I rolled a DPS class to DPS

4 Undead Warlock
Apparently I should have just rolled a tank. Nearly every heroic I've done the tank has been soundly beating EVERYONE, and by a large margin. Especially DK's.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Tank dps is going to be much higher in relation to dps at the beginning of the expansion because there are very few dps stats (i.e haste, crit, etc.) on gear while Vengeance will contribute a lot to a tank's. Once people start gearing up the dps should start equalizing a bit. I'm not saying this as a main spec tank, but this is common sense.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Who cares. I dont dps 5 mans to feel good about myself. 5 mans are for gearing up.
Reply Quote
70 Gnome Rogue
10/02/2012 08:29 PMPosted by Mezasu
Who cares. I dont dps 5 mans to feel good about myself. 5 mans are for gearing up.

If I came in heroics on my mage and out tanked the tanks or out healed the healers then these forums would be EXPLODING with QQ. I should not be beat by tanks when I'm in 5 pieces of heroic gear with heroic weapon.

My damage isnt even bad, i do 45k single and 70k+ on AoE. Tanks just do ridiculous damage.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Who cares that the Blood DK is carrying us through Heroic dungeons...
Reply Quote
4 Undead Warlock
10/02/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Feralosity
Who cares that the Blood DK is carrying us through Heroic dungeons...

I care. What is the point of a DPS class if I can't DPS as well as the tank? My only job is to DPS, yet tanks are now doing it better. And they are doing it substantially better.

Look at the panic when Dark Apothesis was viable....
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This is blizzard's way to get more people to play tanks. Do it! So that my queue times are faster. I'd gladly let you outdamage me. DOO iTT!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/02/2012 09:55 PMPosted by Bándet
You do realize that Heroics are a complete joke right?

Regardless of the content, it's poor game design on blizzard's part to have one role A doing role B's job better than role B can do it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I honestly don't lose to a tank too often, even on trash pulls, though SCK seems to be a tad OP with AP and haste scaling (before without haste scaling is was pretty weak and obnoxious). As BrM people can't touch me with the new Keg Smash. Its over powered at least currently. As long as I use it on CD I will NEVER lose threat and usually lead damage AoE.

Single target I can do anywhere between 50-60k and I don't too often see tanks at that level single target.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Haven't had any tanks out damage me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I feel like I am outdpsed on a regular basis by Blood DKs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I have yet to find a tank outdps me. In fact, I have only encountered two classes that have surpassed me or even kept up. Mage, and warlocks.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Tanks dont outdps me. Then again im frost so i can spike over 100k on aoe pretty easily.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Tanks dont outdps me. Then again im Elemental so i can spike over 100k on aoe pretty easily.

Altered a bit, but this :<

Tanks shouldn't be outdpsing many, if any, people on boss fights with no adds.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
It will defiantly even out once people get gear. Blood IS doing stupid amounts of damage atm though.
Reply Quote
4 Undead Warlock
10/03/2012 11:32 AMPosted by Aceyalone
It will defiantly even out once people get gear. Blood IS doing stupid amounts of damage atm though.

While Blood Death Knights have been higher on damage than most other tanks, we’re expecting that the adjustments we’re making to the other tanking classes will close the gap. While we haven’t made any changes to Blood lately, we will be keeping a close eye on it.

Awesome.....
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 08:29 PMPosted by Mezasu

Ummm, it's not just 5mans. Our blood DK topped the meters on Stone Guard last night and if you look at WoL top 10s you will notice on 4 out of 6 of the fights a tank is in the top 10 dps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]