I rolled a DPS class to DPS

90 Orc Death Knight
Perhaps it's already been said but once everyone gets into 463 ilvl gear things start balancing out.

I'm constantly seeing tanks on the bottom of meters now that people are geared, well they're on the bottom when people are geared AND know how to play their class - but that's a completely different topic.

Also, as stated above, once we start getting in higher tiers of this expansion we'll see DPS classes damage go up while the tank damage stays the same because they're not receiving damage stats.

I could be missing something but this whole subject seemed pretty simple to me.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
i can beat tanks as frost spec dps in 5mans its not impossible, just hard.

though how i see it, the tank requires constant heals by healers in order to achieve that dps through vengeance (taking damage) so its not their damage alone but a combination of theirs and the healers.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
i can beat tanks as frost spec dps in 5mans its not impossible, just hard.

though how i see it, the tank requires constant heals by healers in order to achieve that dps through vengeance (taking damage) so its not their damage alone but a combination of theirs and the healers.

You have trouble beating tanks in your current gear? With the exception of one of your trinkets, your gear is better than mine, yet I have no problems beating a tank in dps.

There must be something wrong w/ your rotation if you're having that much trouble.

No what this thread has turn into is.

It's fine, don't nerf me bro thread.

The fact that you guys are trying to defend this dps, is amazing. I mean don't get me wrong, my friends and I are getting tons of laughs from it. The fact that people act like it is fine, until dps gets geared up is another funny joke.

Just keep this thread alive, I'm going to enjoy the i told you so when nerfs come.

No it's a baddie's shattered ego thread. They're whining because their epeen isn't the biggest in the raid. I have no problem with a tank doing good dps. It just means everything dies quicker.

If anything, a dps losing to a tank is the "funny joke" around here. Now, why don't you go back to Goldshire and get back to ERPing w/ the other boys?

who said i had problems beating tanks (especially pug ones)?

i usually roll with guildies, both mine and our monk tank aoe dps goes up to about 150k - 160k, and my single target dps in 5mans is around 70k.
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure the epeen comment wasn't directed at you
Reply Quote
9 Blood Elf Hunter
Whatever no matter what people say you guys will defend it.

Enjoy the nerfs.

I wouldn't defend it if there was an actual argument against it other than not wanting anyone else ahead of you on recount.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/10/2012 04:44 PMPosted by Phyria
It's fine, don't nerf me bro thread.

No, it's a "I'm butthurt 'cause I'm not first on meterz" thread.

10/10/2012 04:44 PMPosted by Phyria
Just keep this thread alive, I'm going to enjoy the i told you so when nerfs come.

You told us what, exactly?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
10/10/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Elecia
I wouldn't defend it if there was an actual argument against it other than not wanting anyone else ahead of you on recount.

In that case, when are you going to start lobbying for Mages to get hp buffs, passive crit mitigation, and defensive cooldowns? I mean, if all those tanks just want to be better at holding threat... who cares what they want!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
10/10/2012 10:32 PMPosted by Sethmann
In that case, when are you going to start lobbying for Mages to get hp buffs, passive crit mitigation, and defensive cooldowns? I mean, if all those tanks just want to be better at holding threat... who cares what they want!

what?
Reply Quote
24 Blood Elf Priest

Comments like this make me laugh.

As people said countless times before, We rolled a job to do it. Tanks should not no matter what, be able to do that job better. Even if it is a gear issue. Tanks are tanks.

If you want a fair trade off, let me char be able to dps and tank also. That would be fair, as well. No? Well gtfo. You are able to do 2 jobs instead of one. That is bs and everyone knows it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/11/2012 07:31 AMPosted by Phyria
If you want a fair trade off, let me char be able to dps and tank also. That would be fair, as well. No? Well gtfo. You are able to do 2 jobs instead of one. That is bs and everyone knows it.

The tank isn't doing 2 jobs. You cannot take dps out and put more tanks in.

If you could tank and dps in the way you want, you'd replace tanks. The way tanks are working currently, they don't replace anybody.

I swear, it's like someone cut off the flow of information from your eyes to your brain.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
10/11/2012 07:54 AMPosted by Hyjinx
I swear, it's like someone cut off the flow of information from your eyes to your brain.

Lets not start making personal attacks now.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/11/2012 08:38 AMPosted by Hiroran

Lets not start making personal attacks now.

Personal attack would be calling him names. All I'm saying is that he repeatedly turns a blind eye to reading what is it being said.

When he posts, he repeatedly says that it would be unfair if dps could tank. And it would, because then dps would replace tanks.

Tanks are not replacing dps, nor will they, nor can they.
Reply Quote
24 Blood Elf Priest

The tank isn't doing 2 jobs. You cannot take dps out and put more tanks in.

If you could tank and dps in the way you want, you'd replace tanks. The way tanks are working currently, they don't replace anybody.

Are you guys really that slow?

The tank is not taking spots on dps, No one is saying that.

However, the tank can put out numbers as high as a DPS. That is what is irking people, and besides people saying "It's ok, it makes runs faster, and it's balance" No one has come close to coming up with a good reason why it should be like this. When tanks can be on par with DPS, it makes people question why they are dps when they can just roll a tank, get faster queues and put out numbers that is equal or greater than a dps.

It's not balance at all. Stop trying to act like it is. You guys really can't be that thick headed. It has went from being funny, to sad.

Sorry your epeen isn't as big as you thought it was. As for two jobs, might I remind you about how disc priests were op in 5.0.4? Yes, I know this isn't your main, but if you want to be taken seriously, then post on it.

Edit: Seriously though, go back to Goldshire

Logic is amazing, disc priests was op also. Does not mean tanks should be as well. Also, tanks are not winning favors by talking about egos, when they have the biggest egos of anyone else.

It makes me smile also, because when the dps gets nerf. Tanks tears are the best tasting ones.
Edited by Phyria on 10/11/2012 10:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/11/2012 10:10 AMPosted by Phyria
It's not balance at all. Stop trying to act like it is. You guys really can't be that thick headed. It has went from being funny, to sad.

Yeah, it's rather amusing how I can 180 every statement you make.

Sign of a weak argument.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
nerf tanks to the ground imo so they cant even quest to 90, so then all the "top of the meter dps" can sit in que's longer becuase there will be no tanks. Then we can all start reading the new topics, omfg give tanks more dps pleaze so i kan haz moar smaller que's.

On a side note, making tanks seem OP fotm at lvls less than 90 might bring more tanks to the que. This would reduce que times. From what I have seen also, most tanks excel at AoE damage, yet many or most get beat on sinlge target, boss being single, trash being AoE. We all know which encounters really matter.
Edited by Linkded on 10/11/2012 10:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
92 Human Paladin
When tanks can be on par with DPS, it makes people question why they are dps when they can just roll a tank, get faster queues and put out numbers that is equal or greater than a dps.

There are only 2 tank slots (sometimes 3 in 25-man) in a raid. Not everyone can be a tank.

EDIT: Having to deal with active mitigation might change a lot of DPS-only players' minds about rolling a tank. The ones that don't change their minds are the ones who like it, and the ones who are truly meant to be tanks.

As a tank, your job (on non-trivial content) is to maximize your active mitigation FIRST and FOREMOST, aside from positioning the boss correctly and using cooldowns as appropriate. Your DPS comes as a distant third. If you can manage to perfect your primary priorities, you can attempt to maximize your DPS. In a raid, you ARE FORCED to deal with active mitigation properly, or your healers will notice and start to OOM if you're bad. I still guarantee that very few DPS will roll tanks, even with them topping meters.

As a DPS player, it's the reverse. You maximize your DPS while staying out of the bad stuff. Your mitigation is your secondary, not primary concern. Staying alive is, but taking a few ticks of extra damage is not as great a concern as beating the enrage timer.
Edited by Dekkar on 10/11/2012 11:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
24 Blood Elf Priest
10/11/2012 10:22 AMPosted by Hyjinx

Yeah, it's rather amusing how I can 180 every statement you make.

Sign of a weak argument.

reporting for trolling. You made no good arguments and just being plain sad.

There are only 2 tank slots (sometimes 3 in 25-man) in a raid. Not everyone can be a tank.

EDIT: Having to deal with active mitigation might change a lot of DPS-only players' minds about rolling a tank. The ones that don't change their minds are the ones who like it, and the ones who are truly meant to be tanks.

As a tank, your job (on non-trivial content) is to maximize your active mitigation FIRST and FOREMOST, aside from positioning the boss correctly and using cooldowns as appropriate. Your DPS comes as a distant third. If you can manage to perfect your primary priorities, you can attempt to maximize your DPS. In a raid, you ARE FORCED to deal with active mitigation properly, or your healers will notice and start to OOM if you're bad. I still guarantee that very few DPS will roll tanks, even with them topping meters.

As a DPS player, it's the reverse. You maximize your DPS while staying out of the bad stuff. Your mitigation is your secondary, not primary concern. Staying alive is, but taking a few ticks of extra damage is not as great a concern as beating the enrage timer.

Here is the thing.

Tanking is really not that hard, and pretty much feels the same as dps. You have cool downs to use at certain moments. DPS is the same. Threat, both have to worry about, and aoe both have to do.

The whole tanks have a few spots is the only saving grace that tanks have right now. What people are failing to accept is that, DPS should not be able to tank at all, but how come a tank should be able to dps near equal to a dpser? How is that fair or balance? Don't even talk about gear and things, it should not even be a issue at the start, because dps have to work harder to get gear to pass a tank, while i seen tanks in greens pull out numbers that is retarded.

Even on near equal gear fights and raids you see Blood DKs topping charts.

Tanks have no grounds to argue for. It is not good for the game, and it is not going to stay like this. That is the bottom line.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/11/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Phyria
reporting for trolling. You made no good arguments and just being plain sad.

I could report almost every post you've made in this thread if that were the criteria for trolling. Just because you don't agree with the arguments doesn't mean they aren't good arguments. Your entire argument boils down to "I'm sad about being beaten on Skada."

10/11/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Phyria
The whole tanks have a few spots is the only saving grace that tanks have right now. What people are failing to accept is that, DPS should not be able to tank at all, but how come a tank should be able to dps near equal to a dpser? How is that fair or balance? Don't even talk about gear and things, it should not even be a issue at the start, because dps have to work harder to get gear to pass a tank, while i seen tanks in greens pull out numbers that is retarded.

What you're failing to accept is that it doesn't matter whether the tank beats you or not. The tank has no impact on you and cannot replace you.

If they could replace you, you'd have a very valid argument. But they can't. They do not invalidate you, they do not replace you, and the discrepancy goes away as soon as you get 5-man quality gear and raid-quality gear.

By the way.... To wit:

It makes me smile also, because when the dps gets nerf. Tanks tears are the best tasting ones.

Trolling.

Whatever no matter what people say you guys will defend it.

Enjoy the nerfs.

Trolling.

10/09/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Phyria
This has turned into a don't nerf me bro thread. They will get nerfed so calm down. They act like this is the new normal when it is not. Come on, common sense is not that far gone. Tanks dps is dumb and will get the swing.

Trolling.

The latter two were entire posts, too.
Edited by Hyjinx on 10/11/2012 12:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]