Which non monk tank excels most?

90 Tauren Paladin
Having a hard time deciding which tank class to go. I love all equally. What may determine my decision wi be a tank class which would be good in pvp as OS. My decision is Open to the public.

Dk
Druid
Pally
Warrior

Which to tank and pvp?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
non-monk?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Yes my monk is lvl 1 lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Level your monk and roll your way across battlefields.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Roll? Pfft. Chi torpedo all the way. You too can be M. Bison.

Really though, chi torpedo can do a surprising amount of healing with vengeance, I plan to use it on some fights when the raid is stacked and taking damage and I'm not tanking something. (epicenter on Feng, for example)

I can't speak for PvP though, my only PvP experience this expansion has been Sha of Anger, which was more an exercise in lag as about 100 players duked it out along with a raid boss that spawns a million adds.
Edited by Asthas on 10/4/2012 11:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You act like monk tanks are OP like DKs were...

LMAO
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
DK for pve all the way, SOOOO OP.

I don't pvp much on this toon though because getting in somewhere as the FC is hard these days, and I'm never liked melee in pvp. I would imagine that any of them would be great but if I were to pick one based on pvp alone it'd probably be Warrior or Druid for their mobility or utility. Paladins seem kinda short all-around right now but maybe I just don't know. (Haven't pvp'd since MOP dropped yet).

DK or Warrior IMO. Would you like more buttons to hit your opponent with or more buttons to survive with?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
DKs are awkwardly tuned right now, since they can easily sacrifice survivability for damage, and conversely flip it around and have insane survivability through self-healing. They are incredibly versatile right now, and excel in both PvE and PvP. I am slightly biased though, because I do prefer the more aggressive decision making of Blood DKs to the other tank specs.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
It baffles me that monks can't Kamehameha.

Or Super Saiyan.

I was sure those references would be in there somewhere.
Edited by Rijdot on 10/5/2012 10:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I have a warrior I rolled up back in vanilla, several race changes later and he's an 85 worgen instead of undead.

I also have this DK, and a paladin, etc, at 85.

Right now I' am leaning towards the DK for my tank character. I enjoy the spells, the armor, the AoE tanking capabilities, and the overall feeling of the character while questing/grinding; I tanked on him in Cata a little (before I quit) and enjoyed it. The warrior is okay as well, and seems to be really blowing people up in PVP, but I'm not sure on my choice. The warrior is sentimental to me, I played him (like I said) since Vanilla as a MT and PVPed to rank 11 or 12 back in the day, and I've always come back to him for at least part of each expansion.

I have a warlock for my pure DPS character, I'm going to level him AND a tank to 90 and see what I enjoy more in MOP. But I also cannot decide on my tank class, and I want to have a good PVP offspec.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It baffles me that monks can't Kamehameha.

Spinning Fire Blossom?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/05/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Cezar
Well that settles it, im lvln a warrior now, thanks for the inspiration.

I have both. Honestly, I prefer paladin for tanking. Warrior for dps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]