Martial Arts

90 Goblin Hunter
My Grandma once told me Tai Chi was deadly.

So she challenged me.

Hips break easy.

:(
Reply Quote
Community Manager

So she challenged me.

Hips break easy.

I hope your recovery is a speedy one. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I train in Gun kataWhy use hands and feet when I have a gun?

Grand Master Chun Sik Kim used to tell a story when people would talk about the best defense. He tells his students about how during the war he used to teach the U.S. Marines the fighting styles of Korea. This way they would know what to expect and how to deal with the military they were going to face. It made him famous but also won him some enemies.

When the war ended and the marines left, things were chaotic for a while. He became a target of the local thugs that wanted to hurt him to prove how tough they were. They came one night, after everyone had left, and the master was all alone sweeping out the school. There were 8 of them, they had knives and clubs.

He stops telling the story right there.

And Pauses

It is inevitable that one of the young students asks, “What did you do Master Kim”, thinking that they are going to learn some ultimate fighting technique, and they do.

“What did I do?”, he responds, “I slept in the dojang of course. Best defense, don’t be there. Always remember.”

The martial arts technique that is better than a gun. Don’t be there.

I always love that story. It is much better to hear the little Korean Grand Master tell it.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter

So she challenged me.

Hips break easy.

I hope your recovery is a speedy one. ;)

I see what you did there, I return to Pandaria with my head down

And a limp in my side, lol
Reply Quote
Wrestling , kick boxing and Judo. With a little military training thrown in.

TBH the best training I got was from working as a doorman for the last 10 years. You learn what works and what doesn't in a real fight. You learn when to walk away and when to stand your ground which is probably the hardest thing to learn.

You could be the best martial artist in the world but you still can't dodge a bullet.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Tae Kwon Do for about 10 years, was a very amazing time in my life, and shaped me into the man I am today. With that history the monk class does draw me a bit, but I am having too much fun on the Hunter to roll one :P Maybe this weekend!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Been training in MMA off and on since before we changed the name from NHB to MMA. Competed a few times back when I was in college, and I still hope to maybe fight on one of the Texas "minor league" cards at some point. Unfortunately, I find it tough to train seriously enough when I'm working forty hours and odd shifts.

Martial arts are crazy fun, I recommend them to everyone! Video games too of course. :)
Reply Quote
27 Tauren Paladin
i took tae kwon do as a 6th grader, stoped at 8th grade cuz i was bored, but at least i know the wrsit blockage(its when you use your wrist to block a blow to the head, i dont even know whats the name of it, can any1 tell me?)
Reply Quote
27 Tauren Paladin

So she challenged me.

Hips break easy.

you could be in BIG trouble if you did that, but it was an accident, she challenged you thats all, i hope she recovers
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Karate as a kid. =(

Tae'kwon'do as an adult. <3

To be fair, I have a feeling the reason Tae'kwon'do was so much more fun was because I didn't have to deal with undisciplined kids, and less because of any big difference in style.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/05/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Vule
i train UFC.

Bro, it's trane, you trane UFC. It's also Brocktober for those unaware.

trane is a brand that makes HVAC equipment, train is when you learn things.
Reply Quote
I have been in martial arts since I was 7, and I am now 43. I have black belts in Taekwondo and Mixed Martial Arts. I recieved my mixed martial arts black belt under the system created by Robert Bussey. Still active in the tournament cricuit for ATA.
Edited by Zhanshi on 10/5/2012 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight

trane is a brand that makes HVAC equipment, train is when you learn things.

Well quite obviously the joke was not meant for you. Why bother when it wasn't even directed at you?

Get a brain moran. (another dumb joke, please correct it though, or better yet post your MA experience instead)

If yours was meant as a joke then I'm the moran that didnt get it.
Edited by Vule on 10/5/2012 1:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
9 Years Tae Kwon Do, Hapkido and Judo. Missouri Gold Medalist in 1993 for Tae Kwon Do.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I'm a Kickboxer and MMA fighter. I only take kickboxing fights when I can't afford the $75 blood work required before each MMA fight. I guess it works out for the best since I absolutely HATE grapplers!

Oh and my characters are all named after professional fighters so yeah martial arts is my life.
Edited by Andrsonsilva on 10/5/2012 1:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
The only martial art I have serious training in is Shotokan Karate, though it's been years. I try to practice the forms from time to time.

I've dabbled in many others, though: Tai Chi Ch'uan, Judo, Aikido, Kendo, Iaido, a couple others I forget. Not enough to count as having any serious training, though--I really should stick to one and learn it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
A friend stuck me in the arm with a throwing star once. I lean towards guns now.
Guns>throwing stars.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
10/05/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Spiteful
i train UFC.

Haha it's not called UFC!!!!

It's called MMA and UFC is just a promotion that has sanctioned fights. It's the biggest promotion in the world though. PrideFC was still better.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
10/05/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Vule
i train UFC.

Hahahahaha just when I thought I couldn't laugh anymore I seen "Brocktober"!
Oh God it feels like it was just yesterday that all those UFC Unleashed BROCKTOBER!!!!! add were all over Spike. Lol I hate Brock cause he beat Mir.
Reply Quote
I studied karate when I was a teenager, but stopped after 3 years. Then, 11 years ago I started learning a slightly different style at a community college. Now, I'm one of the instructors there. Also, the other instructors are the ones who convinced me to play this game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]