Monk needs a tone down!

11 Draenei Hunter
i am over the monk pet, it makes it hard to like pet pvp battles when most everyone has this pet and it hits WAY to hard. it took out all 3 of my pets and with little effort.

if pet battle are going to remain pay to win then there is zero point of going out and finding the rares.

Monk needs a tone down badly.
Edited by Mothfighter on 10/3/2012 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
It has one skill that hits slightly harder than normal, and that's on a three turn cooldown.

If you are struggling against the Monk, your team is not very versatile.
Reply Quote
11 Draenei Hunter
uhh no.......the 100% next attack hitting for 500dmg is op. but i am sure you own the monk and dont want to try to win. i lose to a monk when i use undead. thats bs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
One technique that I like using against the Monk is to have a pet that can burrow/fly. You generally can tell when that heavy hitter is going to come because the player will put the +100% damage boost on just before it. When you see that buff, burrow/fly on the next turn. Now that ability is on c/d for the next 3 turns.

You also can use that opportunity to switch to a pet that is strong against the Monk, or that the monk is weak against to mitigate the damage, or to a 'tanky' pet that can soak a lot of damage. Don't be afraid to rotate pets around - within reason, of course.
Edited by Rescind on 10/3/2012 12:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Priest
I AM feeling some of her pain, though. It makes finding rares seem pointless when battle store pets are at the very least equal to and more likely much, much better than the rare pets you've just spent forever farming.
Reply Quote
81 Troll Priest
you realize the monk doesn't even have the most powerful version of the +damage on next attack move right?

mechanical yeti has one that does 150% damage on next move

core hound's increases its damage by 100% for 2 turns
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
This is simply hurt feelings over getting spanked in the infancy of the system, and also that the monk is quite popular (many buy it) and comes from the store.

Given that PVP battles are blind composition guesses at best, the monk is actually slightly less adept in maintaining high DPS and survivability, coming in slightly under par with other pets (excluding those that can be bought online)

You want to see beautiful damage? get a beaver, chew gives me one turn when I can attack and do 300-400 damage, all without requiring me to buff using a secondary skill. also the attack I use in the meantime reduces your speed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I like the Pandaren Monk as it is. If all pets were equal then it would take forever to complete a pet battle. If you are upset then you either buy a monk or train another tank petpet.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
use an ooze, they're magic so they cant take more than half their health in damage and they use undead attacks that humanoids are weak against.

but yes the monk is very op
Reply Quote
11 Draenei Hunter
its funny how people who own the monk dont think its op. but when my level 13 undead fawn loses to a level 11 monk and my "strong damage" is 200 and the monk still hit 400-500. yeah thats OP.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
I'm sorry but the Monk is Bullplop. I have owned it many times, but I have been owned just as many.

WE NEED TOO SEE MORE DIVERSE PET TEAMS. EVERY F'ING BATTLE ITS THE SAME BLOODY PETS, AGAIN AND AGAIN.

GOD DAMN PEOPLE!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
10/03/2012 02:29 PMPosted by Mothfighter
its funny how people who own the monk dont think its op. but when my level 13 undead fawn loses to a level 11 monk and my "strong damage" is 200 and the monk still hit 400-500. yeah thats OP.

I love how people barely even start to level and think they understand how everything works. Level up and find counters. Does the monk hit hard, hell yeah. Is it counterable, hell yeah.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It's like starcraft.

You going to go 4 gate or are you going to use a team of Deathwing, Brilliant Kaliri and supporting heals?

The only answer is zealot rush into Carriers!

When people have satiated their levelling and achievements (I'm almost done) They will look at their pet journal, and either never open it again, or make interesting strategies. Any monkey (like me) can get a whole lot of high DPS speedsters with shields and barrel down most of the trainers, but PVP is going to be fun.

There's a lot of strategy to be had here.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

Ignorance at it's best. You know nothing, i'm sorry, but get a few pets to 25 and then come here and talk lol.
It's called "balance" at the later levels, but i guess the little children of the world don't understand that concept.
The Butthurt is strong here...
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

And oh btw, if i may add, not sure where your level "13" undead fawn is, but the fact that you only have 3 pets above level 1 is sad...so before you rush to the forum page and QQ, try and spend a few days actually playing the game.
Good day.
Reply Quote
11 Draenei Hunter
10/03/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Shootitup

And oh btw, if i may add, not sure where your level "13" undead fawn is, but the fact that you only have 3 pets above level 1 is sad...so before you rush to the forum page and QQ, try and spend a few days actually playing the game.
Good day.

not my main account.

my old account got hacked and made posts that made me get a forum ban. they have yet to fix it. look up vegga malfurion. thanks know it all.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Try using a pet which reflects attacks. If you see him using the ability to increase DPS by 100% use the reflect. If he is stupid, he will go for the High End attack. If he's not then he'll use the remaining ability he has. Also, you can use Rescind's idea of using a pet that can burrow / fly. there are some ways to negate attacks other than flying and burrowing too, including a moth's silk cocoon, a few mechanical pet's decoy, or you can just go ahead and use a stun / polymorph against them.
Reply Quote
11 Draenei Hunter
10/03/2012 09:05 PMPosted by Bráhms
Try using a pet which reflects attacks. If you see him using the ability to increase DPS by 100% use the reflect. If he is stupid, he will go for the High End attack. If he's not then he'll use the remaining ability he has. Also, you can use Rescind's idea of using a pet that can burrow / fly. there are some ways to negate attacks other than flying and burrowing too, including a moth's silk cocoon, a few mechanical pet's decoy, or you can just go ahead and use a stun / polymorph against them.

i carry a undead fawn and Grunty who has.

its the issue of me getting out DPS'd my fawn "strong attacks" hit for 250-300. yet the monk hits 400-500 with out the 100% boots.
Reply Quote
79 Blood Elf Warrior
My mini thor poops on him. I have 250 more health plus a revive SUP
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]