Pet taunt

90 Orc Warrior
Ever since the change to the pet taunt to force the mob onto the pet not just add threat I have to fight with these people to turn off taunt. Anyone else having the same problem with pet classes not turning of taunt or completely oblivious to the taunt change?
Edited by Aluen on 10/3/2012 10:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
All day everyday and I still get the "I took it off" as their felguard, wrathguard or pet rips aggro left and right and I stress not sure who it is attacking...
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
I've heard there is also a bug with the dire pets who will Growl without the hunter giving the order.

I have no source for this though or what triggers it.

Just let them die.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I've heard there is also a bug with the dire pets who will Growl without the hunter giving the order.

I have no source for this though or what triggers it.

Just let them die

Yea I had a hunter last night that swore to me he could not find growl anywhere to turn it off. Maybe a bug?
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
10/03/2012 11:06 AMPosted by Aluen
Yea I had a hunter last night that swore to me he could not find growl anywhere to turn it off. Maybe a bug?

I feel like that's just a bad hunter who doesn't know what his pet bar is honestly.

Speaking as one who does not have a hunter past 47.
Edited by Rijdot on 10/3/2012 11:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's not that all hunters are retarded and leave growl on. It's when they use stampede or dire beast, the AI pet copies have growl on be default... at least that's what my hunter friend assumed was happening last night when he used stampede and one of the copies ripped aggro off me, even though growl was turned off on his owl.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
It's never been a problem for me ever with 5 mans till now. I have to ask at the start of every group for the pet class to turn off whatever taunt the pet may use. I don't get why its such a pain in the !@# out of no where. I don't even see why the old taunt even needed to be changed. ugh
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/03/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Sprinkles
It's not that all hunters are retarded and leave growl on. It's when they use stampede or dire beast, the AI pet copies have growl on be default... at least that's what my hunter friend assumed was happening last night when he used stampede and one of the copies ripped aggro off me, even though growl was turned off on his owl.

correct

they have to either glyph this talent, or go into each pet in their pet bar one by one and turn growl off on each.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
it seems EVERY Pug that i get into has at the very LEAST one hunter if not two. if not 2 hunters then it is a hunter AND a lock or my personal favorite, hunter / lock / UH Dk...

since it seems Blizz is OK with all pets having a taunt they can spam on CD i feel like only two options are viable... #1 disable all pet taunts on entry of dungeon (its not like they need it in a dungeon anyway) OR #2 remove the CD on the TANKS TAUNT in a dungeon so we can at least have a fighting chance at holding agro.

P.S. hunter stampede stealing threat is more annoying in a dungeon than three Dks popping ARMY back in WotLK before Blizz removed their taunt... just sayin.

@_@
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Let the pet die. If it survives, GG. Perhaps say to turn it off once, then just let fate decide.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yup all the time, mostly Hunters. No surprise there though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
As a non-rage tank, I could give two !@#$s if the pet is tanking or not.
If the healer has a problem with it, then they can sort it out with the dps. As far as I'm concerned it's 1 less enemy doing damage to me.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
10/03/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Sprinkles
As I mentioned on realID the other night, Stampede: The new AotD.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/04/2012 11:08 AMPosted by Bbqsauce
As a non-rage tank, I could give two !@#$s if the pet is tanking or not.

Rage tanks don't really care anymore either, since damage taken doesn't give rage. Warriors might lose a Revenge proc or two, but that's about it.

10/03/2012 11:40 AMPosted by Aluen
I don't get why its such a pain in the !@# out of no where

As for warlocks, they gave pets Threatening Presence, activated it by default, but didn't put the ability on the pet bar. So you'll have warlocks who haven't gone digging in their (separate) pet ability window saying that their pet doesn't have a taunt. It didn't, it does now, and the game's done a terrible job of letting them know.
Reply Quote
76 Human Monk
I don't mind, actually. 1 mob off me is extra survivability for me... And usually I'm the next on the threat list if pet dies.

So, as long as the healer doesn't run oom or something healing the pet, I'm okay with it. :D

If it dies, oh what a shame... ;B
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
When I'm tanking on my death knight, pet growl doesn't really bother me. If a hunter or warlock wants to pull threat (and damage) from me, then go right on ahead.

The only thing that bothers me is that I have to check and see what the mob is attacking. I worry about other players, not their pets.

Pets are better mitigation than dodge, parry and block.
Reply Quote
41 Orc Warrior
I've had boss cone attacks kill party members cos a pet taunt went off at a bad time.

Usually doesn't affect the outcome of the fight :)
Reply Quote
My personal favorite is when hunters pull out 5 of their pets at once and leave taunt on, it's like fighting AoTD all over again.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I never even knew it had changed. Mea culpa.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I dont think you dont even need to turn off taunt. My pet doesn't have taunt and it pulls more aggro than the Tank! Thing is, you need to dismiss your pet. Sure, it might lower your damage, but after your pet is killed, which is sure to happen, the mob will go straight for YOU! I got killed many times this way!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]