feral getting smashed in bg's

90 Troll Druid
Are any other ferals getting smashed in bg's? also are you doing little damage to classes?
i have had some chats to fellow ferals in bg's and they feel the same? what do u guys reckon?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
i should note that i mean 90 level bg's
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
ferals suck as always
Reply Quote
Hello, I don't post here often. But here is my two cents.

Usually I have played balance, but decided to switch feral a few days ago (limited exp from cata). I find ferals quite strong atm, the ability to shift out of roots definitely improved the outlook of the class for myself.

Damage output is good, 155% move speed in cat with 2piece is great and stampede as 4piece smooths out rotation quite alot (allowing for opening with pounce, then following up with ravage for near-guaranteed 3 combo points).

Let me know exactly what trouble you are having in pvp;
Are you watching your positioning?
Are you shifting out of mage roots to avoid shatters?
If you know a mage has deep freeze up and trinket is down do you pop survival instincts?
What talents are you choosing?
Have you figured out your pvp rotation yet?

P.S. I am thoroughly enjoying my feral experience :)
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 01:46 AMPosted by Starbloom

Whatever drugs you're on, please enlighten the rest of us.

Feral is near the back of the bus right now...
Reply Quote
Nice to see my first post here got a response from someone who obviously has no positive imput to provide whatsoever :)
Reply Quote
Btw anyone that is interested, check out the EU forums! They have completely different opinions on the viability of ferals this season. If ferals really do turn out to be horrible this season, i'll either change spec or level up a fotm alt haha
Reply Quote
Hello, I don't post here often. But here is my two cents.

Usually I have played balance, but decided to switch feral a few days ago (limited exp from cata). I find ferals quite strong atm, the ability to shift out of roots definitely improved the outlook of the class for myself.

Damage output is good, 155% move speed in cat with 2piece is great and stampede as 4piece smooths out rotation quite alot (allowing for opening with pounce, then following up with ravage for near-guaranteed 3 combo points).

Let me know exactly what trouble you are having in pvp;
Are you watching your positioning?
Are you shifting out of mage roots to avoid shatters?
If you know a mage has deep freeze up and trinket is down do you pop survival instincts?
What talents are you choosing?
Have you figured out your pvp rotation yet?

Starbloom is right.

Feral is in a good spot. It's not amazing, it's not best melee but you can go toe-to-toe with most classes, especially mages and rogues. Expect to tear your hair out vs fear classes though.

The only significant issues I have are:
- By far the biggest one. No fear protection or reduction (this will drive you insane) despite fears being unavoidable now. Being feared for 12 seconds straight is common practice against a Spriest thanks to instant cast, low CD psychic scream mixed with trollfiend.
- Ferocious Bite is not dealing enough damage for it's energy cost vs armor classes. You can pull off 100k crits vs clothies but you will be lucky to crit 50k vs plate. This is an issue for me since FB is usually a big finishing move but it's weaker than most standard abilities of other classes. Although our DoTs are strong, sometimes you want instant, strong burst and the other DoT classes have this capability.
- Slight lack of defense outside of cooldowns. Sometimes too much defense when cooldowns are up.
- Damage is far too low without high mastery. Maybe part of the reason why so many people are complaining about feral PvP damage being lackluster.

Overall though, pretty good. A lot of Cata ferals may not like that they have to manage a critically important buff now, maybe they just want to roll face. Seems to me that those are the players who aren't liking the spec atm.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
10/03/2012 03:53 AMPosted by Evolution
you can go toe-to-toe with most classes, especially mages and rogues

Rogues are free HKs right now for everyone, that's nothing to write home about.
I don't know if I'd say we're in a bad spot, but we certainly can't go "toe to toe" with anyone... at least not literally. If you're staying in the center of the action and not dying within a few seconds, it's because you have an amazing pocket healer.
Reply Quote
Here is a guide I recommend reading http://www.arenajunkies.com/strategy/wow/13-positioning-as-a-melee/

It's by vanguards (ret pal) has very useful tips for arenas, which can also save your life in bg's enjoy :)

1 tip against spriests is to cyclone or outrange psyfiend asap. Also practice dodging those capacitor totems, keep faerie fire on killtarget and rogues/ferals. Use spare globals for something.

Practice makes perfect!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
If you're having SPECIFIC Feral issues there is a thread going that is extremely helpful!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6607191543

If it's just a matter of you dieing to much in BGs - work on what others already said. Positioning 100%.

That mage you're looking at with 100% hp in the open? Do you have trinket up for that first deep? Barkskin for the second? How long before his buddys come? Your allys? Can you lead him away for a 1v1? If it gets bad - do you have a place to line of sight him for a restealth?

You have room!

Pounce that mage, then when he blinks BEAR CHARGE HIM (It's a root <3) he ice blocks? Don't sit there! Run the hell away. Restealth. He now doesn't have a block. Repeat with zerk up and kill em.

I can't tell you have many times I have had the flag, and just straight out played 4-5 of the other team in our base running around being all ninja-kitty and what not.

If ___ really hits the fan - Stamp roar > Travel form (They stack) > wild charge jump > dash - >Restealth.

Add in engineering glider and rocket boots -drools- <33333
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Play a rogue, you will be thankful for your kitty.
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 10:05 PMPosted by Chilidogg

I haven't played my rogue yet, but are you implying that for the first time in Wow rogues are actually worse off than feral druids? I'd be surprised simply because the trend has always been that rogues have always been better in many ways, especially pvp.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
Gettin wrecked for the most part. Hunters, spriests, warriors, and mages just anniahlate me.

I honestly feel that feral is in a worst spot rigth now, then it was in BC. Bleed damage is pitiful, self heals are pathetic compared to other dps classes, avoidance is horrible, defensive cool downs are decent. Burst is pretty sh!te.

I was a fairly high rated pvp'er on my feral back in Wrath and Cata, and now I feel I am one of the scrubs in bg's it seems. Well maybe not THAT bad, but still :P

And the problem will only get worst. Ferals are known for scaling badly with gear. So while everyone gets geared, the gap should get wider. Ferals are also supposed to (along with rogues) have an advantage in early season pvp, when stealth openers are OP'd against targets with no/little resil, yet this advantage is hardly even noticeable.
Edited by Khanner on 10/4/2012 12:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior

I haven't played my rogue yet, but are you implying that for the first time in Wow rogues are actually worse off than feral druids? I'd be surprised simply because the trend has always been that rogues have always been better in many ways, especially pvp.

For a season ferals were better than rogues (in wotlk) and for a few weeks in Cata, and I will paraphrase what a Blizz Blue posted about that:

-we are nerfing feral because we do not want players to prefer feral/disc or feral/rogue over disc/rogue or spriest/rogue.

No, I am not making this up; no I did not quote them exactly, but this WAS their reasoning. I am HORRIBLE at googling stuff, so if you want a direct quote, look it up yourself.
Edited by Khanner on 10/4/2012 12:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
@OP

Somethings you can try which might make the BG grind more enjoyable until you can step into arena or RBG's:

-Queue with friends. I had a blast today running with 4 of my other buddies and wrecking people.

-Try out different talents. HotW is hilarious, and DoC is great if you've got high uptime on a target for amazing self heals coupled with Glyph of Cat Form. If you're having energy problems I'd highly suggest SotF over Incarnation, it helps.

-Do some arena or RBGs. In BG's there's always the chance 3-5+ people could be targeting you at a time, in rated matches you KNOW who you have to contend with and your partners can help to tell you and peel you if you get in trouble.

While I will admit we're not in a great spot right now I don't think we're terrible. I'm having fun and I look forward to arena in a few weeks once I'm settled in and the grinds for PvE are done.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Feral is near the back of the bus right now...

nearly everyone says this about their class. Mages would be the exception right now.

nearly always it's just the player attempting to compensate or wanting things easier.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]