I got perma benched as a priest :<

80 Tauren Death Knight
Feel my pain fellow priests, I got perma benched as a healer in favour of a monk, After watching a Rsham spike to 190k/second in 10 man feng, and at my peak i could barely get to 70, Me and the GM had a long winded chat, Me being a healer for the team for 5 years, I got benched permenantly because

"Priests cannot offer what other classes can, So i am unfortunatly having to give your raiding spot to another class simply because other healers offer better throughput and raid utility at this moment."
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
I'm sorry to hear that.

Please take note, Blizzard.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
<3, I wasn't the only one that got it, we have 3 10man teams, the other 2 holy priests got the short end and removed aswell.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
leave guild find a better one benched after 5 years of dedicated raiding is abit low despite monks being op atm tho we will likely see the nerfbat there
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
monks are disgustingly good for feng because of all their gross aoe spin kick healing and stuff, but priests do great on all the other fights. our healing core in 25s is disc, holy paladin, monk, druid, rshamx2. it may be rougher in 10 mans but any normal mode should purely be based on execution and not what class you bring.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I've been debating getting my 82 priest up to 90 so I can practice Shadow on her. I'm just worried about it.

the Druid in our group is better geared, and I could keep up with him as Holy. Over the long haul he'd pull steadily ahead.

Our third healer was Disc, and well, I had to explain to him how to play better... that netted him a 10K HPS boost, but yeah... his gear was really lacking.

Good luck. I think you just need to solidify that he'd be willing to give it back to you at a later date should things change. Perma ban kinda implies that you need to find another guild and they're just gonna keep you on for nothing but guild perks.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
monks are disgustingly good for feng because of all their gross aoe spin kick healing and stuff, but priests do great on all the other fights. our healing core in 25s is disc, holy paladin, monk, druid, rshamx2. it may be rougher in 10 mans but any normal mode should purely be based on execution and not what class you bring.

oh ya.. performance ? feel free to point were the priests are on the raiding logs :
http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Mogu%27shan_Vaults/hps/

i think that if u are the trolling mood, u should go to the monk foruns.
Edited by Rockos on 10/4/2012 6:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
calm down. priests may not be topping the meters on every fight but there is honestly no reason to bench a class in normal mode... guilds will still do it because they think it's going to keep them from having to worry about execution mistakes as much but a different class will really not break or make normals. it just wont.

also, keep in mind that world of logs has been incomplete and broken at best since the expansion opened. for a while it wasn't even recording 25 man rankings.
Edited by Tsilyi on 10/4/2012 6:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
calm down. priests may not be topping the meters on every fight but there is honestly no reason to bench a class in normal mode... guilds will still do it because they think it's going to keep them from having to worry about execution mistakes as much but a different class will really not break or make normals. it just wont.

also, keep in mind that world of logs has been incomplete and broken at best since the expansion opened. for a while it wasn't even recording 25 man rankings.

we aren't even competing with other classes, Priests are competing against themselves, The rest of the pack is more or less carrying us, After doing feng...

2 PRiests (1 holy, 1 disc, Me being the disc) and 1 Rsham we both wanted to claw our own eyes out after being royally humped by the shaman, On both stoneguardians and feng.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest

oh ya ? ever tried to heal Sha of Anger with a shaman or a druid ?

We are not raid viable.. WoL is not perfect, but it cannot be that wrong... stop being a troll
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Holy, even though being better throughput, is not great. Disc is downright horrible at the moment.

But, Disc has Barrier, and there will still be some raids who are willing to take a Disc priest along just for that one CD and absorbs....and even that is pitiful because our absorbs are really really bad and expensive and not enough at the moment.

There used to be a time where a disc priest was top or in the upper half of the charts in most fights, but nowadays even with absorbs they are bottoming out with monks and shamans miles above. =| While charts aren't everything, it is really rather deflating when some other class is LOLing 2 buttons and curbstomping everyone while you as a disc priest is desperately trying to manage to NOT be miles-below bottom while managing how many spells?

The effort to play a competent disc isn't proportionate to the output return.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/04/2012 06:27 AMPosted by Rockos
We are not raid viable.. WoL is not perfect, but it cannot be that wrong... stop being a troll

not being a troll, we're 4/6 and while our priest isn't dominating meters, he is definitely competing. feng is just overwhelmingly favored towards monks and shaman. why is everyone who offers a differing opinion, a honest take and an actual experience a troll?

edit:
10/04/2012 06:27 AMPosted by Rockos
Sha of Anger

are you serious? does that even count for anything? no.
Edited by Tsilyi on 10/4/2012 6:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
10/04/2012 06:55 AMPosted by Tsilyi
are you serious? does that even count for anything? no.

? really.. it counts and a lot and let me tell u why. We have one spell that can hit the entire raid ( ex: Cascade), druids and shaman have a lot more healing raid option.

Our main aoe spell is restricted to 5 players and Cascade, Hallo have zero synergy with SS, with should be discipline strong suit.

The priest that raids with u should had a honest chance to do at least as much as the other classes.. and when i say viability, im not talking only about sucess rate of a raid encounter, im talking also about having an average HPS compared to the other classes.

ITs not the most fun feeling having to completed the raid ok, but knowing that ur HPS is a joke compare to the other healers
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
guilds that perma bench a class imo are narrow minded. holy has always been useful in a raid given situation and like all things new will certainly get their moment of recognition. time to switch guild. blizzard noted in the past that they want all other healers to balance around priest so they are either gonna tone it down to us or give us that buff to be competitive in terms of heals. void shift guardian spirit and life grip are instant life savers (mist weavers do not have life saving abilities to bring to a raid) and guilds that undermind this is foolish imo. priest will not be a broken class i guarantee you and it was like this for us during the start of cata where disc was trained and killed with ease in pvp cause our bubble only absorbing 10kish in wotlk so i wouldn't be so concern now. our class is the balancing factor that blizzard wants to use to round out other healers. ***read past blue prints***
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Feel my pain fellow priests, I got perma benched as a healer in favour of a monk, After watching a Rsham spike to 190k/second in 10 man feng, and at my peak i could barely get to 70, Me and the GM had a long winded chat, Me being a healer for the team for 5 years, I got benched permenantly because

"Priests cannot offer what other classes can, So i am unfortunatly having to give your raiding spot to another class simply because other healers offer better throughput and raid utility at this moment."

A guild that benches a veteran raider over something like this for normals is a guild that makes bad choices. Find somewhere where you will be better valued.
Edited by Everlu on 10/4/2012 8:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
73 Draenei Priest
Honestly, I'd prefer a guild of online buddies who are willing to work hard at making the resources they have work. I'd prefer a 5 year veteran with an underperforming class, and trying to make the raid work anyway - rather than hiring on some douchebag with a Resto Shaman who tops the charts every raid and acts like a troll to half the guild.

What ever happened to the sense of accomplishment that comes from succeeding with the hand you are dealt - even if it's suboptimal?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I agree that benching a dedicated healer like that is awful. You definitely should find another guild that will not treat you so disrespectfully.

guilds that perma bench a class imo are narrow minded. holy has always been useful in a raid given situation and like all things new will certainly get their moment of recognition. time to switch guild. blizzard noted in the past that they want all other healers to balance around priest so they are either gonna tone it down to us or give us that buff to be competitive in terms of heals. void shift guardian spirit and life grip are instant life savers (mist weavers do not have life saving abilities to bring to a raid) and guilds that undermind this is foolish imo. priest will not be a broken class i guarantee you and it was like this for us during the start of cata where disc was trained and killed with ease in pvp cause our bubble only absorbing 10kish in wotlk so i wouldn't be so concern now. our class is the balancing factor that blizzard wants to use to round out other healers. ***read past blue prints***

^^ This makes me hopeful. This is my first experience with a new expansion and I find myself shocked at how priests have been treated. But from what I read this has been the case for many expansions. So I am determined at this point to ride it out and work to make sure I do everything I can to maximize whatever I've got.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/04/2012 06:15 AMPosted by Tsilyi
a different class will really not break or make normals. it just wont.

Also, your guild is bad as is its GM.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
I can sort of understand the point of removing all priests from our raid teams, (I wasn't the only one replaced) When they will be doing H modes next week + additional raids, Don't want anything holding you down..

Still depressing though, I need many a hug

*Sad panda priest eyes*
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Considering that they will progress to HM its better to bench right now and work in the new class rather than hit HM and deal with progression lag due to said class.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]