divine star for our last tier is bogus imo

90 Blood Elf Priest
divine star needs to be reworked. it's too weak to waste a cd when we have other ablities that do more dmg or healing.

heals for 9k-12k why would i cast it when it does only the amount of a renew?
damages for 12-15 hits like one critted dot of VT

for a last tier it's awful

Halo's healing is hardly noticeable in times of need for 1 heal that expand and cost so much mana it's hardly efficient.

Cascade is by far my favorite one of the 3 great for pve but pvp is ok. please fix the other 2 abilities. Our last tier spells should not be this way especially when other caster classes are getting big damage booster spells.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
heals for 9k-12k why would i cast it when it does only the amount of a renew?

...everyone in range for 9-12k and then another 9-12k when it returns. It's really your only option for fights with heavy stacking and moderate-high sustained AoE, and fairly efficient.

Halo can be good in both spread and stack situations depending on whether or not you're able to position yourself in a way that your raid will get the max benefit from it. The 40 sec CD is pretty limiting but it can do insane burst AoE healing so it has its uses.
Edited by Nixx on 10/3/2012 11:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
it's pretty boss for any time you stack up, especially if all your priests have it. i was healing consistently for like 6-7m with it on feng pulls, 6.4m on our kill AS SHADOW @_@
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
yes i have and i don't like it at all to be honest.

it's probably better for pve usage but in pvp people are almost always spread out and stacking is so limited. correct me if i'm wrong.

the base heals are below 10k not including spellpower my issue is more about how much it can heal or damage. people stacking for that spell to reach it's potential will hardly be happening in a pvp environment because people are always moving to dodge stuff.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
GNOME ROCKET INCOMING!! EVERYBODY DUCK!!!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
You don't need to stack up for any of the abilties, including Divine Star. It's a boomerang effect. It goes the 24 yards from your player then comes back, regardless of where you stand. So if you cast it and then move, say strafe, the spell is going to have an arching effect covering more ground.

Considering you seem to be speaking from a PVP point of view, you are almost always moving anyways. Renew isn't always the best option since unless they changed something since I used renew last, it can be dispelled. Divine Star is an Instant Cast, AoE, that can be manipulated by a smart player with no range requirement like halo and cascade.

Halo is extremely powerful if you are at the correct range from the targets. It sounds like you are using it stacked up on other people or mobs.

Cascade was alright when I used it. It wasn't super amazing, but it gets the job done when used properly. It just seems to have a lot more restrictions.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I've seen 120k+ heals from Halo at about ~25 yards from the casting priest, near the edge of where the spell stops expanding. It's insane! Does that thing have a target cap? Imagine using it in a 25-man where they're stacked and you're 20-30 yards away from them. You'd heal for 2.4 million in ONE CAST.
Edited by Dekkar on 10/4/2012 3:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/04/2012 03:01 PMPosted by Dekkar
I've seen 120k+ heals from Halo at about ~25 yards from the casting priest, near the edge of where the spell stops expanding. It's insane! Does that thing have a target cap? Imagine using it in a 25-man where they're stacked and you're 20-30 yards away from them. You'd heal for 2.4 million in ONE CAST.

Has diminishing returns past 6 targets from what I've heard. Great for burst healing still.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Cascade is the only choice for pvp, and its really not that good. Priests really got a raw deal with lvl 90 talents. That only good thing that will come out of it is halo for shades when the raid is in serious trouble, the heals are pretty big.
Reply Quote
5 Dwarf Priest
10/04/2012 05:55 PMPosted by Hexxin
Cascade is the only choice for pvp, and its really not that good. Priests really got a raw deal with lvl 90 talents. That only good thing that will come out of it is halo for shades when the raid is in serious trouble, the heals are pretty big.

Halo is great for shadow PvP, and why would you PvP on a healy priest?

On second thought, why would you raid on a healy priest?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]