Give Rogues Tiger Palm Equiv

90 Gnome Rogue
So, I was recently leveling up a monk because my guild is not yet raiding, my dailies were done, no pug raids accept rogues, and i was bored of leveling my Pokemon. I was leveling as a Brewmaster because well they are overpowered with their 70% Parry + dodge, obsurd dps, and damage absorbs. I noticed a move which they have called "Tiger Palm." The move itself pissed me off so much i felt i needed to cry on the forums. It is simply a move which requres no engery or Chi, has no cool down, does significant melee damage, and adds a 30% armor reduction to you character for easy target switching. This move would literally solve every problem rogues are complaining about on the forums (Outside of !@#$ talents). A move like this could be used in a rogues down time while waiting for mutilate to be back up. Blizzard says if its not broke dont fix it, but I'm using raid like awareness, multidoting, flasks, and food. And I simply cannot compete with an Ele shamans Chain lightning spam.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
So, I was recently leveling up a monk because my guild is not yet raiding, my dailies were done, no pug raids accept rogues, and i was bored of leveling my Pokemon. I was leveling as a Brewmaster because well they are overpowered with their 70% Parry + dodge, obsurd dps, and damage absorbs.

I noticed a move which they have called "Tiger Palm." The move itself pissed me off so much i felt i needed to cry on the forums. It is simply a move which requres no engery or Chi, has no cool down, does significant melee damage, and adds a 30% armor reduction to you character for easy target switching.

This move would literally solve every problem rogues are complaining about on the forums (Outside of !@#$ talents). A move like this could be used in a rogues down time while waiting for mutilate to be back up. Blizzard says if its not broke dont fix it, but I'm using raid like awareness, multidoting, flasks, and food. And I simply cannot compete with an Ele shamans Chain lightning spam.

Now I can actually read what you wrote.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
[quote]Now I can actually read what you wrote.

I'm sorry if your English teacher failed you.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
10/04/2012 01:12 PMPosted by Kitatak
I'm sorry if your English teacher failed you.

I was trying to help you receive responses, which would not happen with a brick of text. I'm sorry that, not if, all of your teachers failed you. Personally, I had more than one. Also, English is not the only language that uses paragraphs. If you receive any responses, you're welcome.

For the record, I think our problems are beyond being fixed by the addition of a single damage ability.
Edited by Fritnig on 10/4/2012 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue

I was trying to help you receive responses, which would not happen with a brick of text. I'm sorry that, not if, all of your teachers failed you. Personally, I had more than one. Also, English is not the only language that uses paragraphs. If you receive any responses, you're welcome.

Thanks, but I had no intention of being responded to. You see Blizzard does not post on the rogue forum, ever. Thus, it is pointless to assume any reply of importance would be recieved. Thus, like my "Block of Text" points out, I meant only to cry on the forums in hope that a blizzard employee would read the title.

The idea in itself is very good; however, blizzard wants to starve rogues. So many rerolled to rogues in cata that to create balance amounst the classes requires rogues to suck for at least a full patch, and like blizzard has pointed out, they have no intention of fixing them due to rogues "scaling with gear." I can still hope though because my hope lies in the "if its not broke don't fix it" because clearly we are broken.
Edited by Kitatak on 10/4/2012 1:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
Thanks, but I had no intention of being responded to...Thus, it is pointless to assume any reply of importance would be recieved...I meant only to cry on the forums...

"Don't mind me. Just a moron that wanted to cry."

Thanks for the heads up, 'cause I had thought about reading the OP. Now, I know not to waste my time.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I'd rather have Touch of Death.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
10/04/2012 01:40 PMPosted by Sheevah
Thanks, but I had no intention of being responded to...Thus, it is pointless to assume any reply of importance would be recieved...I meant only to cry on the forums...

Thanks for the heads up, 'cause I had thought about reading the OP. Now, I know not to waste my time.
Reply Quote
35 Draenei Priest
10/04/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Kitatak
You see Blizzard does not post on the rogue forum

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4062848040?page=1#2

Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
10/04/2012 01:40 PMPosted by Sheevah

It's astonishing to me that your whole purpose on the forums even though you quit the game is to go around and blindly defend blizz's changes to rogues.
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
10/04/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Swineflew
It's astonishing to me that your whole purpose on the forums even though you quit the game is to go around and blindly defend blizz's changes to rogues.

You obviously have no idea where I stand on the current issues.

As an example of something I said this morning:

10/04/2012 06:17 AMPosted by Sheevah
Rogues are a bit squishy, damage is lacking a bit, CD's are too long, and mobility leaves something to be desired.

There's a difference in defending blizz and opposing the useless whining that plagues this forum.
Edited by Sheevah on 10/4/2012 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
10/04/2012 02:58 PMPosted by Sheevah

You obviously have no idea where I stand on the current issues.

As an example of something I said this morning:

Rogues are a bit squishy, damage is lacking a bit, CD's are too long, and mobility leaves something to be desired.

There's a difference in defending blizz and opposing the useless whining that plagues this forum.

It is hard to keep track, I see you post a lot and it's mostly condescending posts bashing people who are unhappy with rogues.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
10/04/2012 03:02 PMPosted by Swineflew
It is hard to keep track, I see you post a lot and it's mostly condescending posts bashing people who are unhappy with rogues.

You're missing the key point. Sheevah is not anti-criticism of the Rogue class. Sheevah is anti-pointless-QQ-which-is-flooding-and-plaguing-our-home.
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
10/04/2012 03:02 PMPosted by Swineflew

It's true, that does happen a lot.

I have no quarrels with people that want to voice their concerns in regards to rogues in a constructive fashion.

I do have problems with people that want to gripe and moan without any real direction, spew the same loads of crap around in half a dozen threads, make new threads to say the same things that have already been said, etc.

We literally have dozens of threads that have popped up over the last month that offer nothing more than saying "Q.Q ROGUES R BROKE FIX IT NAO BLIZZ" in many different ways. Threads like that don't help our class. They make it harder for Blizzard to discern where the player base is having problems and what areas should be focused on fixing. Blizz would have to be intentionally obtuse to not think rogues are struggling at the moment, and so there's no need for people to make thread after thread saying "rogues are struggling" without offering substance to go with it.

I'm of the stance that we do have problems, and I would love them to fix this class, regardless of whether or not I'm still playing when it happens. I've enjoyed WoW a great deal, and I want others to enjoy it, too. I also think we should voice our displeasure in a constructive fashion. However, when some people show their displeasure in a fashion that can prolong and/or create problems for other players/posters, I have a problem with that, which is why you see me openly bashing people in many threads. It's not that I disagree with them on the idea that our class is hurting, it's that the way they're going about voicing their opinions (which they have a right to do, I'm not arguing that) is hurting themselves and other players.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
10/04/2012 03:05 PMPosted by Fritnig

You're missing the key point. Sheevah is not anti-criticism of the Rogue class. Sheevah is anti-pointless-QQ-which-is-flooding-and-plaguing-our-home.

Any my point is that these forums aren't your home. I don't care if you guys post every time the cooldown will let you 24/7.

Everyone who pays their money has a right to voice their opinion, from the lowest ranked pvp rogue in the world, to a lvl 12 rogue who hasn't learned their class. It isn't anyone's job here to judge their posts, and frankly it's just as counterproductive to spam their spam with more spam.

I get it, you seem awesome and cool and highly intelligent picking on people who aren't having fun playing rogue. The "regulars" all ganging up on the unhappy rogues, happens all the time on forums across the internet.

I'm just wondering how your nonconstructive posts about nonconstructive posts is supposed to help the situation at all?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Tiger Palm is only free for brewmaster and it's so low on the prio list it isn't even worth keeping on your bars.

If you have that much free time as a brewmaster, you should be doing something else, like thinking up a life goal, cleaning your gutters, or building a car that runs on shattered dreams and broken faith in your self.
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
10/04/2012 03:34 PMPosted by Swineflew
I'm just wondering how your nonconstructive posts about nonconstructive posts is supposed to help the situation at all?

10/04/2012 03:34 PMPosted by Swineflew
Everyone who pays their money has a right to voice their opinion, from the lowest ranked pvp rogue in the world, to a lvl 12 rogue who hasn't learned their class. It isn't anyone's job here to judge their posts, and frankly it's just as counterproductive to spam their spam with more spam.

Just as they have a right to voice their opinion, I have a right to voice my opinion. If they quit crying without any true direction, I'll stop pointing out that they're doing it.

Also worth noting is that although everyone is entitled to an opinion, it does not mean their opinion is of any value.

As far as being "counter productive" to post such things, I'm afraid you'd be wrong. If a thread is full of nonconstructive crap to start with, adding more nonconstructive crap to the mix isn't affecting the product (although an argument could be made my stance is far more constructive than theirs, we won't go there).

Now, if I were to go into a well-thought out post that had potential to help our class and start spamming nonsense, sure, that would be a problem. As it stands, I'm essentially peeing on a fire. No, it's not likely it will put it out, but dang it's nice to get some relief.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]