Sticky Macro's

90 Tauren Druid
Macro's are still sticky and get stuck on castsequences.

For example.

/castsequence [nomod]spell1,spell4
/cast [mod:alt]spell2
/cast [mod:ctrl]spell3

the macro will either get stuck on spell1, spell2, spell3 or spell4 and continually cast it over and over.

This is not a cache, Data/Cache, WTF or Interface failure, all of my friends are experiencing the same problem. I might also mention this happens on my druid with Faerie Swarm too only the problem with that is that my Druid will not cast Faerie Swarm, it will however cast Faerie Fire but then it will not progress to the next spell!

PLEASE READ YOU TICKETS PROPERLY BEFORE PASSING JUDGEMENT!!!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I am sick of blizzard misreading and ignoring my tickets. I have deleted my cache, Data/Cache, WTF and Interface countless times. This does not fix the issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by Blackmizuchi on 10/5/2012 11:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Just discovered something about this error it only seems to happen if you have the same spell twice in a macro. Faerie Swarm issue still current!
Edited by Blackmizuchi on 10/5/2012 11:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
RE: Just discovered something about this error it only seems to happen if you have the same spell twice in a macro. Faerie Swarm issue still current!

Ignore above this was just glitching again!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Its funny if I put reset=target it allows the castsequence to work but then it just only casts that spell over and over which isn't what I want.
Edited by Blackmizuchi on 10/6/2012 8:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
This would go a lot better if you would be more specific as to what you're using in positions of spell1,2,3 and 4
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Please note that the parser for a sequence will attempt to cast a particular spell over and over until it gets a success event from the server. This is on purpose, and prevents an exploit.

Also, reset= conditions are limited to specific set of options; a modifier key, combat state, target, etc. It is not, and never has been a cooldown timer, or a trigger to reset something based on a particular spell.

If you want some assistance designing a macro that does what you want, do two things;

1. Explain what you want, as simply as possible.
2. Show us what you've got that isn't working the way you want.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
/castsequence [nomod]reset=nocombat Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot
/cast [mod:alt]Multishot
/cast [mod:ctrl]Explosive Shot

But it could be any other spell for all it matters I've tested this on all my tools with a variety of different spells and sequences. And I take it that you didn't read that Faerie Swarm will not work in a macro unless you use Faerie Fire and if you do it will continually cast Faerie Swarm and not progress to the next spell in the sequence.

BTW what is the exploit they fixed with the macro system? Am I still allowed this:

/castsequence [nomod]reset=nocombat Hunters Mark,Serpent Sting,a;

? BTW this is not my actual sequence it is just an example I could easily just have like /cast spell1 if you like underneath the first line.
Edited by Blackmizuchi on 10/6/2012 5:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Plus the problem isn't that that the macro isn't working the problem is (and I state this for the second time) that the macro sometimes doesn't work it becomes sticky and will not cast a spell regardless of how much focus, mana, rage or runic power I have. Like just today I logged in and its working but I will assume that at some point in the next 5 mins it will stick again and not work.

BTW also read patch notes there have been no exploit fixes for the last 2 patches including MOP which is when I noticed this issue with the macro system.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
RE: My last message!

Its still happening! On my hunter Druid and my friends DK.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
10/06/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Blackmizuchi
BTW also read patch notes there have been no exploit fixes for the last 2 patches including MOP which is when I noticed this issue with the macro system.

Who said the cast getting stuck is to fix a recent exploit? It's been like this for a long, long, long, LONG time. If this condition didn't exist, someone could make a macro will every single one of his spells, and just spam it until a good spell casts.

Go on and troll the regulars, Unkle and Sedivy are some of the most frequent/helpful posters on this forum.

And that spamming thing, posting 5 times in a row etc, is a good way to get your posting privileges revoked.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Varissarîâ-Frostmourne - Same issue.
Beeisme-Caelestrasz - Same issue as well as: Does not have [Glyph of Harsh Words] on but it sometimes bugs and will not cast on himself without targeting off his target then back onto him self.
Blackmizuchi-Frostmourne - My alt same issue as well as the Faerie Swarm issue I listed above.
Belnite-Frostmourne - Same issue.
Mäkaveli-Frostmourne - Same issue not on that toon but on his alts.
Haruhi-Frostmourne - My alt same issue.

Will update with more people as I find them
Edited by Blackmizuchi on 10/6/2012 8:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Who said the cast getting stuck is to fix a recent exploit? It's been like this for a long, long, long, LONG time. If this condition didn't exist, someone could make a macro will every single one of his spells, and just spam it until a good spell casts.

Go on and troll the regulars, Unkle and Sedivy are some of the most frequent/helpful posters on this forum.

And that spamming thing, posting 5 times in a row etc, is a good way to get your posting privileges revoked.

Not sure I understand what you mean this is the first thread I've opened in a long while and I haven't opened any other thread about this subject. Haven't spammed this thread at all, just been updating it with relevant information.
Edited by Blackmizuchi on 10/6/2012 8:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/06/2012 07:43 PMPosted by Rubyheart
Who said the cast getting stuck is to fix a recent exploit?

It was Unkle that said:
Please note that the parser for a sequence will attempt to cast a particular spell over and over until it gets a success event from the server. This is on purpose, and prevents an exploit.

I responded and maybe I was not clear about it during that post but I have never had problems with my macros before. It has only been since the MOP expansion that my macro's have stopped working which is why I responded with:
10/06/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Blackmizuchi

Not to be rude but you need to read things more careful before saying the first thing that pops into your head.
Edited by Blackmizuchi on 10/6/2012 8:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Varissarîâ-Frostmourne - Same issue.
Beeisme-Caelestrasz - Same issue as well as: Does not have [Glyph of Harsh Words] on but it sometimes bugs and will not cast on himself without targeting off his target then back onto him self.
Blackmizuchi-Frostmourne - My alt same issue as well as the Faerie Swarm issue I listed above.
Belnite-Frostmourne - Same issue.
Mäkaveli-Frostmourne - Same issue not on that toon but on his alts.
Haruhi-Frostmourne - My alt same issue.

Will update with more people as I find them
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Since spells in your first and your second sequence both trigger the gcd, what you're trying for in the second macro isn't really possible.

If you want to separate the sequences, then I'd recommend writing it like this:

#showtooltip
/castsequence [mod:alt] Multishot;[mod:ctrl] Explosive Shot; reset=nocombat Hunters Mark,Serpent Sting

and for the other macro you can just have

#showtooltip
/castsequence Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot

then alternate between the two macros/buttons as needed.
Edited by Sedivy on 10/6/2012 10:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Yes it has worked and you can have it either way you like but thats not really the point. The point is, (and I repeat this now for like the 4th time in the one thread which is very frustrating mind you that:) sometimes it is working and other times it will stick and not cast anything. Which tends to suggest that there is some sort of bug with the system but blizzard keeps ignoring me. Also you keep seeming to miss my sentence about Faerie Swam which is also quite annoying.
Edited by Blackmizuchi on 10/7/2012 1:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Would this perhaps be a latency issue, I don't think it would be cause this has only happened since after the patch.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
There is no bug as this is working as intended. If anything I was going to suggest that you're exploiting the latency/queuing system of two parallel castsequences to make it work at all.
The reason why nobody is really helping you and why there is no point in reporting this as a bug is that it really is not supposed to work. You are attempting to make a macro to bypass blizzard imposed restriction on the macro system which do not allow you one button smart macro that will account for CD info for you. They hacked and slashed their way through the macro system over the years precisely to limit this activity and plug up all the holes.
You are attempting an exploit in other words, and want help with it on official blizzard forums :)
So you're not only risking a ban, anyone attempting to help you with it is also risking a ban...
Edited by Sedivy on 10/7/2012 7:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
There is no bug as this is working as intended. If anything I was going to suggest that you're exploiting the latency/queuing system of two parallel castsequences to make it work at all.
The reason why nobody is really helping you and why there is no point in reporting this as a bug is that it really is not supposed to work. You are attempting to make a macro to bypass blizzard imposed restriction on the macro system which do not allow you one button smart macro that will account for CD info for you. They hacked and slashed their way through the macro system over the years precisely to limit this activity and plug up all the holes.
You are attempting an exploit in other words, and want help with it on official blizzard forums :)
So you're not only risking a ban, anyone attempting to help you with it is also risking a ban...

So you telling me that:
/castsequence [nomod]reset=nocombat Hunters Mark,Serpent Sting,a;

Is an exploit. Your a moron this has been working and has been working for some time is even in the macro forums in some places. And it works most of the time until the last 2 MOP patches.
NOW again to state what I've previously stated (for the EFFING BILLIONTH TIME!!!!!!!!!) IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW YOU WORD THE CAST-EFFING-SEQUENCE IT COULD MAY AS WELL BE:

/castsequence Cobra shot,Cobra shot,Arcane Shot

or

/castsequence swipe,mangle,thrash

AND IT WOULD STILL EFFING STOP AT SOME EFFING POINT LEARN TO EFFING READ YOU EFFING MORON TARD!!!

No offence to retarded people its not their fault, but you obviously can't read or comprehend at all as I've stated the problem over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and you still don't seem to get it.

And again I state its not just me!!!

This is exactly the reason I cant get my D3 account unbanned cause no one knows how to read or comprehend a system log, you just sit there and assume you know what your doing but you don't.

The blizzard employ who I tried troubleshoot the bug with, in game, hung up on me kept saying "I cannot help you with macros" without even seeing what was going on. All he had to do was watch me play for 5 minutes, didn't have to suggest anything just watch and tell me decisively whether or not there was a problem with the UI or my wording, he didn't need to tell me how to fix it just either way. And he would have noticed that the macro stopped working then started 30 second later then promptly stopping again. He told me to come here fat lot that has done so far.

I'm not trying to be abusive at all btw I am just so effing frustrated that no one is taking action and no one is reading the posts properly.

BTW it even says on wowhead.com and wowmacros that ",a;" at the end of a castsequence means "spell not available go to the next line". This is basic siht man you should know this.
Edited by Blackmizuchi on 10/7/2012 9:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]