Powershot is physically dodgeable.

90 Orc Hunter
Tested and confirmed, if the target moves out of the path of the shot it doesnt effect them.

Its a true 'skill shot' we cant aim.

A 1min CD, 3 second cast, final tier talent, - that is totally mitigated by the target simply stepping sidways.
Edited by Vaelkyri on 10/2/2012 9:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Nope, it fires at the target you have selected, and you cant fire without a target selected.

Its a true 'skill shot' we cant aim.

Go test it, duel someone- get them to go to a decent range and run sideways when they see the cast finish.
Edited by Vaelkyri on 10/2/2012 10:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Good. One less knockback.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Good. I'm glad your ability is bugged because fu hunter.

ftfy. just let it all out now.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
10/02/2012 10:04 PMPosted by Stalked
Good. I'm glad your ability is bugged because fu hunter.

ftfy. just let it all out now.

Aren't we defensive.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
10/02/2012 10:35 PMPosted by Kanoi
Aren't we defensive.

There's not much to be defensive about.
It's not that great of a skill. Plus, it's not like I'm trying to defend something horribly overpowered.

You just sound pretty silly and/or butthurt coming in to with "Good, your long cast knockback deserves to be bugged because reasons."

Shouldn't you be more worried about Explosive Trap?
You know, the instant one, not the 3 second cast one.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Nope, it fires at the target you have selected, and you cant fire without a target selected.

Go test it, duel someone- get them to go to a decent range and run sideways when they see the cast finish.

You can still turn your character when you are casting at someone you are targeting.

You arnt getting it, the acutal projectile is avoidable. While the shot is in the air- after it has been fired, people can move out of the way of it.
Edited by Vaelkyri on 10/2/2012 11:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
10/02/2012 10:53 PMPosted by Stalked
You just sound pretty silly and/or butthurt coming in to with "Good, your long cast knockback deserves to be bugged because reasons."

Actually, I think it should be flat-out removed because I think knockbacks are dumb.
Edited by Kanoi on 10/2/2012 11:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/02/2012 11:01 PMPosted by Kanoi

Actually, I think it should be flat-out removed because I think knockbacks are dumb.

I feel the same way about smokebomb
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
10/02/2012 11:01 PMPosted by Kanoi

lol smoke bomb k
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I see the only real solution here, when the hunter cast the shot, everone in the bg should be pulled into the LoS of the shot and rooted and it should kill them.

That about sums it up.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
or they could increase the projectile speed so that a 1min CD, 3second cast, final tier talent isnt mitigated by simple change of direction.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk

You arnt getting it, the acutal projectile is avoidable. While the shot is in the air- after it has been fired, people can move out of the way of it.

Oh..

God, damn.

That is...

Wow.

More than likely the same brilliant pathing method of SFB. I've had those things bank the weirdest angles trying to follow the contours of the map.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock

Oh..

God, damn.

That is...

Wow.

Pretty much imagine if you could strafe any projectile spell. All hell would break loose.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Paladin
WOW - really??? If this is true Blizzard has really screwed the pooch here.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
First thing I couldn't help but think of:

You guys wouldn't last a match in LoL.

Initially I had thought, "You know... powershot is a TON of damage... that might be unbalanced in PvP."

But its a 'skillshot'? By all means if you can land it you deserve all the damage. Well played sir.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

lol smoke bomb k

That supposed to hurt my feelings?
You're free to not like smoke bomb. I didn't make the ability, I just use it. I'm giving you that same respect for powershot (and knockbacks in general) but you seem to be taking it really personally. I'd work on that if I were you.

I do think it odd that the projectile can be completely avoided after firing though - I originally thought the range spread was just very small.
Edited by Kanoi on 10/3/2012 7:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]