My Druid Shapeshift Macro - Use It! Rate it!

(Locked)

90 Worgen Druid
/cast [mod:CTRL,combat,swimming] Aquatic Form; [mod:CTRL,combat] Travel Form; [combat][harm,nodead][nooutdoors,noswimming] Cat Form; [swimming] Aquatic Form; [flyable] Swift Flight Form; [outdoors] Travel Form

Basically this macro will attempt to put you in the fastest form possible in your given conditions or the feral combat form. If you are in combat, have a killable enemy targeted that isn't dead, or you are indoors and not swimming, then you will be put in cat form. Swimming gives aquatic form no matter where you are. If you can fly in the area then you will be put into swift flight form. If you are outdoors then you will be put in travel form. The macro will try and put the user in those forms in that order i.e. even if you can fly or you are swimming, combat will restrict you to cat form or swimming will keep you out of flight form and in aquatic form. Holding the Ctrl key before hitting this macro will put you in aquatic form or travel form if you are in combat and trying to run away.

If your main combat form is not cat form just put " Bear* Form; " between [harm,nodead] and [nooutdoors,noswimming] *replace with desired form. If you are resto just remove [combat][harm,nodead] and then in every set of brackets that doesn't use the Ctrl modifier add ",nocombat" i.e. [flyable,nocombat].

Also for added fun for those people that prefer human over worgen form or just want a human druid, add "/cast Two Forms" to the end of the macro and whenever you are out of combat and in a different form and hit the macro, you will become a human.

I'd recommend keybinding this to shift + space. very easy to reach and hit quickly. This will still work with the control modifier. Reminder targeting an attackable mob will make your combat form appear so accidentally clicking a mob and hitting this can easily be fixed by hitting escape and then the macro again to clear your target first. I am fairly certain that this is the only macro that covers every possible situation. I hope some druids read this and enjoy it.
90 Tauren Druid
Love it!

I added just one thing: "!" in front of "Cat Form" causes a power shift while in combat.
Figured better to powershift than drop out of cat.

/cast [mod:CTRL,combat,swimming] Aquatic Form; [mod:CTRL,combat] Travel Form; [combat][harm,nodead][nooutdoors,noswimming] !Cat Form; [swimming] Aquatic Form; [flyable] Swift Flight Form; [outdoors] Travel Form
90 Worgen Druid
Glad that you like it! I usually just use the "!" in my untrapping macros, but definitely can be useful here too!
64 Pandaren Monk
#showtooltip
/cast [stance:3,nomod] Prowl
/cast [stance:0/1/2/4,nomod] Moonkin Form
/cast [stance:1/2/4/5/6,nomod] Cat Form
/cast [stance:0/1/2/3/4/5/6,mod: shift] Bear Form
/cast [stance:0/1/2/3/4/5/6,mod: ctrl] Travel Form
/cast [mod:alt] Aquatic Form
90 Worgen Druid
Here is a simpler macro that I use in my opinion. It will shift to travel in combat, noncombat it will use swift flight form if flying is possible. If you're not in combat it and flying is not possible for instance in bgs it will use your mount. I have the chopper listed just change it to whatever you choose. It will powershift travel form when in combat so you can spam it. It as well powershifts aquatic form in water.

/cancelform
/use [nostance, outdoors, noflyable, nocombat] Mekgineer's Chopper
/cast [swimming] Aquatic Form; [nostance, flyable, nocombat] Swift Flight Form; [nostance, outdoors] Travel Form
90 Night Elf Priest
Too many conditions. Can be written like

/cancelform
/cast [swimming] Aquatic Form; [flyable] Swift Flight Form; [outdoors,combat] Travel Form; Mekgineer's Chopper
90 Worgen Druid
Um the macro you suggested will not work in combat at all. And even when not in combat it is not spammable for travel form while on the move in no fly areas compared to mine.
Edited by Toothfary on 10/28/2012 3:33 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Priest
I assumed you wanted travel form in combat. But it's simple to take out combat conditional though why you'd always prefer travel form to chopper outdoors is a little unclear. You have currently

/cast [nostance, outdoors] Travel Form

which is the same as

/cast [noflyable,nocombat] Mekgineer's Chopper; Travel Form

which means you're casting travel form really only while in combat.
Edited by Sedivy on 10/28/2012 7:13 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
thank you soooooooooooooooooooooo much.
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm too used to having 700 keybinds.

Macros are the devil!
90 Worgen Druid
I like all the suggestions but as the title describes, this is a macro to put you in the most appropriate DRUID FORM. Yes a chopper may be better at times but when you aren't looking to mount up to get through the middle of of a dungeon, a quick click knows to put you into travel form and as soon as you target a killable mob, a click will put you in your attack form. No macro before this (that I have seen after research) has covered this many conditions without a flaw. I'm not saying this can't be improved, but it would be hard to shorten while maintaining every possibility. Talk to me next time you go to an indoor area with water and seamlessly switch to aquatic form because reordering to make that happen took a while. Either way, keep commenting and trying to improve as I'd be happy to hear of a more efficient one click switch for my own druid.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
/cancelform
/cast [swimming] Aquatic Form; [nostance, flyable, nocombat] Swift Flight Form; [nostance, outdoors] Travel Form

Thank you Toothfary, this was EXACTLY what I was looking for.
Bonus points for Travel Form over ground mount while running!
#1 Druid Macro in my book. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit: Folks, please be mindful of the date on a thread and do not resurrect/bump it if it is fairly old. If you wish to provide feedback on a topic or participate in a discussion, please create your own or find one that is recent. This thread will now be locked.
Edited by Araxom on 5/22/2013 3:09 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]