The Misty Keg 2: The Big Lebrewski

90 Pandaren Monk
10/05/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Advanced
Deny. Too many smelly ex-shamans anyways.

Only the sexiest of shaman with good hygiene and impeccable fashion sense went monk.

Just clearing that up.

I do miss my face tentacles, though.
90 Pandaren Monk
10/05/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Unthir
So why should I play a monk. I have thought about leveling one, but can not get motivated to try it. MOTIVATE ME.

Had you heard that at lvl 20, you get a quest which takes you to the Peak of Serenity in Pandaria to do "monk training"? Easy fight against an NPC which helps train players to use their monk abilities. On completing the quest, you are awarded the Enlightenment buf, which increases the xp you get from killing things & turning in quests by ***50%*** for one hour.

Oh, and a staff.

After that point, you can return to the Peak of Serenity every day and do a daily to get an hour of the buff again.

Every 10 levels, you get a new special quest to go back (in addition to the daily) to get an extra hour of the buff from completing the quest. And another item of gear.

When you hit lvl 85, the Enlightenment buff you get drops to 20%. Some people saved up allllll of their every-10-level Enlightenment quests and used them all in the last levels of content to help them get through the hard-to-level levels.

... that won't motivate you to play a monk, but it *will* help you make the decision to go ahead and do it, if you should find that the class sounds amazing! And it is. Amazing. Plus - we're not shamans.
90 Troll Shaman
i went undead.. i like their striking animations too much.

i dont think he shows up on my character list yet.. nope.

hes only level like.. 5 though but i like it so far.

i was debating between tauren and undead D:

edit: hes an alt, im not rerolling my shammy. i love them too much. even if blizz doesnt love us
Edited by Trollinthndr on 10/5/2012 1:42 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk
So apparently you don't need a fishing pole anymore. If you don't have one equipped, a stick with string pops up.
100 Pandaren Monk
10/05/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Zhun
So apparently you don't need a fishing pole anymore. If you don't have one equipped, a stick with string pops up.

o.o must go stick and string fishing
90 Pandaren Monk
HC
10/05/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Zhun

Best change of all time.
90 Pandaren Monk

Best change of all time.

o.o must go stick and string fishing

Well, the tradeoff is no +fishing buff. You can't add lures to your weapons, and better fishing poles have innate buffs.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc78/Frylock72/WoWScrnShot_100512_180517.jpg
Edited by Zhun on 10/5/2012 3:08 PM PDT
100 Human Monk
10/05/2012 02:55 PMPosted by Advanced

Best change of all time.

Oh lord, now when I aggro a mob when I'm fishing I don't have to cry myself to sleep.
90 Tauren Monk
The lack of Brewmaster glyphs that are available right now is soberingly dreadful.
100 Blood Elf Monk
10/05/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Kryalice
Oh lord, now when I aggro a mob when I'm fishing I don't have to cry myself to sleep.

Zen Flight Fishing.
100 Blood Elf Monk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAPD3vO-AaU

If you guys don't know who Lana Del Rey is, you're welcome.
Edited by Mist on 10/5/2012 5:06 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk
So I know I'm only level 61, but I wanted some feedback on my usual rotation as a Windwalker. Mostly so I know I'm learning correct habits. At this level it generally doesn't change between bosses or trash. I'm also kind of bad at remembering to use my Tigereye Brew. I also have Chi Brew, not Ascension.

Jab, Jab
Tiger Palm, Tiger Palm, Rising Sun Kick
Jab, Jab (at this point I tend to be low on energy, is this a good time to use Energizing Brew?)
Tiger Palm, Fists of Fury

Most mobs are dead by that point, and trash/bosses just repeat this for the most part (sometimes using Spinning Crane Kick when there are three or more mobs). On single-target like bosses, instead of Fists of Fury I generally refresh Tiger Palm earlier and go into Blackout Kicks. Normally I use Energizing Brew when I get to that point because I can get about five or so Blackout Kicks in its duration.
90 Pandaren Monk
10/05/2012 04:30 PMPosted by Mist

Zen Flight Fishing.

ohgod... this is how I'm going to spend ALL of my down time! :D
94 Draenei Monk
So I know I'm only level 61, but I wanted some feedback on my usual rotation as a Windwalker. Mostly so I know I'm learning correct habits. At this level it generally doesn't change between bosses or trash. I'm also kind of bad at remembering to use my Tigereye Brew. I also have Chi Brew, not Ascension.

Jab, Jab
Tiger Palm, Tiger Palm, Rising Sun Kick
Jab, Jab (at this point I tend to be low on energy, is this a good time to use Energizing Brew?)
Tiger Palm, Fists of Fury

Most mobs are dead by that point, and trash/bosses just repeat this for the most part (sometimes using Spinning Crane Kick when there are three or more mobs). On single-target like bosses, instead of Fists of Fury I generally refresh Tiger Palm earlier and go into Blackout Kicks. Normally I use Energizing Brew when I get to that point because I can get about five or so Blackout Kicks in its duration.

Generally it's a good idea to FoF before you energizing brew, in case you energy cap. You'll probably do something like this
Jab>RSK>Jab>TPx2>Jab>TP>Jab>BoK or FoF
Then continue keeping RSK and FoF on CD while keeping TP up and using BoK, when you finally can't jab and FoF has like, Im gonna say maybe over 5s on its CD, use energy brew

chi brew is best used when you hit that point where you can't jab again, just drop a couple 2 chi spenders and keep going.

I'm sure this will change with things like burst phases in raid fights and such, this is just what I do to not lose my sanity with these 20 second boss fights.
Edited by Zephel on 10/5/2012 7:56 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk
kk people, I'm going INSANE here trying to get to 90. 5mans aren't providing xp much faster than me questing as a Mistweaver (hint - that's SLOWWWWWwwwwwwwww).

Situation: I am *terrible* learner. Like, it takes me a LONG TIME to get the hang of *playing* a spec. I can booklearn all I want, but becoming anything resembling proficient is a long and torturous process for me best started at lvl 10 on a toon.

so... if I grab a Windwalker spec (I literally know nothing about WW beyond what I just read in the post above this) and some vendor gear, am I just going to end up dead while questing? MW may be slow, but nothing - not even multitudes of enemies beating on me - can kill me. I may take a year and a day to kill *them* ... but I emerge victorious.

TL;DR are lvl 87 - 90 quest mobs able to be facerolled by a WW who doesn't know anything about how to play?
100 Blood Elf Monk
WW is faceroll no matter who you are.

Important things for WW questing:

Punch things with RSK.

Blackout Kick things to heal.

Expel harm things to heal.

If you're about to get dooked on, touch of karma, then stun when that runs out. It's all really easy.
90 Pandaren Monk
Excellent. Exactly what I needed to hear :)

edit: I will still find new ways of sucking harder than any other Windwalker in existence. Hopefully, it'll still be faster questing anyway ;)
Edited by Meditation on 10/5/2012 9:01 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk
10/05/2012 07:49 PMPosted by Zephel
Generally it's a good idea to FoF before you energizing brew, in case you energy cap. You'll probably do something like this

I like to have the Tiger Palm buff up before I do anything else because it allows more damage, especially before using Fists of Fury or Spinning Crane Kick. I'll keep this in mind though, thanks.

Edit: Thank you based Zen Flight.
Edited by Zhun on 10/5/2012 9:59 PM PDT
90 Troll Monk
After using Zen Flight for the last few days, I say this with confidence;

It is easily one of the best glyph spells in existence and totally makes up for our somewhat lackluster (on paper) Majors for me.

Makes fishing a breeze too, and oddly even more calming. Wishing my claw didn't pop out when I fished though.
90 Pandaren Monk
HC
10/05/2012 08:59 PMPosted by Zhun
I like to have the Tiger Palm buff up before I do anything else because it allows more damage, especially before using Fists of Fury or Spinning Crane Kick. I'll keep this in mind though, thanks.

RSK before tiger palm :)

Fists of fury should only be used if you are 1000000% confident you will get the entire channel off
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]