DW or 2H tanking(Parry issues)

90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
So as a new tank, I’ve read that monks are able to tank with both DW and 2H styles. However, I’m worried that parry-gib still exists, which was a major reason back in wrath that DW death knights were not encouraged. Does this problem still exist, or can I feel free to tank with whatever pleases me?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Parry haste hasn't existed since the end of Wrath. Feel free to choose whichever you like =)
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Monk
Don't worry about it.

There are slight differences between a 2h and dualwield style in and of themselves, but use whatever pleases you. You won't be gimping yourself as a tank.
Edited by Jienya on 10/3/2012 2:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
This is good news. Thanks a ton!
Reply Quote
33 Draenei Monk
Parry gibbing hasn't existed since BC. The feature changed for WotLK and now parry's (so far as I've been able to tell) just mean you lose a GCD or two.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
Pretty sure parry-gib still existed in Wrath, at least during Ulduar periods. My DK tried DW tanking and had some bad experiences.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
that's largely contributed to dk's not having the talent that let them dual wield as tanks efficiently (I.e. the frost talent that lets the offhand mimic the attack of the main hand)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Yeah, parry-haste was removed in 4.0. That's why tanks don't get big chunks of free expertise just for being tanks anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I still prefer 2h tanking for monk
Edited by Úther on 10/21/2012 6:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
just seems to net more dmg / threat.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]