Old man Thistle's Map

(Locked)

90 Dwarf Paladin
Supposedly there is suppose to be a treasure that you can only get once you find the Old Map which is a guranteed drop from the Enourmous Cattail in Valley of the Four winds. But I've killed him about 12 times and gotten nothing. I am Best Friends with Fish which is when she tells you about the story. I've read the story and found the cave but you can't get in til you do the quest which you can't do til you find the map. Has anyone gotten this stupid thing to drop? If so how did you do it?
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Did you post this in the bug report forum?
90 Dwarf Paladin
Thats the thing, I'm not sure if its a bug or if I am missing something.
90 Dwarf Death Knight
10/06/2012 05:28 AMPosted by Arginox
Thats the thing, I'm not sure if its a bug or if I am missing something.

It states on Blizzard's own site that it is a guaranteed drop (AKA. 100% chance). That is a bug. Either the website or the game.
90 Tauren Paladin
You have to be exalted with the Tillers and Best Friends with all of them on the farm. It dropped first time for me when I got the best friends thing. But....it bugged on me when I went to solve it. Fish wouldn't enter the cave with me. So good luck to you! LOL
71 Blood Elf Monk
I thought the shu'halo had more respect for life than to practice necromancy on a thread.
90 Human Hunter
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the OP knows how to get the map since this thread is over a year old. Necroing is bad mmmkay?
90 Goblin Death Knight
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=59639/enormous-cattail-grouper

Says It's a 10% drop.

My guess is it's a typo, there are quite a few here on the official site.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Old_Map

10% here as well.
Edited by Gilmodius on 7/9/2013 5:03 PM PDT
90 Human Warrior
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the OP knows how to get the map since this thread is over a year old. Necroing is bad mmmkay?

Looks around half a year old to me but yeah.
90 Goblin Death Knight
Ha wow, what brought this back from the dead?

Just looked at the date, and feel a lil foolish.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]