Consider The Following...

85 Worgen Mage
(I haven't actually PvP'ed yet, I can't bring myself to do this questing content, but I'm back because it looked like the new talent system made PvP interesting.)

Healers have always had a privileged role in PvP. A healer is not like a DPS or a Tank, a healer is like a super class. Healers used to be coveted in PvP because they were so much more impactful than DPS were. It used to require two DPS using interrupts to topple one healer.

Now, as far as I can tell from all of the QQ, things are different. It seems now that "healer" is just another flavor. Instead of depleting enemy health, you replenish allied health. No longer are healers privileged super classes. It seems like they're finally in line with everybody else. You got so used to being able to keep yourself and others up for very long periods of time, that this change of pace is a huge shock. Now you know what it's like to be a DPS. You have a small window of time to be as effective as possible before you die, and little room for error.

No longer will the team with more healers automatically win, a good day indeed.
Edited by Aeøn on 10/2/2012 4:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
You are alliance,

Horde will not do anything at all to you in bgs until 3 expansions time.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
Thank you for the off-topic response. I find it funny that Alliance > Horde now. Because when I was Horde through all of Vanilla, BC, and half of Wrath we dominated the Alliance in every BG except AV.

On many different servers which were mostly in different battlegroups, too.
Edited by Aeøn on 10/2/2012 4:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
It used to require two DPS using interrupts to topple one healer.

There have always been multiple classes that could solo healers.

It depends on what kind of setup you want to argue this in. I'll go through them against a Mage since that's what I'm familiar with.

1v1 Holy Paladin, easy win for the Mage
1v1 Disc Priest, easy win for the Mage
1v1 Resto Shaman, a little annoying, but eventually a win for the Mage
1v1 Resto Druid, the Druid wins if there's anything to LoS with

Now when you put that in a 2v2 scenario the Holy Paladin and Disc Priest fights turn in favor of the Paladin and Priest because they can easily dispel any CC that I put on their partner.

However, when a DPS and a healer are in a wide open battleground not trying to kill each other specifically, the healer is always able to put out more healing than the DPS can damage.
Edited by Aeøn on 10/2/2012 5:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Healers have always had a privileged role in PvP. A healer is not like a DPS or a Tank, a healer is like a super class. Healers used to be coveted in PvP because they were so much more impactful than DPS were. It used to require two DPS using interrupts to topple one healer.

Now, as far as I can tell from all of the QQ, things are different. It seems now that "healer" is just another flavor. Instead of depleting enemy health, you replenish allied health. No longer are healers privileged super classes. It seems like they're finally in line with everybody else. You got so used to being able to keep yourself and others up for very long periods of time, that this change of pace is a huge shock. Now you know what it's like to be a DPS. You have a small window of time to be as effective as possible before you die, and little room for error.

No longer will the team with more healers automatically win, a good day indeed.

If you are talking about 10-89 bracket,I'm sorry to burst your bubble,but healers are godmode now.
Everythig you stated above is wrong.The situtation is quite the opposite in bgs (again 10-89)

Also when i reread your post:

10/02/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Aeøn
It seems now that "healer" is just another flavor. Instead of depleting enemy health, you replenish allied health.

The heck? roflmao
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I detect a Bill Nye reference in the thread title...
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Paladin
If you are talking about 10-89 bracket,I'm sorry to burst your bubble,but healers are godmode now.
Everythig you stated above is wrong.The situtation is quite the opposite in bgs (again 10-89)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
To restate this in a different way:

Healers have always been, point-for-point, better than DPS in PvP. In a 10v10 fight, a team with 2 Healers and 8 DPS will beat a team with 10 DPS almost every time. If Healers were balanced with DPS then this wouldn't be the case, and the outcome would be 50/50.

Now, it seems, as far as I can tell from your QQ, Healers are suddenly balanced with DPS. Being a Healer is no longer special. The magnitude of your role has changed.

It's time to stop thinking of the role like this:
"I can go into a Battleground and be an amazing Healer that everybody loves. I'm going to top my teammates off in battle and multiply their virtual health pool by 20. I'm going to completely strip people of buffs and debuffs."
and think about it like this:
"I can go into a Battleground and heal who I can. I'm going to restore my allies' health strategically and double the life expectancy of who I can. I'm going to dispel key buffs and debuffs."
because this is what DPS think:
"I can go into a Battleground and kill who I can. I'm going to kill enemies strategically if I can and try to stay alive as long as possible. I'm going to CC important targets and help my allies deal with threats."

Just let it sink in. Your role has changed, now you can either change specs or roll a new class, or adapt.
Edited by Aeøn on 10/3/2012 2:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]