Tank Damage

90 Human Paladin

EDIT: Also, does this make Final Wrath glyph for execute phases more DPS than using Hammer of Wrath now?

It seemed to be for me running dungeons last night, but that is purely subjective as I didn't take the time to more carefully examine the numbers.
Edited by Tarwth on 10/3/2012 8:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
During our raid last night... I was top damage/dps every attempt... Call the dps bad? But I'd say 70k dps is a bit excessive from me.. I imagine after a month of a tank being on top the dps morale will be pretty damn low. Concerning.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
World of Logs counts Stagger as part of the monks damage.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I wasn't talking about WoL. To my knowledge we haven't used it since DS progression.

But when the monk tank doing double dog duty can get off 300k Keg Smashes on CD... While our most geared player (Rogue) and least geared (hunter) are doing almost half my dps is going to cause issues. You could say they were both demoralized because we didn't get the Stone Guard down... But after speaking to them both you could tell they both feel almost gutted simply because no matter what they do, they can't keep up with my numbers.

I love monk, I truly do. I dislike the damage tanks pump out now. It's ridiculous.

edit: spelling
Edited by Kredulous on 10/3/2012 10:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I was simply stating the info about stagger. Is your Rogue combat?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Yes sir
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
10/03/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Kredulous
But when the monk tank doing double dog duty can get off 300k Keg Smashes on CD...

They didn't think the KS change through. I'm pretty sure we'll see it getting the Howling Blast treatment through a hotfix, even before we set a foot in Heart of Fear.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
And Blade Fury is active? Hmm.

Off topic- Glyph of Stone Skin. Really? This exists?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
10/03/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Litchi
But when the monk tank doing double dog duty can get off 300k Keg Smashes on CD...

They didn't think the KS change through. I'm pretty sure we'll see it getting the Howling Blast treatment through a hotfix, even before we set a foot in Heart of Fear.

It's insane. The two multi dog packs prior to Stone Guard.. I was trying to hit 1m. Highest was 890k.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
10/02/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Maulfurion
Is it fairly close right now or are DK's still so far ahead it's ridiculous? Playing on my main (Prot Warrior) I sometimes wonder if the numbers are close at all.

If this hotfix went live last night around our raid time I didn't notice it at all, the blood dk tank was lightyears ahead of me in damage.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
10/03/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Phoenix
Is it fairly close right now or are DK's still so far ahead it's ridiculous? Playing on my main (Prot Warrior) I sometimes wonder if the numbers are close at all.

If this hotfix went live last night around our raid time I didn't notice it at all, the blood dk tank was lightyears ahead of me in damage.

In 10 mans, WoL has blood DKs averaging higher than Paladins. In 25 mans, Paladins are decimating the competition.

AP conversion ratios too high perhaps?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/03/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Kredulous
But when the monk tank doing double dog duty can get off 300k Keg Smashes on CD... While our most geared player (Rogue) and least geared (hunter) are doing almost half my dps is going to cause issues. You could say they were both demoralized because we didn't get the Stone Guard down... But after speaking to them both you could tell they both feel almost gutted simply because no matter what they do, they can't keep up with my numbers.

Slightly off topic, but it caught my interest, so allow me to derail us briefly.

I think that the problem quoted here could easily just be a "we started raiding and no one is geared" problem.

Assume that we tanks are hit/exp (soft)capped and the vast majority of our AP comes from Vengeance; as we gear up, our damage won't increase as much because our stats are now all going into survival stats. DPS on the other hand, will have all of their stats going towards increasing their DPS which, at this point in the game with few stats, few epics, and (probably) bad weapons, they have a ton of room to grow. That won't happen with tanks.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior

In 10 mans, WoL has blood DKs averaging higher than Paladins. In 25 mans, Paladins are decimating the competition.

AP conversion ratios too high perhaps?

They also double dip with buffs. 10% ap buff converts to 5% more SP which is then further increased by the additional 10% sp buff. And how much of their damage comes from SP-derived values?

And yes, they scale far too aggressively with Vengeance and not nearly enough with base and weapon damage. There's nothing substantially wrong with Paladins once they've got big gobs of Vengeance (other than higher-scaling thing I'd like to see adjusted anyways I mean), but their output without or just very little Vengeance is abysmal. Single target, aoe? Doesn't matter. It's just flat out terrible compared to every other tank.
Edited by Feandel on 10/3/2012 1:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Paladins need the same treatment DKs got late in the beta - huge nerf to AP coefficients, huge buff to baseline damage.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
Blood boil needs that treatment too. :p And for the DRW bug to be fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
10/03/2012 05:05 PMPosted by Rijdot

blood boil already got that treatment though. then nerfed the AP coefficients by 50% if I remember correctly.

The biggest thing is our disease damage and the DRW bug.

Edit:
Blood Boil, at very high AP from Vengeance, was hitting harder than Heart Strike. Blood DK DPS was also on the high side. So, we adjusted Blood Boil damage:
Changed the damage of Blood Boil; base damage went up by 388%, AP Coefficient went down by 42.7%.
Reduced the damage bonus to Blood Boil from Crimson Scourge from 40% to 10%.

9/11/2012
Edited by Mortalitus on 10/3/2012 5:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
well derp then.

how i done missded that?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I have a dk and a warrior, my dk utterly stomps my warrior's dps while tanking.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight

What DRW bug? Where it does full damage? I thought that was intended, given the tooltip change.

10/04/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Williame
I have a dk and a warrior, my dk utterly stomps my warrior's dps while tanking.

In what content?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/02/2012 10:48 PMPosted by Barfus
I probably shouldn't try to give feedback considering my gear, but.. it feels like my damage as a prot paladin is pretty ridiculously low without a ton of vengeance. Maybe it's just me, and not other paladins, but i've done single-target killing, and i've seen literally every other tank spec kill faster. I've tried group-pulling, but all of the other tank specs kill them faster as well. I feel my dps is pretty low as a Prot Paladin, and my survivability, quite frankly, doesn't make up for it after a while because i still don't feel as durable as a DK who, from what i've observed, does loads more damage as a tank..

It's ok.. apparently prot paladins do "to much damage"

i wonder if there's a different class named paladin because mine sure as hell isn't seeing these numbers.

My guild went 4/8 this week. MT prot pally pulled 100kdps (topped the dps by far) on Guardians, DK pulled 56k.

Something is wrong here. I'd start with Vengeance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]