XP and MoP

Not really a new player by any means but ive been thinking about leveling my dk alittle. My question is , has it gotten easier to level as fare as xp received from questing or is it the same?
This toon is 88 and my DK is 70. I know that from questing from 85-90 is allot easier as a dk so I thought maybe the lower questing would be the same..thx
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
The xp needed to get from 80-85 has been reduced somewhat, and perhaps the xp awarded by the creatures and quests have been increased slightly, but the quests themselves and their mechanics remain unaltered from their pre-MoP state as far as I know.
Edited by Avanna on 10/3/2012 4:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
if the decreased the Quest xp and increased the mob xp doesn't that sound like its balanced out? maybe not exactly but u get what I mean.
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 04:46 AMPosted by Ishtrak
if the decreased the Quest xp and increased the mob xp doesn't that sound like its balanced out? maybe not exactly but u get what I mean.

What Avanna means (and I hope she is OK with me paraphrasing her) is the gap that you need to fill with experience awarded from Quests and Mobs from 1-85 has been reduced, while what you need to fill that gap with (again Quests and Mob experience rewards) has been made slightly larger.

In essence, for those levels below 85, it is easier to fill that gap to increase your level towards endgame.

This being said, I think your DK will have no trouble levelling up to 90, but you may reach the goal of 90 on your Hunter if you keep at it. Have fun which ever way you choose, Ish.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/03/2012 05:17 AMPosted by Xunn
What Avanna means (and I hope she is OK with me paraphrasing her)

hehe yup, go for it. Different people have different ways of explaining things, sometimes it takes a few tries with different wording before something "clicks". I'll make another attempt just in case.

OP:

The quest XP hasn't dropped, I never said that dropped.

I said the XP one needs to earn in order to level from 80-85 has been reduced. At the same time, the xp you earn from quests and killing things in that content has been increased.

What this means is that you will be able to level from 80-85 in less time and by doing fewer quests, dungeons, and creature kills now than was needed when Cata was current content. So it's been made quicker to level 80-85 in 2 ways because you need less xp and everything you do grants more xp.

But the quests themselves, what you have to do for the individual quests have remain unchanged. The number of creatures you need to kill to complete a quest, the number of things you have to gather for the quest turn-ins, how difficult it is to kill each creature, etc. is exactly the same as it was before. You just get more xp for it all now.
Edited by Avanna on 10/3/2012 5:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i understand..ty
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]