Warbanner Macro for Arenas

90 Tauren Warrior
Here's a nifty all-in-one warbanner macro I made last night for you all, the warrior community.

#showtooltip Safeguard
/target [nomodifier] Mocking Banner
/target [nomodifier] Demoralizing Banner
/cast [nomodifier] Safeguard
/cast [modifier:shift, target="player name here"] Safeguard

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.
Edited by Zots on 10/4/2012 7:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Tip, if you post a macro it is most useful if you take the following approach:
    1. Goal of the macro, fundamentally what you are trying to accomplish
    2. Code snippet of the macro itself (which you did)
    3. Real-world example of how the macro would be used in a PvP and/or PvE scenario

People that already know how to use macros likely aren't looking at forum threads related to macros and people that don't know how to use macros probably need more detail on what it is for and how to go about using it on a daily basis.

With that being said, thanks for the macro suggestion, its nice to see people posting helpful info like this. I'll give it a couple weeks and if no one else does then may get bored enough to make a MoP Warrior PvP Guide similar to what I did for Cata :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It targets whichever banner you currently have active. If you don't hold down anything, it Intervenes the banner. If you hold down shift, it Intervenes a pre-set player instead.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Just made this one, it cancels bladestorm if you have it, targets the available banner and intervens. If you hit shift it will intervene party 1. Useful for 2's and 3's. For other party members make separate macros and replace party1 with party2 and party3 etc etc. This might suit other people idk intrested in arenas

#showtooltip Safeguard
/cancelaura Bladestorm
/target [nomodifier] Mocking Banner
/target [nomodifier] Demoralizing Banner
/cast [nomodifier] Safeguard
/cast [mod=shift] Safe Guard

Safeguard is one word. Also, you can make it one macro with multiple modifiers, like so

#showtooltip Safeguard
/cancelaura Bladestorm
/target [nomod] Mocking Banner
/target [nomod] Demoralizing Banner
/cast [nomod] Safeguard
/cast [mod:shift][target=party1] Safeguard
/cast [mod:alt][target=party2] Safeguard
/cast [mod:ctrl][target=party3] Safeguard
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Is it possible to make a macro that puts down a banner if you don't have one down and then on a second press targets and safeguards that or whatever existing banner?
Edited by Onibushi on 10/7/2012 9:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
10/07/2012 09:17 AMPosted by Onibushi
Is it possible to make a macro that puts down a banner if you don't have one down and then on a second press targets and safeguards that or whatever existing banner?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6489939772
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
ty sir. what a lifesaver.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Copied your macro and all it does is use safeguard. The circle to place the banner won't come up. I copied it exactly as you have it written so I don't know why its not working
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
That is all the ops macro does Ragedsoul.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Sorry for not being clear. Quinten I went through your link and found a macro that is supposed to let me put down a banner then intervene to it. I copied exactly what you wrote and it will only intervene. Any help would be appreciated
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Ragedsoul I'm not sure what Quint's macro was but here's what I use. I copied it from Reckful/Anticide

#showtooltip Mocking Banner
/target Mocking Banner
/cast Safeguard
/targetlasttarget
/cast Mocking Banner
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]