Stupid beyond belief

Fear after fear after fear after fear is not a battleground, its a chicken without a head who doesn't know its dead.

If you can be feared for 8 secs, then 4, then 2, thats 14 sec. And the DR reset is 16?

Lets rename the xpac Mist of Stupidity.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Whiffs of Pandairyair?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
but it was ok when it was stun after stun after stun till dead?
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 11:56 AMPosted by Grindage
Whiffs of Pandairyair?

I got caught by a warrior, a lock, and priest. They took turn on fears and it was a pathetic display of the stupidity of the developers.

The Simple fix is right in front of them. Damage breaks the CC. If its good enough for hex or polymorph, the fears should have the same standard.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/03/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Syrelan

its still stun stun stun btw its just warriors doing it now
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
10/03/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Eisenhorne

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Also, people didn't realize HOW MUCH cc was prevented by melee that could reliably kick/pummel/MF spells that were targeting people.. and ALL of that got nerf across the board by roughly 50%. That's huge and NOW they added MORE CC to all this. So less prevention of CC and more of it going out, check.

So over all, Blizzards intent was to INCREASE the amount of CC players can deal. Which in turn causes people to be angry because they are playing their characters much of the time while under the effects of CC which is NOT FUN at all for any player in any game. I feel CC should be REDUCED in PvP.

This is far more than a respectable amount of CC, we do need it, yes - However this is far to much "lock out of player control". If they want to keep this amount off CC in then the DR timers need to be adjusted.
Edited by Issarian on 10/3/2012 4:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I can HoJ and if I spec into it, repent. Where's MY chain fear? Where's MY stunlock?

Meanwhile I'm CC'd the entire duration of the flag carrier's life and it only breaks when he dies and they forget about me.

There's a whole expansion, though, folks, it's likely they'll be forced to admit they made some serious mistakes and correct them. Perhaps they'll introduce PvP-only mechanics (like no exorcism crits on forsaken players) without assuming we're all too stupid to understand them (like we were apparently too stupid to grasp CCing druid trees when they shoved that stupid wad of crap down our throats and took tree away).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's my opinion that wow will be the wow killer. A bad patch or expac will likely drop the player-base to an unrecoverable state. Is this the one that is going to do it?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The problem is mainly instant cast fears and Blizzard's inability to admit that ALL CCs need inherent immunities so that no CC can be used twice in succession on the same target. Fear someone? No one can fear them again for 15 seconds. /fixed. L2CC properly. No more chain fear. No more chain stun. Dear god, DAOC had that less than six months after launch. Blizzard hasn't even figured it out after 6 years.
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Syrelan

Reply Quote
10/03/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Soshii
The problem is mainly instant cast fears and Blizzard's inability to admit that ALL CCs need inherent immunities so that no CC can be used twice in succession on the same target. Fear someone? No one can fear them again for 15 seconds. /fixed. L2CC properly. No more chain fear. No more chain stun. Dear god, DAOC had that less than six months after launch. Blizzard hasn't even figured it out after 6 years.

And then melees rule the game. And you're a melee... gee I wonder why you want that?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

And then melees rule the game. And you're a melee... gee I wonder why you want that?

For all you know I could be a Horde Blood Elf Warlock. Your post is a meaningless cop out.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Fear after fear after fear after fear is not a battleground, its a chicken without a head who doesn't know its dead.

If you can be feared for 8 secs, then 4, then 2, thats 14 sec. And the DR reset is 16?

Lets rename the xpac Mist of Stupidity.

PvP is dumb as F U C K now. It's not even a close battle or exciting one bit. No control, just a big cluster. I get fear spammed and when I spam "Zerker Rage" or "Will of the Forsaken" to break fear, I have to spam the button 5 times before it breaks anything if at all, so much WORLD SIDE server lag it barely registers. Kinda like shockwave when moving forward, the range drops down to 6 inches and couldn't stun your own toes on your feet. Glad the new warrior epic PvP set is based on Heroic Leap also, that talent barely works when you set it up perfect as well, click , aim and nothing happens. Heroic Leap works MAYBE 2-3 out of five times. Get Fu cked Blizztard.
Edited by Satanix on 10/3/2012 8:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Priest
There are too many stuns, fears, and silences in this game -- and I'm a spriest!

However, there have been countless threads re. overpowered healing and overpowered cc might be part of Blizzard's 'solution'. Just sayin'.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
CC should DR faster in BGs imo, but that might make healing too good.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I usually grab the berserk buff, PoP wings and holy avenger and get in to the lines of the enemy to crush them and destroy everything in my way.

Then I got feared, cycloned, stunned blinded disarmed feared stunned charged freezed and then I die, wasted my amazing burst 80% of the time because all they do is spam cc until it is gone and then you die.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]