Stories behind the names of your toons?

(Locked)

72 Worgen Rogue
What's the stories behind the names of your toons? Share please!

Lethoura (hunter): I had an old basilisk character by the name of Lethoura. I still don't know where i got the name. I then created a feline named Lethoura and when i saw the hunter class color was green i made a hunter named Lethoura!
Thowra (druid): Thowra was my "fursona" on an art website and is my main in theory. He's a male toon because the character Thowra (who is named after the horse in the book The Silver Brumby) is a male. Raises some eyebrows sometimes since i am a girl, unfortunately.
Mindfang (warlock): Named after the Homestuck troll ancestor. Fits with Warlocks fortunately.
Hðwl (shaman): Not sure, actually.
Sotoba (priest): Japanese grave markers are called Sotoba. Priests, graves? Yeah.
Dogtier (warrior): another Homestuck thing. Jade's God Tier is nicknamed Dog Tier, and Dogtier is a worgen...
Çynder (rogue): Named her in the midst of a Spyro kick.
aaand i think that's all my toons!
5 Gnome Mage
I was trying to spell Xephos backwards and failed

Rarity - MLP

Sashar - Just my fem toons. I'd have stuff like Sasha, Sashar, Sashrar, yada yada

Gabriel - Just a really awesome sounding name. I have it on my warlock, but he's xmogged into a "holy" looking set. He has the title, the Light of Dawn.
Edited by Sophex on 10/2/2012 12:28 PM PDT
90 Worgen Hunter
Posted on the wrong toon.
Dang.
87 Blood Elf Mage
My name's Matthew ._.

Lack of imagination, hooo
90 Pandaren Monk
Clicked randomize one time after trying one name I liked. This name sounded Asian enough to me. Thus, Roshiru was born.
90 Human Death Knight
Um.....
45 Blood Elf Mage
<--- Mean Mr. Mustard took Maxwell's Silver Hammer (Level 90 Epic Mace) and knocked my in game mother in the head with it. Scince then I have been begging the Kirin Tor to allow me to rename myself but the council keeps polymorphing into a room full of Tuskarrs and chanting "Koo Koo Kachoo" at me whatever that means. Odd sense of humor those Kirin Torr have.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Because when I am disguised as a Night Elf I become a Blood Elf Night Elf Knight Elf Kníghtelf.
85 Human Hunter
And then Tomselleck because...well...Tom Selleck.

And Jakethadog because Jake The Dog.

And Davegrowl because I vow to become Dave Grohl's best friend before I die.

All of my toons are fairly self explanatory.
90 Worgen Hunter
@Dejjorn
You have the best name.
I actually misread it as Dijon (like the mustard) before i even read your explanation :'D
45 Blood Elf Mage
@Dejjorn
You have the best name.
I actually misread it as Dijon (like the mustard) before i even read your explanation :'D

Thanks!

My other toons are Jaggmaw (cuz it sounds very Orcish) and Uzil (named for the Dune character).
90 Worgen Hunter
@Dejjorn
You have the best name.

Thanks!

My other toons are Jaggmaw (cuz it sounds very Orcish) and Uzil (named for the Dune character).

Ohh, nice. Never read Dune myself but my father keeps telling me to.
66 Gnome Monk
Well, this one is self explanatory- I'm chuck norris's lil asian brother.
Other toons are
Shadowpanda- a rogue panda
Hatomoto- a shaman blacksmith - the name comes from a sword smith from feudal japan
Spazegoat- a drainie mage who goes pewpew
Slapntickle- an alchemist dwarven paladin - after a few drinks who doesnt want a little slapntickle?
90 Human Paladin
Nautical terms that I smashed together.
45 Blood Elf Mage

Thanks!

Ohh, nice. Never read Dune myself but my father keeps telling me to.

One of the best scifi book series ever written. Frank Herbert was pure genius.
90 Human Paladin
Rev Jim was my favorite character on Taxi. I figured it was a good name for a bank alt. Apparently he had other ideas about his lot in life.

Charger - Completed the paladin quest to obtain a Charger. 06/20/2009

BEST. QUEST. EVER.
45 Blood Elf Mage
This friend of mine likes to do really stupid life chancing things. If not cliff diving or jumping off roofs into pools....her latest stunt was that she went sky diving....

I had to improvise a little as you can only have so many letters.

Interesting. Iv always wanted to go skydiving. Looks like a blast!
I played resto last season. Nuff said.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]