Sha of Anger - Hello?

(Locked)

94 Blood Elf Paladin
*Blink*

There's a group feature for a reason..

LOL... there's 6-7 raids going on at the same time. It's complete luck whether or not you tag the boss, so I have to camp over and over and over again until I get lucky enough to cap it.

I realize it's meant to be done in a group. Doesn't help when 7 raids are all camping it at the same time.

It harms absolutely nobody to allow players on high pop realms to finish the quest/weekly for this. Nobody. It's already free loot as it is, I just pugged it on xrealm with the worst group and we rez-zerged it 8 times. You can do it with a group of 87s.
Edited by Misery on 10/3/2012 10:25 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
LOL... there's 6-7 raids going on at the same time. It's complete luck whether or not you tag the boss, so I have to camp over and over and over again until I get lucky enough to cap it.

I realize it's meant to be done in a group. Doesn't help when 7 raids are all camping it at the same time.

Do you not understand the concept of a world boss or something?

Because it's been explained to you that this is intended behavior several times already.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
That seems kind of unfair. An alliance raid is killing the Sha and I show up with a couple guildies and we start hitting it and then every 87 in the area starts hitting and we all share loot? I guess it could work if it was like the LFR loot system but that would be a pain to implement plus it would make it a cinch to go after since we all just have to wait for someone else to attack and then make sure we hit it once.
90 Blood Elf Priest
*Blink*

There's a group feature for a reason..

Which is why after the world bosses throughout vanilla guilds cried so hard that they essentially removed them from the game.

Edit: its only a matter of time before the griefing begins again
Edited by Dirrt on 10/3/2012 10:25 AM PDT
90 Worgen Warlock
10/03/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Mailynn
I have never had any Tag issues.. when the boss is up, our server gets a 40 man team together and we go kill it.... dont understand the issue

Because it looks a bit unnecessary. If the boss can be killed by a thousand of players, why only the one(s) who got the aggro first get the loot?

It works both ways here, and seems people don't get it.

Let me give an example from my server. Some guild I'm not going to name had 8 players to get the aggro first, but there were a lot of other players helping them to kill the boss, they helped in hope to get the invitation. What happened in the end? The guild began to talk as if they were the only ones who downed the Sha. They got the loot, pretended to be the ones who killed it, but a whole bunch of other players helped but got nothing due this aggro/group thing.

The whole "fight for world boss" is a concept that don't work, unless they make impossible to attack the world boss for people who aren't part of the group that got the aggro, that way these people don't help to kill the boss.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

That's the whole point of world bosses. As you pointed out, the challenge isn't the boss itself. It's the other groups that come to fight you for it. If you don't have the tag then your job is to kill the group that does.
2 Troll Priest
There are issues with the Sha of Anger.

1. It can be pulled by someone not in the grp even if they spam taunt
2. You can still grave yard zerg the boss

I would like to see where you can just hit him and get credit for the kill and get a loot box. Atm you are limiting the number of times he can be killed weekly by the realm and limiting the amount of drops from the boss. there is no BH boss and this is a BH boss.
94 Blood Elf Paladin
I have never had any Tag issues.. when the boss is up, our server gets a 40 man team together and we go kill it.... dont understand the issue

You apparently have absolutely no idea how Illidan is like. There are 100-300 people camping each spawn point 30 minutes before the boss spawns. No, that's not an overestimate.
94 Blood Elf Paladin
10/03/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Arrastos
That's the whole point of world bosses. As you pointed out, the challenge isn't the boss itself. It's the other groups that come to fight you for it. If you don't have the tag then your job is to kill the group that does.

Yes, your opinion on the point of world bosses is valid. So is mine. It's free loot, and the fact that you cannot get it in a week without camping it 10+ times is absurd. I already have 60 dailies to do, every day...

Galleon is out of the question, don't even bother bringing that boss up.
90 Worgen Death Knight
10/03/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Misery

Yes, your opinion on the point of world bosses is valid. So is mine. It's free loot, and the fact that you cannot get it in a week without camping it 10+ times is absurd. I already have 60 dailies to do, every day...

Galleon is out of the question, don't even bother bringing that boss up.
World bosses aren't necessary though. It's a simple "Oh you were lucky enough to get the tag on him? Well good for you!" It's like saying the tagging system for rare spawns should be different because they drop gear.
90 Human Paladin
Steps to tag the Sha of Anger

1) Get a raid of 25+
2) Find where he spawns
3) Tag him
4a) If you failed to tag him move away and let whoever did tag him wipe or kill him
4b) If you tag him kill him and get loots
5a) Rinse repeat till successful (He has like a 3 hour respawn timer)
5b) Profit.

Do you not understand the concept of a world boss or something?

Because it's been explained to you that this is intended behavior several times already.

I think the OP's point is that it shouldnt' be the intended behavior. Its a world boss - its not instanced. Anyone walking by it should be able to start pummelling and get rewarded for it.
90 Night Elf Druid
There are issues with the Sha of Anger.

1. It can be pulled by someone not in the grp even if they spam taunt
2. You can still grave yard zerg the boss

I would like to see where you can just hit him and get credit for the kill and get a loot box. Atm you are limiting the number of times he can be killed weekly by the realm and limiting the amount of drops from the boss. there is no BH boss and this is a BH boss.

These arent issues, this is how world bosses worked previously.

Again, you think if I hit a world boss for 0.00001% out of 6-7 raid groups I should get loot? Or if you want loot based on total damage, how do healers/tanks get loot?

If you don't know how world bosses work you can simply say that. No offense, but you are seriously showing your lack of experience in how world bosses have worked and should work.

Its supposed to be competitive!
Edited by Frostbringer on 10/3/2012 10:39 AM PDT
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Just be glad it doesn't spawn only once a week, removing almost any chance of you ever getting a chance to kill it. This is the tamest world boss I've ever seen in any MMO far as everyone getting a chance to farm it goes. It spawns every 2 hours, right? That's 84 spawns a week and 40 players a clip getting their once a week loot, so if you're not one of this week's "chosen few" of 3,360 players then better luck next week.
90 Dwarf Warrior
It doesn't drop anything so, there really isn't a real need for a standard tagging system is there?

Steps to tag the Sha of Anger

1) Get a raid of 25+
2) Find where he spawns
3) Tag him
4a) If you failed to tag him move away and let whoever did tag him wipe or kill him
4b) If you tag him kill him and get loots
5a) Rinse repeat till successful (He has like a 3 hour respawn timer)
5b) Profit.

Well this would be okay if it wasn't essentially a replacement for Baradin Hold. It just gives you a little sack of treasure or a chance at a mount and that's going to put people into the habit of doing it every week, except it's really inconvenient.

It just seems that everyone who clamored for the return of World Bosses is matter of factly defending them now. There's really no reason loot should be based solely on tag. There are better systems to do it, and especially when it's a boss that has no competition for loot.

The only real reason to compete for this boss is entirely artificial. It's not rare, it doesn't have loot, the only thing that keep it "competitive" is that only one group of people can get the credit. Just because they designed what is essentially a loot pinata and then went "oh wait better make it tag based", doesn't make it good design.

All the OP is asking for is that this meaningless loot pinata fulfill it's true destiny.
Edited by Gulvak on 10/3/2012 10:48 AM PDT
16 Troll Druid
10/03/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Mailynn

Your realm must be dead. Last night there were at least 6 full raids with many more people in general trying to forum their own raids, and all camped out at the various spawn points playing 'who's going to get the tag'.

When he spawns now, its a battle for the tag which is mostly coming down to who has someone at the spawn point with the lowest latency.

Not saying it should be changed, but I wouldn't complain if it was nor would I complain if they increased the spawn time on low pop servers and decreased the spawn time on high pop servers.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
10/03/2012 10:08 AMPosted by Misery
bump until word of plans to fix it for high pop realms with 6 separate raid groups camping the spawn
the fix would be to remove the boss altogether. they have done it in the past two expansions. it's complaints like these that we will not see more world bosses in the future.
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/03/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Moradìm
The whole fun of world bosses is battling for who gets to kill the boss. I think you should play a console 1 player game.

the problem is dealing with the babies who try to reset him

if they could make it so he doesnt despawn, or taunt immune to anyone outside the raid group after being pulled, that'd be great.

If someone taunts him, taunt him back.

Wow that was hard...
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]