feral getting smashed in bg's

90 Night Elf Druid
Hi, I have played feral since wrath. You are defiantly right, we are way more squishy then we used to be. The other thing noticed was everyone seems to hate us. Next time you are in a bg go sit off to the side of combat and see if people drop their fights to come kill you. If you are dying alot, replace cyclone and roots on your bars with healing touch and practice living. thats not an insult, im dead serious. I have noticed most ferals refuse to heal themselves now.

if all else fails, play like a rogue and just ks or assist with endless stun locks followed by you running away healing to full and disappearing again. remember incarnation lets you re stealth too.

TLDR: Heal, Stun, and Vanish

MEOW~
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
10/04/2012 04:01 AMPosted by Shadowstorms
Feral is near the back of the bus right now...

nearly everyone says this about their class. Mages would be the exception right now.

nearly always it's just the player attempting to compensate or wanting things easier.

I don't say that, but right now, I would say it is true. I already outlined above some issues with feral.

Ferals are not bottom of the barrel, but close to.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Im lost cause ive played about 40+bgs it fells like and can only member losing 7 of them total.. two being av. 1 isle rest ball game.

Ne ways in almost every singe game ive been top dmg or kill kb. Not really sure wtf other ferals doing to suck.. mabye dont keep savage roar up.. Not useing cds smart.

To top it off in every game im always the highest none spec healer in healing. Some games depending on how useless the healer is ive bet them as well.

4pc once u get it makes it even easier.

But if you are dieing in bgs to fast its more or less ur spec and cd use. Cause feral might be stronger right now then any other exp or any other time in wow. Cept the few days that rake was getting like 3x the effect from mastery and rip was way op.. Thouse 3 days with single set of dots killing anyone was fun as hell also.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm not blatantly doubting there are good ferals in this thread. Nogoto (sorry if that's butchered, your post is on a different page) has some truly inspiring concepts there. I however, am one of the people getting destroyed in bg's. I'm not exactly discouraged, but I do feel like I'm targeted first a LOT of the time.

Any hope that some of you 'better' ferals (Drcow?) would want to post a video of some of your self-proclaimed awesomeness? Show the rest of the community how it's done.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/04/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Drcow
This is the big point I think people are missing. Not just specifically the 4pc, but all pvp gear in general.
Without nearly a full set of honor pieces you're going to struggle purely due to low survivability; once you get a decent chunk of resilience and both of the pvp set-bonuses things get a lot better.

My current experience is pretty indicative of "feral sucks," but this is in complete contrast to my beta experience where everyone had pvp gear. I'm fairly certain most of the negative experience is coming from lack of resilience and secondary stats to really fuel our damage.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm not blatantly doubting there are good ferals in this thread. Nogoto (sorry if that's butchered, your post is on a different page) has some truly inspiring concepts there. I however, am one of the people getting destroyed in bg's. I'm not exactly discouraged, but I do feel like I'm targeted first a LOT of the time.

Any hope that some of you 'better' ferals (Drcow?) would want to post a video of some of your self-proclaimed awesomeness? Show the rest of the community how it's done.

Im actually going to start working on videos of arena and BGs once I get a good start on them. I will post them on these forums. However I dont think thats what anyone in particular needs atm.

Heres my opinion. My View right now. Every class in the game atm has insane burst and insane CC. Insane. Even ferals. (Just yesterday I took down a fairly skilled hpally by myself while his healer friend was in a clone... That shouldn't happen.) On the other side of things.. a backpedaling keyboard turning mage would have killed me if my healer didnt have my back. Because he got the jump. Ive been Globaled by 1 Warrior. One.

Everyone is dieing incredibly fast. Aoe CC is everywhere and It Will hit you. And you just might die in that CC.

Why am I not having problems? Because when 3 people are on me and I die. (yeah it happens all the time) I shrug it off. No class is designed to live long through 3 decent players without outside help. When I do a BG where I get clobbered because some of the opposing team may be sticking together and Im alone, I shrug it off. No one is meant to live through that.

I judge my gameplay by that WSG where me and my 3s team went in and noone could touch us. 6 on 3.

This is after I went 0 out of 11 on the first day of the season in BGS.
Edited by Earthreaver on 10/4/2012 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I wasnt so sure about ferals at 90, after finally doing some bgs and arena, i can say I'm content with how they are. Good burst, fair off heals, we hold our own. It's a different play style is all, more running and healing and being conservative. Knowing when to gun or run xD
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think if you aren't running with friends/guildies/pocket healer, it's nice to have Dream of Cenarius as you are gearing up. Why?

The heals! As long as you have Soul of the Forest as well, you can hit stuff, build combo points up a little faster, and use the instant PS for those 130k Healing Touches. Having Rejuvenation rolling and critting for 20k a tick is nice! Additionally, there's no reason a DoC buffed Rake shouldn't be up for that extra damage.

These early stages of an xpac are redonk. I use Symbiosis on either a Pally or a Priest so I can have Divine Shield or Dispersion for the additional defensive CD when the going gets way rough.

The first night I PvP'ed I wanted to throw my computer because I was getting globaled every time I opened. Now that I've *finally* adjusted to a more defensive strategy (for now!), I stay alive and it's nice!

You may think I'm ray ray—all the glad ferals are running 3 minute monster burst beast spec with Incarnation/Nature's Vigil—but they also are running in a coordinated team or with partners. That setup works great with them! However, if you are running solo, try out some more defensive strats :)

I'm 20 points away from getting my 4 piece bonus...I'm hoping that will help even more. Anyway, keep yer heads up and keep going!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
not usually big on forum posts but ill have at it. BGS should feel a bit different drom cata because of the tree split...no mas bleed tanking till your full health. FB is trash ATM, im sure blizz will have to own up to this sooner or later, hopefully sooner. that being said are control is great right now, i arena'd with a pally last night and even though we gave up atleast 80k combined health againts opposing teams, with on-par gear im sure we'll do better , SR i think needs a second goin over . and blizz..WTF?!?! you didnt want bears tank dpsing..why the hell are DKs doing it?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
make SR 100% up time at 20-25% would make me happy in the pants
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Feral definitely isn't faceroll right now but it isn't the worst that it's ever been as far as I can remember.

Of course the damage output depends heavily on the armour type (and gear level) that you're attacking, I may be getting 75k Ravages with everything poped on a Monk then get 20k Ravanges on a similarly geared Warrior.

If you keep up the CC (focus rooting / cycling other targets) and take advantage of the heals, you should be able to down most classes, though some are a bit questionable.. going toe to toe with a warrior isn't a lot of fun, or trying to survive through a BM Hunter, but it is do-able.

I have to say, seeing Ferocious Bite hitting much lower than Ravage is irritating.
Edited by Savethetrees on 10/4/2012 11:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
Im lost cause ive played about 40+bgs it fells like and can only member losing 7 of them total.. two being av. 1 isle rest ball game.

Ne ways in almost every singe game ive been top dmg or kill kb. Not really sure wtf other ferals doing to suck.. mabye dont keep savage roar up.. Not useing cds smart.

To top it off in every game im always the highest none spec healer in healing. Some games depending on how useless the healer is ive bet them as well.

But if you are dieing in bgs to fast its more or less ur spec and cd use. Cause feral might be stronger right now then any other exp or any other time in wow. Cept the few days that rake was getting like 3x the effect from mastery and rip was way op.. Thouse 3 days with single set of dots killing anyone was fun as hell also.

Out of curiosity... armory is showing you in the 464 pvp gear... did they let people who purchased it before the nerf keep it at 464, or is armory just not updating correctly yet?

I ran a few BGs in 463 heroic gear today and felt like I just didn't have any burst to down anything. It didn't help that every game I was in alliance had at least 3-4 healers. If I wasn't getting focused, I could survive ... had a good 2min standoff with a destro lock and resto druid in Icewing... but not killing much of anything. That might be more down to no pvp gear (no power, no set bonus), but yea. If I did get focused, it was over *fast*... we are very squishy with no get out of jail cards if we get caught out in the open. Really feel like we need a vanish or fearbomb or something other than travel form for those moments.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
10/04/2012 11:51 PMPosted by Savethetrees
BM Hunter

I've actually had some success against hunters. They have stupid damage, but it's entirely dependent on their pet. I just pillar hump and build CPs on their pet using them for selfhealing til I kill it. Then kill the hunter.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
The only way our dmg is somewhat decent is with having SR up at all times (I really dont understand why they balanced our dmg around this) if its down, you might as well be a level 85 attacking 90s.

This was predicted but for some reason half of you thought it was a good change.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Don't know how ferals are in arena atm, but imo feral is the best flag carrier in RBGs by far. with cooldowns pop-d you get to 700k+hp and with how op healing is right now (yeh instant healing to full is considered op). Faced some myself that couldn't kill. If you think I suck ask Vanguards, watched his stream last night. they couldn't down this feral flag carrier the whole game, It's ridic
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
SR sux balls in it's current form.

It needs a longer duration, it should be reapplied automatically by finishing moves. It should not be on the GCD. It should not consume combo points.

Fear... man o man... I recall being fear kited relentlessly in TBC, and it is that bad again. Bring back berserk fear immunity. DO IT!!!

Shifting roots is amazing again. About damn time Blizzard fixed this.

Flag running at 200% is fun... But as a kitty, we are to squishy to hold flag.

Talking about squishy... our less than great burst damage does not justify how squishy we are. We are probably one of the squishiest classes out there.

It appears this will be another season of nobody wanting a kitty on their RBG team. Perhaps, Bears will be decent flag runners... but kitties will be SOL... again.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/05/2012 07:19 AMPosted by Veneficae
Don't know how ferals are in arena atm, but imo feral is the best flag carrier in RBGs by far. with cooldowns pop-d you get to 700k+hp and with how op healing is right now (yeh instant healing to full is considered op). Faced some myself that couldn't kill. If you think I suck ask Vanguards, watched his stream last night. they couldn't down this feral flag carrier the whole game, It's ridic

That must have been a Guardian speck (Tank). Different from a Feral Kitty. It would be nice to finally be a viable Tank speck for RBGs. But aside from Tanking the flag, pvp as a Tank Bear seems like it would not be much fun.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/05/2012 07:19 AMPosted by Veneficae

Was it a Guardian, not a Feral?

10/05/2012 09:11 AMPosted by Wheresmycar
It should not consume combo points.

Ugh, love/hate point here. I love getting PS procs off of Savage Roar :(

Fear... man o man... I recall being fear kited relentlessly in TBC, and it is that bad again.

So. Much. Fear. Every 15 seconds you can expect to run in Fear for 12 seconds. I've gotten pretty good at Cycloning Psyfiend, but between Priests, Locks, and Wars with the lowered CD on Intimidating Shout, I do miss the fear break on Berserk these days!

I still say Symbio a Pally or Priest until you feel more resilient.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

How do you already have full Dreadful gladiator set?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
10/05/2012 09:18 AMPosted by Wheresmycar

That must have been a Guardian speck (Tank). Different from a Feral Kitty. It would be nice to finally be a viable Tank speck for RBGs. But aside from Tanking the flag, pvp as a Tank Bear seems like it would not be much fun.

10/05/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Galaver
Was it a Guardian, not a Feral?

Yeh must've been, my bad. Didn't know they split feral(dps) and feral tank
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]