Demonology Warlocks with Wands

90 Human Warlock
I know this topic has been tossed around a lot. However, even in these last batch of hotfixes, no wand fix was to be seen. For those of you who do not know, While in Metamorphisis our Attack Speed is baselined and our auto attack turns a ranged ability that fires as we cast. However, with wands, we are unable to trigger our new "melee" attack while in meta. As such, lose around 5% dps just due to a bug (or a huge oversight) that causes us to use baseline "Shoot" Ability, which triggers the GCD and stops us from being able to use Touch of Chaos. This needs to be fixed ASAP since our only option for a weapon in Moshugun Vaults happens to be a wand, which with this bugged left in play, would render demo crippled in the weeks to come.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
:I
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
This is an extremely frustrating problem. Is there any way to just remove the "shoot" functionality altogether?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
please fix this!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I would like to see this issue fixed asap. Cant stand watching my fury being wasted while i shoot my wand.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Can't wait to kill Elegon tonight and not want to see the wand drop...because of a bug.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
this is very annoying
i have to switch to a staff for demo everytime
only if i knew of this before i bought the inscription offhand,
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
BUMP

Some information at the very least would be nice. I don't understand how Pet Battles, Vanity Pets (the new one on your front page today) and many other misc. fixes that are so small takes priority over giving an answer to this problem for Demonology.

I can't believe the only epic weapon available to me at this time is a wand and I don't even want the thing.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
To my knowledge, even though it's instant, the attacks generated my meta are still considered casting due to the coding, right? and you normally can not shoot or use a melee weapon while casting, right? I don't really see an issue here, unless they change it to where you can turn off the auto-cast function of meta.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
10/11/2012 07:32 AMPosted by Synthetix
To my knowledge, even though it's instant, the attacks generated my meta are still considered casting due to the coding, right? and you normally can not shoot or use a melee weapon while casting, right? I don't really see an issue here, unless they change it to where you can turn off the auto-cast function of meta.

the issue is that sometimes the wand shoot will override our Touch of Chaos due to latency and/or spell queuing, thus locking us out from casting Touch of Chaos for an entire GCD. and this isn't the normalized GCD that Touch of Chaos usually follows but the one whose length is determined by the speed of the wand.

if you equipped a wand and tried playing in meta, you would notice the problem.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Is this still being looked into? I noticed on the hotfix thread they fixed an issue with 'shoot' for our tanking glyph but the problem still plagues the main spec. Meta melee is 5% of my overall damage on any given fight and it has the ability to proc stormlash from the shaman totem. I am unable to use my Elegon wand(489) over a 463 dagger because the dps loss is just too great while playing demo. Please get this fixed soon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
still not fixed for meta. dark apotheosis isn't even viable for anything. i'm confused why the devs found that form important to fix over meta.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It's not really fixed at all, at least not that Ive noticed. Still happens in meta, still happens in dark apotheoses. Really annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I've been looking for an hour to find a macro that can fix this problem...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]