Any Undead feel weird in MoP?

90 Undead Warlock
I can't get over the fact that all these NPCs are so warm toward me, an UNDEAD.

It feels really weird. "Come, walk with me undead." Really? I can see being at best, ambivilant toward the other horde races that washed up on shore -- but undead? Really?

I feel like my character would look left and right with shifty eyes and say "Uhh... alright" assuming they haven't figured out that he's DEAD.
Edited by Renfeild on 10/5/2012 12:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
I'm feeling the same way being a Death Knight.

"Here in Pandaria, life is slow, peaceful, and we like happy feelings. Our zen is all about positivity and reverence for life!"

*looks uncomfortably at the geist next to me* *shrugs and summons an Army of the Dead*

"Would you like some vegetables? Thank you for contributing towards our positive quality of life here!"

o.O
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight

"Here in Pandaria, life is slow, peaceful, and we like happy feelings. Our zen is all about positivity and reverence for life!"

*looks uncomfortably at the geist next to me* *shrugs and summons an Army of the Dead*

"Would you like some vegetables? Thank you for contributing towards our positive quality of life here!"

o.O
Game mechanics =/= story. A character wouldn't just summon an Undead Army in front of anyone.

As for the top post, Pandaren aren't racist.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I can't get over the fact that all these NPCs are so warm toward me, and UNDEAD.

It feels really weird. "Come, walk with me undead." Really? I can see being at best, ambivilant toward the other horde races that washed up on shore -- but undead? Really?

I feel like my character would look left and right with shifty eyes and say "Uhh... alright" assuming they haven't figured out that he's DEAD.

my thoughts almost 100%

walk with me
- you know i'm a warlock . . . and undead . . . you're pretty friendly to a race thats known to have little care about anything with no remorse or guilt. and you know, i control demons and can transform into one myself, and (in the future) my armor is covered in sha-skin (?)
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
It's all to do with the Sha. Too much negativity and you get your mind torn apart by your own emotions manifested in physical form. Thus they're all very accepting.
Reply Quote
87 Human Warrior
LOL I hadn't thought about it like that, but now that you mention it. Yeah, I can see how it could be kinda creepy how they except an undead. However, they aren't foreign to unnatural things walking and talking about. So, maybe consider them fairly excepting of things as unnatural as a walking and talking undead willing to assist them as opposed to trying to destroy them.

Now Death Knights . . . That's another story. LOL
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Are you feeling the warm fuzzies yet?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Monk
hehe. They don't even care that I don't have elbows! Madness!
Reply Quote
wow this thread is full of win.

I guess saying "slow dowwwn" to a zombie is pretty ridiculous.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
pandas are polite, : )

they just burn extra incense...
Edited by Vonkriest on 10/5/2012 8:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
At least the Hozen was shaken up...Whats wrong with your face? Your your dead...AHHHHH (Runs screaming for the hills) lol Brain Scar for life:)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
The dialog isn't tailor made for you. The mantids keep telling me about how "many of my lifetimes ago, bla bla bla". I'm a draenei, near as I can tell we don't have a shelf life.

Then there's all the NPCs that put their arm around me and call me "young", when I could be older than oh, I don't know. Human civilization.
Edited by Kaioon on 10/5/2012 8:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/05/2012 08:49 AMPosted by Kaioon
Then there's all the NPCs that put their arm around me and call me "young", when I could be older than oh, I don't know. Human civilization.

Well, they don't know that, and a lady never tells.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
The dialog isn't tailor made for you. The mantids keep telling me about how "many of my lifetimes ago, bla bla bla". I'm a draenei, near as I can tell we don't have a shelf life.

Human Civilization isnt that old in WoW time.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior

Human Civilization isnt that old in WoW time.

I was talking in earth time. Throw in Elf civilization, if that makes you feel better.
Reply Quote
Community Manager

o.O

This made me laugh. Thank you for that. ;)
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Warrior
10/05/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Kaioon
I was talking in earth time. Throw in Elf civilization, if that makes you feel better.

And you've developed such a small number of wrinkles in all that time. Highly impressive.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
10/05/2012 09:00 AMPosted by Corrock

And you've developed such a small number of wrinkles in all that time. Highly impressive.

I chalk it up to clean living.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]