Darkmoon Deck

100 Blood Elf Priest
So far i have 3 decks, and about to complete another one. 2 serps, 1 crane and a tiger. Im expecting the Serpent to be the most valuable. The question is When to sell? During the Darkmoon faire or After? I'd imagine they become the most valuable after the fair cause players dont want to wait another month. Then again how much more could i post for if the economy is too broke to purchase a card for 200k...? iono insight please
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
its going to be heavily realm dependant, typically i usually wait about 2 weeks after the fair but something to heavily consider especially if you have major raiding guilds on your server is that heroic raids start on tuesday. and those are the people likely to pay the most. You probably wont find many customers at 200k and more importantly you wont have much time before you get deeply undercut because very few are going to try to sell it for that much.

It costs me about 2k worth of herbs to get enough starlight ink without the trader being implemented so 16k per deck. WAY less once the trader is in and ink of dreams becomes useful. I think you probably wont sell many over around 40k
Reply Quote
With the daily limit on scrolls plus the lack of an ink trader, I think you'll find not many people have decks to turn in and the demand should be very high from hardcore raiders. I'd say charge about three times your material cost. The 30k-50k range should be reasonable now. Expect that price to drop a good bit by the November faire.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Had a dude sell a serpents deck for 250k
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
sell or post?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Sell
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
not exactly shocking but that is definitely an outlier. and anyone who would buy it before the fair for that much is.....lets go with wasteful to be nice.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I heard on the forums that it's impossible to complete a deck before the fair.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
10/03/2012 10:36 PMPosted by Keeblik

There are several decks on the AH on my realm but you can't turn the decks in for trinkets till the Faire...

On my realm Tigers is going for the high considering the card cost... I sold a tiger card this morning for 13k and another one yesterday for 10k. The other cards are in the 10k less range with serpents being the cheapest.

I have also been selling the ink leftover and it is only costing me around 500-800g to make each card.
Edited by Hoyce on 10/3/2012 10:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/03/2012 10:36 PMPosted by Keeblik

Not hardly. I have 2 finished decks, and another 3 decks are 1-2 cards shy.

I'm planning to list some trinkets right away, and then anything that doesnt sell with that initial boom (I'll judge based on price) I'll hold onto them and list them maybe a week after the faire leaves.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
IMO the best time to sell would prolly be ASAP. This is the first batch of Dmc cards, so they'll be highly valuable and sought after. I can't see the value rising much after the fair leaves, because of the fact it'll be another raid week passed?

How good is the crane deck for healers?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
All the decks, except Ox, are BiS for this tier.

In my experience, decks tend to sell a bit better after a Faire leaves (also less competiiton), but given that this is the first time out for these decks, you will probalby get a premium if you're one of the first to sell the trinkets.

I half expect demand to completely outstrip supply this time. At least that's what I'm hopin for.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Demands are always high, just depends if they're rich :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Altogether I'm hoping to sell for a total of 400k. I hope.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm expecting prices closer to 150k, but I'll charge as much as I can get away with, of course.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
10/03/2012 10:46 PMPosted by Wynn

Not hardly. I have 2 finished decks, and another 3 decks are 1-2 cards shy.

You know, you really suck all the fun out of snark when you take it seriously.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I could see dropping 40k, possibly as high as 60k for a tiger deck for my druid. Though this would be on Sunday. By Tuesday I would suspect the price to plummet if the ink trader goes live.
Edited by Jozie on 10/4/2012 7:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
whats ink tradeR?
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Mage
It should be interesting to see what happens. I've talked to scribes who intend to sell for 250-400K per deck, but in my experience people on my realm are unwilling to spend over 25K for anything; it's not like the daily rewards have gone up 10x or anything, so I'm not sure where all this extra money is going to come from. My scribe is in a holding pattern, keeping his Scrolls of Wisdom and waiting to see what happens.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
10/04/2012 08:19 AMPosted by Ngot
whats ink tradeR?

Near the inscription trainers in Dalaran, Org/SW, and theoretically in the Vale of Blossoms, there are ink traders who allow you to trade Blackfallow Ink from Cata level herbs for lower level herbs on a 1:1 basis. You can also trade 10 Blackfallow Ink for 1 rare Inferno Ink.

Supposedly, next Tuesday, the 9th, the ink traders will stop trading Blackfallow Ink and will only accept Ink of Dreams. At that point, you will be able to trade 10 Ink of Dreams for 1 Starlight (?) Ink.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]