Mod for Proper Battle Text?

100 Orc Hunter
I like the good ol' fashioned Final Fantasy-type combat text, where when enemies receive damage it pops above their heads, and when I receive damage it pops above mine.

I'm looking for a scrolling combat text mod that will do just that.

I thought WoW does this by default, but when I uninstalled all my mods, there's just no text whatsoever.

I tried MikScrollingBattleText and ScrollingCombatText and they all seem to flow either to the left or right...

Anyone know?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
Interface > Floating Combat Text
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Derp.

I knew it used to be there.

Ok, now is there a mod that can expand on this style, or at least make it prettier? :)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
That text (the stuff that floats over a mob or player's head and displays combat effects/numbers) is not accessible to AddOns or modification.

The most we can do is change the font it uses.
Edited by Unkle on 10/3/2012 9:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Oh crud.

So about the whole font thing, I am using a custom font (located in wow > fonts), but somehow it doesn't work for Blizzard's floating text.

Perhaps the mod called Shared Media can do this? Any other ideas?

I appreciate the replies so far guys!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
You'll want to replace the FRIZQT__.ttf font to change the combat text font.

You can use a mod to change in game fonts. Or you can replace the original game fonts with the fonts you want to use. Create the following folder:
<WoW directory>\Fonts\
Create copies of the font file of your choice, place them in the above folder, and rename them to the following names:
FRIZQT__.ttf (the main UI font - NPC names, player names, spell names, item names, buffs, quest log text, combat text, button text)
ARIALN.ttf (chat font, info text, small text)
skurri.ttf (default unit frame combat text)
MORPHEUS.ttf (mail text, quest log header text)
FRIENDS.ttf (friends list text)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Woe
Miks Scrolling Battle Text
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
10/03/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Ultionis
Miks Scrolling Battle Text

I've found that MikScrollingText is good, but it only uses "zones", therefore you cannot place the text above characters... unless I'm wrong and I haven't found the way to do it?
Reply Quote
65 Pandaren Warrior
Btw for ppl with Mik's Scrolling Battle Text. It automatically turns off the preset Blizzard floating Text. If you want it for the zones (which is what i use it for)
AND floating text
all you need to do is go into your regular interface controls and turn it back on :)
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
That's correct. And this is why I ended up without any scrolling text hehe.

You can actually have both enabled running at the same time.

Anyway. I'm surprised there's no updated mod for fonts, I looked on Curse.com and seems like they're almost all outdated.

Meh. :/
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
10/03/2012 06:55 PMPosted by Rezwalker
Anyway. I'm surprised there's no updated mod for fonts, I looked on Curse.com and seems like they're almost all outdated.

Because they don't need any changes. Just check "Load Out of Date" in the AddOns screen.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
10/04/2012 06:02 AMPosted by Unkle

Because they don't need any changes. Just check "Load Out of Date" in the AddOns screen.

Fair enough. I usually don't bother because of bugs they may cause, slowdown in performance, etc...

Like x-perl was doing to me last week. Updated it and boom! FPS back from 10 to 50 :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]