when does bear tanking become easier ?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
RoC
because im leveling my druid and its really baaaad
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I am in love with my L90 Bear Tank in 5-man heroics currently. Most fun in a PvE enviornment than I've had in quite some time.

Then again, I love tanking in general and haven't tanked since H:ICC25.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
RoC
i've heard guardian doesnt have as many tools compared to a warrior or paladin but this is crazy
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I am in love with my L90 Bear Tank in 5-man heroics currently. Most fun in a PvE enviornment than I've had in quite some time.

Then again, I love tanking in general and haven't tanked since H:ICC25.

Agreed, I'm tanking at 86 and haven't had this much fun in a long while. I shelved my 77ish DK because he has become redundant.

My only gripe...and it's a big one but kind of holds true for all druids is that our glyphs absolutely suck. We get X, but give up Y. We get A + 50%, but the cooldown doubles.

Mages on the other hand just get 5 seconds off their cooldown or 200% damage boost, etc. All add, no subtract.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
10/03/2012 06:27 PMPosted by Vyndorathran
i've heard guardian doesnt have as many tools compared to a warrior or paladin but this is crazy

I don't know what you are smoking but my paladin has better gear than my guardian druid and is squishy as heck at the same level (86). I absolutely despise tanking on my paladin. Maybe you just need to level more.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
RoC
again , when does bear tanking become easier ?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/03/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Vyndorathran
again , when does bear tanking become easier ?

It doesn't. This isn't cata anymore, if you wanna faceroll your way through tanking, don't play a tank. If anything, going into raids/more challenging content is gonna make the need to micromanage SD uptime and prioritize SD vs FR, cooldown management, etc even more critical. For me, all that stuff is fun. Swipespam and lawlbubble bored the crap out of me. This new system has its problems, but I'm loving it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
What level are you? It's pretty easy right now, and bears have gotten tons of utility with this expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
If you're talking low level tanking... probably not until 38 when you get Lac. if you're having trouble past that... pebkac.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/03/2012 08:48 PMPosted by Sindaur
It doesn't. This isn't cata anymore, if you wanna faceroll your way through tanking, don't play a tank.

Because he was totally talking about endgame when referring to "leveling".
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Given that you're not sure of the tools guardians have (and we actually have a lot), and that you're finding tanking a bit difficult, I'm going to guess your guardian druid is low level. It becomes much much better at level 28 when you get thrash to go along with swipe. Before that it's not hard per-se you just need to use maul (rather than savage defense) alongside mangle, swap targets a lot, swipe when you get it at level 22, use faerie fire when you get it at level 24, and be friendly with you taunt button.

While everything in your gut will say "no, no, use savage defense, you're doing it wronnnngggg," at levels where a mage could tank a boss and survive with heals, SD isn't going to matter much, and that extra attack will significantly help out where you have multiple mobs. This tab-targeting hell will ease up a bit at level 22 once you get swipe, and once you have thrash (level 28) (which will be an additional aoe and will also give you more mangle procs than faerie fire alone), it'll become pretty simple, and you'll start to incorporate savage defense into the mix in place of maul.
Edited by Wistiria on 10/4/2012 7:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think having your eyes fixed on savage defenses button is the dumbest idea ever!
It used to be a passive ability and I haven't played my bear tank spec in a while and boy did I have issue when I went and tanked heroic Alys before MOP lol

It has to change. I don't want to sit and look at my bar button when it's up to activate it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/04/2012 10:34 AMPosted by Elvinna
It has to change. I don't want to sit and look at my bar button when it's up to activate it.

Then don't tank. That's the way it is and most other bears I've talked to enjoy it. I know I do.

It is also very easy to use Power Auras to create visuals about Savage Defense. ie, you have 60 rage and Savage Defense is useable... or you have Savage Defense currently up and it's counting down, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Well it's been many moons since I leveled this guy early levels but I'd assume... When u get thrash n swipe together... Have a nice day live it

Was doing 5 man moshoo palace lol or what ever its called.. N my group dies from standing in spinning knives... Bad idea...

But my bear pops all the utility we have and brings boss down on my own.. N yea he still had a bit of life I him... Boss I mean... Who needs a team when u have a bear lol.. Just saying love my flea bag

Druids FTMFW!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]