MORE Nerfs to DPS? Ugh...

90 Human Paladin
Seriously, Blizz? MORE Tank DPS nerfs?

Before the latest batch of nerfs, I felt as though my tank (in solo play) was very underpowered. I can handle doing a bit less DPS, but I felt like I was hitting like a wet noodle (barely breaking 10k per attack at times, unless I got the occasional crit that lined up just right).

I used to find Prot solo fun, Blood DK used to be fun.

Then 5.0.4 came out and it felt like it took forever to kill anything.

And now, MORE nerfs to DPS.

Okay, so maybe tanks do too much damage in groups. Instead of nerfing the base abilities (which also nerfs our damage output in solo), why not tune Vengeance back a little so that we do less DPS in groups, but yet still do OK damage in solo?

I haven't played my prot warrior after the latest nerfs, but before the nerfs... ugh.

And the bad thing of it is, I _just_ got a one-handed 414 weapon from Kun-Lai quests and now you nerfed her damage. I'd probably want to go to Arms (was considering it for awhile) but now I have no 2-handed weapon and the crafted one takes Spirits or I have to plunk 3k+ down on the AH...

......ugh.

Tank solo DPS was fine. You didn't have to nerf it too. All you had to do is tweak Vengeance a little.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
I don't think you have any idea why they nerfed SoT.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/03/2012 06:55 PMPosted by Rijdot
I don't think you have any idea why they nerfed SoT.

I was more talking about the nerfs to prot warriors. Prot warrior solo damage seemed a bit low, seemed like it took forever to kill anything as it was. Now it is Worse?

I suppose I should have added that in my OP, but seriously, a 80% nerf to the overall damage Seal of Truth does sounds kinda nasty as well.

I don't recall Seal of Truth doing "omg" damage solo, either unless there was some broken mechanic that was being exploited that I didn't know about.
Edited by Hirai on 10/3/2012 7:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
10/03/2012 06:59 PMPosted by Hirai
I suppose I should have added that in my OP, but seriously, a 90% nerf to the overall damage Seal of Truth does sounds kinda nasty as well.
I'm not entirely sure why you saw the need to post a new thread and not just reply to the stickied one.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
The most problematic part of the changes is that Blizzard apparently thinks that Seal of Insight is the tanking seal, despite the fact that no one was actually using it.

I wonder... did they think it was the tanking seal in Cataclysm, too? Because if so, then lol.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The most problematic part of the changes is that Blizzard apparently thinks that Seal of Insight is the tanking seal, despite the fact that no one was actually using it.

I wonder... did they think it was the tanking seal in Cataclysm, too? Because if so, then lol.

^^
Another good point.

Seal of Insight? lol.

I used that as Ret Paladin during the beginning of Cataclysm after the WoG nerf before they gave Rets 10 second WoG with talents, because I needed the healing because of the ridiculous amount of damage a 320-330 geared Ret Paladin was taking at the time.

But tanking? Eh, no. Seal of Insight was pretty fail for tanking. The heal was too paltry to even consider using it (oooh, look at me, I heal 1,500 per attack, yet take 20k+ damage every time a mob looks at me). I dunno what SoI does now, I haven't touched Prot (and probably won't after these ridiculous nerfs to solo damage, and after the fact they buffed Ret's Self-Healing which was 90% of the reason I did Prot solo in Cata) yet.

I've heard of people complaining about threat issues as it is, what the heck is a 80% nerf to SoT going to do? And they expect us to use insight? lol.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
I just ran a dungeon in which Seal of Insight provided 2x as much healing as Sacred Shield. I did notice quite strongly when it procced multiple times from a HotR, but I can't say it contributed heavily to my survivability.

10/03/2012 07:22 PMPosted by Hirai
I've heard of people complaining about threat issues as it is, what the heck is a 80% nerf to SoT going to do? And they expect us to use insight? lol.

Uuuuugggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm gonna lose it on this one, I swear. I'm gonna blow my freakin' top.

Did you miss the part about a massive buff to Holy Wrath and Avenger's Shield? You did miss that, didn't you?

I'm going to say it calmly; anyone who was/is having threat issues of any kind was/is doing so because they are doing it wrong. Period.
Edited by Rijdot on 10/3/2012 7:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I just ran a dungeon in which Seal of Insight provided 2x as much healing as Sacred Shield. I did notice quite strongly when it procced multiple times from a HotR, but I can't say it contributed heavily to my survivability.

Uuuuugggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm gonna lose it on this one, I swear. I'm gonna blow my freakin' top.

Did you miss the part about a massive buff to Holy Wrath and Avenger's Shield? You did miss that, didn't you?

I'm going to say it calmly; anyone who was/is having threat issues of any kind was/is doing so because they are doing it wrong. Period.

Massive Buffs to Holy Wrath isn't going to help my Single-Target Threat very much, TBH. You could triple Holy Wrath's damage and it wouldn't help Single-Target Threat very much.

Avenger's? Okay, maybe. But would it actually make up for losing that much SoT? I dunno.

Yes, buffing HW and AS for packs, oh of course. But Single-target? Eh....
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

Considering they buffed it to increase healing done, and it scales with Vengeance I honestly can't see why people are so outraged it might be considered for max survivability.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
10/03/2012 07:43 PMPosted by Hirai
Massive Buffs to Holy Wrath isn't going to help my Single-Target Threat very much, TBH. You could triple Holy Wrath's damage and it wouldn't help Single-Target Threat very much.

It would, since you should be using it anyway. It's intended to be used in a single-target rotation.

Avenger's? Okay, maybe. But would it actually make up for losing that much SoT? I dunno.

Yes, buffing HW and AS for packs, oh of course. But Single-target? Eh....

After nerf I autoattack with SoT up with my fresh 90 still packing a Souldrinker and several quest greens and deal 3k DPS with no vengeance. 500% threat puts that at 15k TPS. Melee requires 110% TPS to pull off me, or 16.5k DPS. Ranged requires 130% TPS to pull off me, or ~20k DPS.

I can autoattack and hold threat off of 20k DPS with zero vengeance. It's skirting the line and it's technical, but it's true.

If you are having problems with single target threat, there is only one person to blame. The change to SoT was twofold; decrease our single-target output in high vengeance environments, and to encourage us to use SoI. The latter of which is still pretty lulzy.

edit: clarity
Edited by Rijdot on 10/3/2012 7:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Seal of Insight? lol.
I dunno what SoI does now, I haven't touched Prot

I remember when back in the day, people tried to actually know what something did before reaching a judgment.

Seal of Insight scaling is much better than it was in Cataclysm. What made SoI less attractive before this hotfix was that because Censure scaled SO well, SoT actually gave 15-17k dps just by itself.

Now, I think this stuff about SoI being something they wanted as blah blah is a load of crock, nut at least have the brains to get a clue before you whine.

You seriously don't understand abilities, do you?

Here's a hint. If you tripled Holy Wrath's damage, you would be using it a lot more often than you currently are (and you should be using it often enough now as it is) because it would be even higher on the priority queue.
Edited by Slashlove on 10/3/2012 8:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
10/03/2012 07:43 PMPosted by Hirai

HW is a meteor attack. It does the same amount of damage no matter the number of targets.

If it does 10k damage (using simple numbers for an easy comparison) to 1 target it will do 5k to 2 targets and 1k to 10 targets.

So if our hardest hitting ability (lets say CS) does 15k and you doubled HW damage what would hit harder single target? HW or CS?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
After nerf I autoattack with SoT up with my fresh 90 still packing a Souldrinker and several quest greens and deal 3k DPS with no vengeance. 500% threat puts that at 15k TPS. Melee requires 110% TPS to pull off me, or 16.5k DPS. Ranged requires 130% TPS to pull off me, or ~20k DPS.

Autoattacks with 264 Bryntroll are netting me 2k dps, GET AT ME RIJDA!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've been enjoying SoI for massive trash packs. Every target hit with HotR heals, and as vengeance stacks up, so does the SoI heal. It's pulled me from 20% to 100% quite a few times. Single target it's not so awesome, but still... when heals are stressed for mana this early in raiding, it's been interesting to play with it and Battle Healer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm hoping they don't nerf Battle Healer before Tuesday. I didn't think to use it on Stone Guards this week and I'm looking forward to spanking the healers in HPS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]