First Time To Outland and Herbalism Lvling

85 Blood Elf Priest
I'm in Outland for the first time, and I'm trying to gather herbs for my scribe profession. All I'm seeing in Hellfire Peninsula is herbs I don't need like Dreamfoil and Golden Sansam.

http://i.imgur.com/4dKx0.jpg
But I keep seeing ^these plants and they aren't showing up on my map as an herb and neither can I pick them. So, I assume they're not an herb, but I want to be sure.

I was anticipating coming to Outland to get the herbs I needed (like Tigerlily and Gold Clover) to make the special ink I need to further my profession. But I don't see those here.

Do I need to level up and get to another area of Outland to get what I need?
Edited by Marissah on 10/3/2012 6:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Tigerlily and Goldclover are northrend herbs, they aren't anywhere in outland. You can head to northrend at level 68.

The herb you are looking at is a quest item, not an herb you collect for your profession.
Edited by Monmonn on 10/3/2012 6:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Thanks for the reply.

I assumed tigerlily and gold clover would be what I'm looking for, but I must be wrong. I double-checked my profession book and I need to make Ethereal Ink and to do so it says I need to mill herbs common to Outland. But it doesn't specify.

So, I'm still at a loss on exactly what herbs I'm looking for then, and where exactly to find them.
Reply Quote
You probably need Felweed and the many other Outland herbs. They sprout in all Outland zones, though as you're noting, some higher level Azeroth herbs also sprout in Outland, especially in Hellfire.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Thanks for the reply.

I assumed tigerlily and gold clover would be what I'm looking for, but I must be wrong. I double-checked my profession book and I need to make Ethereal Ink and to do so it says I need to mill herbs common to Outland. But it doesn't specify.

So, I'm still at a loss on exactly what herbs I'm looking for then, and where exactly to find them.

Here you go

http://www.wowhead.com/item=39342

If you want to see where any of these herbs are located click on them. Felweed is pretty common in hellfire peninsula, dreaming glory is only found on high hills or mountains.
Edited by Monmonn on 10/3/2012 7:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Big help, all of you. :) Thanks!

I'll run around HP and see if I can spot these herbs. Not sure why I'm not seeing any of them yet.

Thanks again.
Reply Quote
I'll run around HP and see if I can spot these herbs. Not sure why I'm not seeing any of them yet.

It's mainly because there aren't as many nodes in Outland and Northrend as there are in the pre-60 old world; they added lots of extra herb and ore nodes when they revamped Azeroth with Cata, so that's why you've been tripping over things up to this point.

Felweed is a big green plant, and you should find more of it in the western half of HP, and less of the dreamfoil and mountain silversage. You'll see a lot of both in Zangarmarsh as well, and frankly I prefer to gather in HP, then hop over to Terokkar when the mobs aren't as dangerous, avoid Zang altogether. Also, nightmare vine from Shadowmoon Valley might sell well in the AH, since it's used for the final wizard oil that casters can apply to their weapons.

From now on, you don't have to mill such specific herbs to get specific pigments, there'll just be the regular and the rare pigments from any herb from an expansion's zones (Outland, Northrend, Cata zones, Pandaria). When you get to Northrend, Sholazar is loaded with herbs, but I've found icethorn and lichbloom tend to drop Icy Pigment more often, which is needed for Northrend Inscription Research, and those are common throughout Storm Peaks (although doing the Sons of Hodir quests makes it MUCH easier to gather).

This may help too:
http://www.wow-professions.com/wowguides/wow-inscription-guide.html
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]