Powershot is physically dodgeable.

90 Draenei Hunter
How can you compare LoL PvP to Wow PvP?

Landing skill shots in LoL are incredibly easy. There is no Z axis, there is no Z axis terrain, there are a LOT LESS gap opening and gap closing moves in LOL.

Playing Ezreal isnt even hard but thats because LoL has been designed around skill shots.

Skillshots in WoW have not been elegantly designed.
Reply Quote
39 Gnome Monk
It doesn't make sense to be able to dodge a bullet. You either hit or miss your target. Unless Power Shot is stupidly slow, which also doesn't make sense.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
10/03/2012 08:33 AMPosted by Samanthakip
It doesn't make sense to be able to dodge a bullet. You either hit or miss your target. Unless Power Shot is stupidly slow, which also doesn't make sense.

Azeroth's atmosphere is so dense that it can't help but drag anything that flies through it. You ever fire a gun in this game? You see how fast (read: slow) that bullet moves? Pretty sure you could dodge Azeroth bullets IRL.

Assuming you wouldn't suffocate first. Our pathetic Earth lungs wouldn't be able to handle it. We're not superpowered like Azeroth's denizens.
Edited by Kanoi on 10/3/2012 8:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Uh, you can dodge every level 90 hunter talent by either LoSing or moving out of range as it goes off.

It's inexcusably bad coding on a tier of talents that already sort of suck.
Edited by Neruse on 10/3/2012 10:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Uh, you can dodge every level 90 hunter talent by either LoSing or moving out of range as it goes off.

It's inexcusably bad coding on a tier of talents that already sort of suck.

Yup, been noticing this lately with Glaive Throw as well.
Watching someone just walk off while the glaives are in air, and they don't do any damage or snare is extremely frustrating.

All three having some pretty noticeable bugs is really frustrating, I don't understand how it got this far with nobody noticing. :/
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
If I sign on board with this idea that the talents were lazily put together; can I get my entire lv 90 tier replaced?

Chaos bolt hits harder than powershot.

Oh wait, took me a minute to realize this was directed at me.

I don't have chaos bolt.
Edited by Acteon on 10/3/2012 12:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
That supposed to hurt my feelings?
You're free to not like smoke bomb. I didn't make the ability, I just use it. I'm giving you that same respect for powershot (and knockbacks in general) but you seem to be taking it really personally. I'd work on that if I were you.

Here is the difference... smoke bomb in and of itself is incredibly useful... powershot knockback is just flavor.

10/03/2012 12:31 PMPosted by Acteon
I don't have chaos bolt.

That's beside the point.

10/03/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Stalked
All three having some pretty noticeable bugs is really frustrating, I don't understand how it got this far with nobody noticing. :/

People were to busy being flabbergasted that blizzard chose to give us two tiers of flat damage cooldowns vs. utility talents like every other class got. (Oh and btw our dps is balanced around taking these DPS cooldown talents, gg blizz, hilarious)
Edited by Spinnerdh on 10/3/2012 1:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
10/03/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Spinnerdh
People were to busy being flabbergasted that blizzard chose to give us two tiers of flat damage cooldowns vs. utility talents like every other class got. (Oh and btw our dps is balanced around taking these DPS cooldown talents, gg blizz, hilarious)

These bugs are things you can notice just by playing the game, they happen relatively often, enough that by testing the class in general, they should have been noticed, I would think.

They're not some oddly specific thing, and unless they were broken in fairly recently, I just don't understand. :/
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
10/03/2012 03:36 PMPosted by Mourgrim
I hope these whiners never go play Gw2! Because everything is dodge able in that game...

This kind of posting being so common is why nothing productive happens on the forums, ever.

Let's just leave it at something simple:
GW2 is a built around active dodging, WoW is not.
Edited by Stalked on 10/3/2012 3:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
First thing I couldn't help but think of:

You guys wouldn't last a match in LoL.

Initially I had thought, "You know... powershot is a TON of damage... that might be unbalanced in PvP."

But its a 'skillshot'? By all means if you can land it you deserve all the damage. Well played sir.

Theres a difference, in Lol you can Aim the shot.

I hope these whiners never go play Gw2! Because everything is dodge able in that game...

I do, currently in a Top tier world. Same argument as LoL, you can AIM the shots/attacks that are like this.
Edited by Vaelkyri on 10/3/2012 4:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
If only they'd do something similar to all ranged attacks . . .

Actually, this is pretty bad stuff. Good luck, hunters. I hope it's not intentional, but I kind of fear it is.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/03/2012 03:45 PMPosted by Stalked

And yet a number of abilities are in the game now that can be actively dodged. Monks get several of them, and they're a pita to use sometimes because of that. Personally I think if Blizzard is insisting on keeping these mechanics, they need to be hit or miss. By that I mean if the person doesn't dodge in time, it will hit - no chance of missing, dodging, parrying, etc. WoW's combat system is built on auto targeted abilities, which makes it very difficult to aim something against someone who is constantly moving.

It's like giving everyone heat sinking missiles in an FPS and then suddenly introducing shots where you have to lead your aim.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
10/03/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Altoholic

And yet a number of abilities are in the game now that can be actively dodged. Monks get several of them, and they're a pita to use sometimes because of that. Personally I think if Blizzard is insisting on keeping these mechanics, they need to be hit or miss. By that I mean if the person doesn't dodge in time, it will hit - no chance of missing, dodging, parrying, etc. WoW's combat system is built on auto targeted abilities, which makes it very difficult to aim something against someone who is constantly moving.

It's like giving everyone heat sinking missiles in an FPS and then suddenly introducing shots where you have to lead your aim.

Which abilities are we talking about here? Flying serpent kick? Please people if you are going to claim to have an argument against us then actually supply your reasoning with the actual facts.

Btw, flying serpent kick is a completely different story as it doesn't require a target and is not directed at a specific target, unlike powershot which is a targeted ability.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Just tested it out as well. It needs to be fixed.

Glaive Toss might be acting the same way, have to test it out.
Edited by Predator on 10/3/2012 6:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
10/03/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Altoholic

Love landing FSK right on a resto druid only to have him twitch from lag and appear 20 yards away unphased. Also love an expensive interrupt only justifiable by its positional-based silence subject to lag and spinning.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I hope they fix this for u... incredibly frustrating I can imagine...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Are you guys sure whether it's supposed to work like this, or if it's just bad coding (due to lag or whatever)?

Because this sounds dumb. I dont remember anyone !@#$%ing about it in beta though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]