Two WoW accounts, can't log into one

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Druid
I recently bought WoW a second time (through RaF, on the same bnet account) and I'm unable to log into the second account. I get no prompt asking which account I want to use, which is what is supposed to happen from what I can gather. How do I fix this? My RaF bonuses are burning away ):
Edited by Jelleh on 10/4/2012 11:29 AM PDT
33 Blood Elf Paladin
Do you have game time on the second account? If you don't, it won't be in the drop down.

Is it on the same email address? If not, you need to open two clients and each will have to use the different email/password combos.
Edited by Holyångel on 10/4/2012 11:34 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
Same email address, yes. It does have game time.
11 Goblin Shaman
Is your new account showing up on your account summary here on battle.net?
90 Night Elf Druid
It is, yes. I have WoW1 and WoW2, both MoP.
55 Pandaren Monk
Two things you can try, the first is surgical. Open your config.wtf file in your WTF folder and add/edit the lines as so -

SET accountName "yourbattlenetemail@here"
SET accountList "!WoW1|WoW2|"

The non-surgical method would be to just delete your config.wtf file. This may reset some settings.

Be sure to do this with the game client completely shut down.

Then start up the game and see if you can now select an account to log into.
Edited by Musashi on 10/4/2012 12:03 PM PDT
Blizzard Employee
It's possible that your account did not correctly update on the system, Jelleh. Restart the game client and check once again.
90 Night Elf Druid
It's working now, after I restarted my client (which is odd because I restarted it 20 or so times earlier). Thanks for all of your help!
88 Tauren Druid
ive done all this and even restarted my laptop. i have 3 accounts atm. i only use 1 normallya nd just RAF another which was wow 3 even paid battle chest for it and its not showing up on my login screen but it does on my battle net page.
88 Tauren Druid
my first account isent active and it still shows up on my dropscreen.
61 Worgen Priest
Skinshifter -
Please stop posting on old threads about this topic. To get help it is much more productive to make a new thread with your issue.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]