healing addon or standard ui cuts it now?

90 Draenei Shaman
heya healers!

I have been away from wow since early cata and wondering what is the most popular way to heal (standard UI,addons) for 10 man raids mainly and I guess 5 man heroics

checking out the standard ui they made raid frames better but no mouse binding (I do not think) to the frames which makes it more cumbersome to heal (then say a mouse only)..

thanks in advance
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I have personally preferred Grid + Clique and mouseover macro's for years. I use tukui which is clean and minimal (tukui.org). Grid can take a little to setup, but there are lots of videos on youtube. Some people like VuhDo or Healbot (I don't have any experience with either though).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
thanks I have not herad of tukui I will check it out seems the regulars are still around healbot,vuhdo,grid,etc..

thanks again for your response
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I've used just the default since vanilla to heal. What we have now is amazing and I have no problems. It's all your style and what you like. I play with people at work and some of their stuff looks so confusing to me. It's more like reading a book than playing a game.

Decursing is easy as the debuffs are on the raid frames and have mouse overs for what they do.
I was able to blow the raid frames up to a bigger size and move them
My HoTs show up on the raid frames and I've gotten good at telling the remaining time from the graphic.
The HP bars on the raid pulls out show income heals which makes it easy to avoid over heal.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
10/03/2012 11:56 AMPosted by Evy
It's more like reading a book than playing a game.

To use your own analogy, those people would probably look at your UI as reading a book with half the letters missing, or reading a book with overly simplistic vocabulary.

There's a definite minimum level of information display and organization that needs to be present in an effective UI, and the stock UI didn't always meet that minimum for every class - in fact, some would argue that for certain classes it still doesn't. For healing, however, it largely comes down to personal preference now, though I would still recommend some amount of addon use if you plan on raiding, whether that be moving your relevant cooldowns and buffs closer together, or closer to the center of the screen, or changing the stock proc display to something a bit less obtrusive.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Blizzard cleaned up their own raid frames really well. I use them from time to time, especially if there are things that need to be debuffed, and I'm not sure if Grid has them flagged. You could stick with the Blizz raid frames and be fine now.

Clique/Vudho is a different story, though.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Personally I use Clique with default frames, but I also don't do any kind of Heroic Raid content, just 5-mans and normal raids (usually 10 mans).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
heya healers!

I have been away from wow since early cata and wondering what is the most popular way to heal (standard UI,addons) for 10 man raids mainly and I guess 5 man heroics

checking out the standard ui they made raid frames better but no mouse binding (I do not think) to the frames which makes it more cumbersome to heal (then say a mouse only)..

thanks in advance

Anything you decide to use is good. It's more like what you are comfortable with. Personally, I use the default frames with mouse-over macros. Try different things.
Edited by Delson on 10/3/2012 1:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote

There's a definite minimum level of information display and organization that needs to be present in an effective UI, and the stock UI didn't always meet that minimum for every class - in fact, some would argue that for certain classes it still doesn't.

What do the stock frames not show?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]