40k dps drop

90 Orc Shaman
Anyone else have any issues? I've litterally seen almost 30-40k dps decrease
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
A little context would be helpful...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I can't help you. Maybe you should give detail.

But, what I can tell you, is that you're doing something horribly wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Your gear is obviously broken.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I'm not entirely sure how to describe it, same rotation basis, ST>SS>FS>LL on 5 MS UE>Elemental blast Earth shock if FS is still on target. Same gear, same weapon enhancements, same everything, but for some reason my dps went from averaging 80-90k to where I'm struggling to keep 38k

and no my gear is not broken
Edited by Hexplode on 10/10/2012 9:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Because a 40k DPS drop is totally plausible.

I somehow doubt you were doing around 50k sustained and now struggle to break 10k. Or you were somehow doing 90-100k sustained (you weren't) and are now still doing pretty decent damage.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Maybe he's talking about AoE throughout Heroics, and now that LFR is open, boss level single target.

Edit: With mechanics that cause you to be 'off boss' quite frequently
Edited by Knan on 10/10/2012 9:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I was healing feng earlier, my gear broked.

I was wondering why my healing was !@#$ one attempt...
Reply Quote
o.O trololololll
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I think your dps meter was broken, and now it's fixed.
Reply Quote
Rez sickness?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Pulling 80k dps in a heroic with the 15% boss in a fight that lasts 30 seconds is pretty easy.

Pulling 40k dps in a raid where you aren't enchanted or gemmed sounds about right.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Current content burst phase people will start off at 160-200k. Slowly dropping down to the average of 60-65k using Heroic 463 gears. Mind you this is accounting proper play, gem+enchanted, and using pots on top of food and flask.

And you cannot compared Heroic Dungeon DPS with Raid DPS, cause in Dungeon you get the 15% random buff. And being a shaman, even without other people you would have already gotten most of the major buffs, except 5% stat.

Also do not be too worried about "My damage is close to tank's damage". They are absurd now it isn't even a joke, but you still shouldn't be under their damage, just don't go expecting a 30-40k gap at the end of the fight.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/11/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Keepin
Pulling 40k dps in a raid where you aren't enchanted or gemmed sounds about right.

You forgot proper reforging for the caps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]