Any Undead feel weird in MoP?

100 Blood Elf Rogue
The dialog isn't tailor made for you. The mantids keep telling me about how "many of my lifetimes ago, bla bla bla". I'm a draenei, near as I can tell we don't have a shelf life.

Then there's all the NPCs that put their arm around me and call me "young", when I could be older than oh, I don't know. Human civilization.

All of the quests assume you're human, unless it's an horde quest, in which case they assume you're an orc. I hate it.

It makes no sense at all for the alliance to call me a savage. Seriously, blood elves may be many things, but not savages, quite the opposite. It's obviously directed towards orcs, and the quest assumes you're an orc.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
10/05/2012 08:19 AMPosted by Renfeild
I feel like my character would look left and right with shifty eyes and say "Uhh... alright" assuming they haven't figured out that he's DEAD.

at least 2 NPCs didn't figure out that undead rogue character is undead. Some panda lady says "Oh, she looked like this -before- the accident?" or something like that, and then there's Riko.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 08:49 AMPosted by Kaioon
The dialog isn't tailor made for you.

Sure it is! They have my name right there in the text....even if the voice actors don't actually say it! ;) lol
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
"Your people carry a terrible burden, it is no wonder you look so sickly and frail."

That pretty much summed it up for me. They don't realize I'm a walking corpse, I'm just some stranger from far away who happens to be really sick

on the plus side I figure my emotions are pretty dulled down so I'm probably a good choice to help fight these Sha things.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue

Sure it is! They have my name right there in the text....even if the voice actors don't actually say it! ;) lol

They also call you a kid... comming from shorter lived races. And in my case they call be things like "beast" and "savage" and "brute".

"Your people carry a terrible burden, it is no wonder you look so sickly and frail."

That pretty much summed it up for me. They don't realize I'm a walking corpse, I'm just some stranger from far away who happens to be really sick

on the plus side I figure my emotions are pretty dulled down so I'm probably a good choice to help fight these Sha things.

Ahaha, yeah. The undead are perfect for the job. And yes, most NPCs throughout pandaria don't seem to realize that the undead are undead, and think they're just sick.
Edited by Springrunner on 10/5/2012 12:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Orc Warlock
Lmao in the Jade Forest I like how Lorewalker Cho is like " ah... I thought you looked ill" xD When he discovers I'm Forsaken/Undead.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/05/2012 11:56 AMPosted by Eliesa

You have no idea how much this annoys me when it happens.

All of the quests assume you're human, unless it's an horde quest, in which case they assume you're an orc. I hate it.

It makes no sense at all for the alliance to call me a savage. Seriously, blood elves may be many things, but not savages, quite the opposite. It's obviously directed towards orcs, and the quest assumes you're an orc.

Yeah! You savage blood elves with your beautiful architecture and magical society!

Wait, what?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Am I the only one that doesn't see their Death Knight as a complete, mindless pscyhopath?

There's a ton of them that are pretty much insane, and at the same time, a decent number that are at least decently level headed. As for the suffering infliction requirement..there are plenty that deserve it that fit the bill just fine.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Yeah! You savage blood elves with your beautiful architecture and magical society!

Wait, what?
Maybe it's because, being a rogue, I'm a savage compared to the rest of my people? I mean, I use a ponytail rather than a sophisicated hairdo. Surelly that's grounds to call me a savage.

Also, most quests assume you're melee, specially warriors. They say things like "you look really strong!" or "They told me they'd send some muscle!" when I'm on my mage. All the quests assume you're a human warrior, unless they're horde specific, then they assume you're an orc warrior.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
10/05/2012 08:48 AMPosted by Brevelan
At least the Hozen was shaken up...Whats wrong with your face? Your your dead...AHHHHH (Runs screaming for the hills) lol Brain Scar for life:)

Riku dont care about your weird dead face! ... Riku going to ook Kiera for sure.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I felt weird coming to Pandaria as a Blood Elf. Primarily, I feel completely out of place in the airship attack sequence and most of the first zone. When the Jade Dragon sent me off to Valley of Four Winds after telling me "show them that there is more to your people than... [bloodlust and war]", I was completely dumbfounded. The blood elves weren't responsible for the attack. As far as I know, I was the only blood elf on the entire ship (story wise). Either the Jade Dragon is nearly blind as a bat and can't tell a blood elf from an orc, or she is an idiot.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
10/05/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Kironys
I felt weird coming to Pandaria as a Blood Elf. Primarily, I feel completely out of place in the airship attack sequence and most of the first zone. When the Jade Dragon sent me off to Valley of Four Winds after telling me "show them that there is more to your people than... [bloodlust and war]", I was completely dumbfounded. The blood elves weren't responsible for the attack. As far as I know, I was the only blood elf on the entire ship (story wise). Either the Jade Dragon is nearly blind as a bat and can't tell a blood elf from an orc, or she is an idiot.

And when the alliance guy in the cave calls you a "beast"? It's not the insult I'd use for a blood elf... at all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
i feel bad for UNDEAD DKs....
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
10/05/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Choonster
It's all to do with the Sha. Too much negativity and you get your mind torn apart by your own emotions manifested in physical form. Thus they're all very accepting.

By this, shouldn't Warlocks spontaneously combust upon stepping foot in Pandaria?
I mean, it's like there should be sha following them everywhere consuming them en masse.
Just wondering.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Yeah, DKs / Forsaken do seem a little out of place in Pandaria.
Reply Quote
71 Blood Elf Rogue
10/05/2012 08:44 AMPosted by Murkwood
hehe. They don't even care that I don't have elbows! Madness!

Fine. I don't want to join you and your Forsaken. Maybe I'll start my own Forsaken! Maybe I'll invent Forsaken with elbows!
Edited by Savanar on 10/5/2012 2:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 01:54 PMPosted by Paulbathehut
It's all to do with the Sha. Too much negativity and you get your mind torn apart by your own emotions manifested in physical form. Thus they're all very accepting.

By this, shouldn't Warlocks spontaneously combust upon stepping foot in Pandaria?
I mean, it's like there should be sha following them everywhere consuming them en masse.
Just wondering.

I think Warlocks and Death Knights are probably more in control over their negative emotions than you guys give them credit for. Obviously everyone HAS negative emotions. Pandaren aren't super happy funshine sunshine people that never feel bad or it brings the Sha- They just know how to keep those things in check.

It's more about not letting those emotions run out of control than it is about not having them. As a Death Knight or Warlock you're dealing with dark powers all the time and in order to be an asset to your faction and not just a horrible monstrosity, you keep those things in check.
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Warrior
Well... a Forsaken NPC is regarded as already dead by the Pandaren in the horde quests, if you pay attention to some NPCs early on in Jade Forest. One's all (paraphrasing): "OMG! This person was horribly wounded from the crash!" (after the gunship) Then: "Oh, that's normal looking for her?"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]