When do I use Metamorphosis?

48 Undead Warlock
I love the way Demonology works now, but demonic rage is hard to manage. It drains so fast if you're not in combat. Which is sad, because I love the visual effects when you have it fully charged.

Begging the question: when's the best time to use Metamorphosis? When I have a full bar of demonic rage, or when I have enough to get a few attacks off with it?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
900+ fury, and for PVE, use service instead of sup, and only use it when you pop metamorphosis, makes it last a really long time while spamming touch of chaos
Reply Quote
48 Undead Warlock
10/05/2012 08:31 AMPosted by Iïlïlïlïl
900+ fury, and for PVE, use service instead of sup, and only use it when you pop metamorphosis, makes it last a really long time while spamming touch of chaos

Thanks! Good to know for the future. That seems like a good strategy.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
10/05/2012 08:31 AMPosted by Iïlïlïlïl

The difference in Fury generated over those 20 or so seconds between Supremacy and Service is about 60 Fury, so, one extra ToC, or half of an MCed Soul Fire. The real benefit is the second Felstorm, but even that is only useful for AoE.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
And of course Service is obviously better in short fights where you will have out both pets for the entire duration of battle (actually anything where pet is out for more than 20% of the fight service wins)
Reply Quote
48 Undead Warlock
Supremacy looks cooler, but now I'm definitely considering Service just because it sounds good and I'm sure it'll be hilarious to have my 10+ Wild Imps and two Fel Guards hanging around me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Once you get to 900+ , should you let it drain all the way or is there a point when you should be wanting to cut it off?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Since hes 48, im assuming he meant currently and not way later when he has access to the 75 tier. So, with demonology I personally found the best way to manage my fury was figuring out roughly how much fury it would take to kill 1 mob, and then just try to never cap out on fury. My bar was usually always low when questing but not empty, there was always enough for me to get into metamorphasis and pound out a few touch of weaknesses. This is still basically the case for me as im still leveling. I find I dont use doom often as it doesnt do enough damage for me to use the fury on it, but if you're pulling a ton of stuff at one its worth it, as well as hellfire once you get the passive to have it not deal damage to yourself.

Good luck to you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]