New to World of Warcraft!

7 Worgen Warrior
Hey guys,

I just started yesterday and I am in love with the game already! But one of my good friends told me this, "I would suggest you so get the addon "Zygor", which can be downloaded It's very good for new players and supplies you with macros, leveling help, reputation, dungeons and more!" I don't know how to get "Zygor" I searched and I would not find it :/ If anyone could help me out.. Greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Mike
Edited by Zewko on 10/3/2012 10:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I honestly don't think it's very necessary, especially when starting out. Zygor is a leveling guide, I wasn't aware that there's an addon involved, but someone else might be able to give you more information. Most addons can be downloaded from Curse.com

If you have questions about the game all the regulars here will be more then happy to help you, but I really don't think you'll need a guide starting out.
Reply Quote
7 Worgen Warrior
I honestly don't think it's very necessary, especially when starting out. Zygor is a leveling guide, I wasn't aware that there's an addon involved, but someone else might be able to give you more information. Most addons can be downloaded from Curse.com

If you have questions about the game all the regulars here will be more then happy to help you, but I really don't think you'll need a guide starting out.

Ok, Thanks for that! I have heard that you can Raid places, And do Dungeons.. But can I do that even though I am in the trial? I am thinking if upgrading soon though.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Yeah Zygor has an addon. It's a waste of money though, I'm honestly not sure how they're still able to use it. I think they skirt the prohibition on paid-add ons by making it a donation or something but it's still sketchy.

Anyway you can get everything you ever need to know for free by using wowhead.com, wowpeida.org and this forum. Don't waste your money.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

Ok, Thanks for that! I have heard that you can Raid places, And do Dungeons.. But can I do that even though I am in the trial? I am thinking if upgrading soon though.

You can do dungeons on a trial, the ones that are below level 20 at least. Raids are end game content so the lowest one that you'd be able to do would require level 60. Not many people do older raids at level anymore though.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Basically in World of Warcraft there are 5 man dungeons, and raid dungeons.

Raid dungeons are where you gather a large group of friends to take down powerful enemies. The first raids are available at level 60, but raiding is mostly an endgame thing, so the level 90 raids are really where the community will be focusing.

5 man dungeons are available for queuing into as soon as you hit level 15. Your dungeon finder button (green thing on the bottom right) will unlock and you can start heading into dungeons. 5 man dungeons are generally not too difficult and will be made up of 3 damage dealers, a tank, and a healer. Trials can certainly join dungeons.
Edited by Monmonn on 10/3/2012 10:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
In case you are not aware, the Zygor guides business model is to give away the guide's up to level = 20/professions = 150 and then charge ( I believe the current price is $35 per guide) for the "rest" of the guide material (I think there's something like half a dozen different guides, each covering a different topic).

There are a number of free resources that will provide much the same information, with a greatly reduced impact in the wallet, and I'd much rather play for the year that you could pay for with what it costs to get the complete set instead.

And of course, there's a lot of folks here to help on specific questions.

<S>
Edited by Sylth on 10/3/2012 10:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
10/03/2012 10:37 AMPosted by Zewko
I have heard that you can Raid places

Also, sometimes people get together in big groups and storm the enemy capitals, but that definitely requires being at level cap and having really good gear. It's a little less necessary if you just want to mess with enemy NPC's and settlements, but most of the time some high level guards will spawn to defend the place and your fun will be cut short anyway.

And welcome to Azeroth /wave

FYI, when you're done in the worgen starting zone, you'll be in the night elf capital of Darnassus. If you check around the city, you'll eventually discover the bank, and right next to it will be the Hero's Call Board which will send you to the next area where you can quest. At that location, it'll be Darkshore on the mainland, but you can travel to the other Alliance capitals and check the boards there to quest in other areas. For now, I'd suggest just following the quests as they come, you'll be doing a LOT of learning and seeing a LOT of new sights in the days ahead. Heck, right now you can head to Ironforge for Brewfest, have some beer and pretzels and catch wolpertingers, and in just a couple more weeks you can bug innkeepers for candy :D

Also, we can have up to 11 characters on each server, a total of 50 for the whole account, so if you're curious about a certain race or class, make one and see what you think :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]