Combat PvP is surprisingly superior.

90 Undead Rogue
10/05/2012 03:02 PMPosted by Mafic
All Rogue specs have to burst when necessary. But this is what makes Sub still more opportunistic while Combat can chain burst cool downs. Assassination I think is kind of left out of the party, but too early to tell. :P

Except that really isn't the case. Killing Spree while more situational is equally as strong given it costs nothing and has a faster burst rate. Even the 2min cool down is more like 1-1.5mins because of restless blades. Then you add on top of that AR+SB, which also bursts at a faster rate for a longer span of time while stacking rapidly to 30% bandit's guile and rapidly refreshes Killing Spree's and it's own CD.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

I have no time for arm chair heroes who tell everyone how great they could be if they could just get off their !@#.

Everyone who plays this game is by definition an arm chair hero.

These same exact conversations happened regarding Sub at the end of Wrath. Some people were suggesting it was useful, while others would mock them. The cycle goes around and around.

Not saying Combat is great. What I am saying is there is nothing hard !@# about this game.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/05/2012 05:08 PMPosted by Subversiv
All Rogue specs have to burst when necessary. But this is what makes Sub still more opportunistic while Combat can chain burst cool downs. Assassination I think is kind of left out of the party, but too early to tell. :P

Except that really isn't the case. Killing Spree while more situational is equally as strong given it costs nothing and has a faster burst rate. Even the 2min cool down is more like 1-1.5mins because of restless blades. Then you add on top of that AR+SB, which also bursts at a faster rate for a longer span of time while stacking rapidly to 30% bandit's guile and rapidly refreshes Killing Spree's and it's own CD.

Neat story, you must be really beating the crap out of the target dummies on top of org and fantasizing about how what you are doing is meaningful.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

I have no time for arm chair heroes who tell everyone how great they could be if they could just get off their !@#.

Everyone who plays this game is by definition an arm chair hero.

These same exact conversations happened regarding Sub at the end of Wrath. Some people were suggesting it was useful, while others would mock them. The cycle goes around and around.

Not saying Combat is great. What I am saying is there is nothing hard !@# about this game.

That is your personal problem. If you choose to remain uniformed and hang out with uniformed people dreaming up nonsense that is your choice.

Your willful choice towards ignorance does not negate everyone else knowledge. You are like a kid that thinks he/she is hiding because they are covering there eyes with their hands and can't see anyone.

How sub was in wrath is known to anyone who actually followed the tournament scene. No one has to guess you could just watch pro play it out right before you eyes, reckful and kalamist both played sub in multiple tournaments and everyone who wasn't under a rock saw exactly how it played out.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

That is your personal problem. If you choose to remain uniformed and hang out with uniformed people dreaming up nonsense that is your choice.

Your personal problem is that you take a video game too seriously. I don't choose anything. That is how things work, as far as trends go. Even outside of the video game world.

Your willful choice towards ignorance does not negate everyone else knowledge. You are like a kid that thinks he/she is hiding because they are covering there eyes with their hands and can't see anyone.

Everyone else's "knowledge" is typically just the masses mimicking what they see Reckful doing. None of your analogy is strong at all. There is no fear here. I don't care one way or another how things pan out in make believe land. I do see how the group mindset works though, and how the "enlightened" like to pretend to themselves how they know better.

How sub was in wrath is known to anyone who actually followed the tournament scene. No one has to guess you could just watch pro play it out right before you eyes, reckful and kalamist both played sub in multiple tournaments and everyone who wasn't under a rock saw exactly how it played out.

Until 3.3, Sub was untouched, except by some Korean dude with an Arcane mage as a partner, while 2s still got Glad. You don't remember Wrath at all. Even when Reckful was using it in the last season, the OVERWHELMING majority of the playerbase was still playing Mut-Prep. Word spreads slowly.

Even if Combat is good, word will spread slowly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

Your personal problem is that you take a video game too seriously. I don't choose anything. That is how things work, as far as trends go. Even outside of the video game world.

Everyone else's "knowledge" is typically just the masses mimicking what they see Reckful doing. None of your analogy is strong at all. There is no fear here. I don't care one way or another how things pan out in make believe land. I do see how the group mindset works though, and how the "enlightened" like to pretend to themselves how they know better.

Until 3.3, Sub was untouched, except by some Korean dude with an Arcane mage as a partner, while 2s still got Glad. You don't remember Wrath at all. Even when Reckful was using it in the last season, the OVERWHELMING majority of the playerbase was still playing Mut-Prep. Word spreads slowly.

Everything you said is completely false. I played sub a large portion of wrath and so did a lot of people I know, your just kid living in a cocoon.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

Everything you said is completely false. I played sub a large portion of wrath and so did a lot of people I know, your just kid living in a cocoon.

If you want to win an argument with someone you tell them WHY they're wrong. All you're doing is acting like that child who covers his ears and says "LALALALAL I CAN'T HEAR YOU"

The guy above you just provided concrete examples to support his argument and all you basically said was "false you're wrong I am right but I am not gonna tell you why, just know you're wrong."

Also, I have no idea why you are getting worked and over a game that lost 99% of its e-sport coverage years ago and competitive arena scene years ago.. Anyone still actively citing streamers/top arena players, idolizing them, are really the ones living in cocoons.
Edited by Kalandrial on 10/6/2012 11:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

If you want to win an argument with someone you tell them WHY they're wrong. All you're doing is acting like that child who covers his ears and says "LALALALAL I CAN'T HEAR YOU"

The guy above you just provided concrete examples to support his argument and all you basically said was "false you're wrong I am right but I am not gonna tell you why, just know you're wrong." Also, I have no idea why you are getting worked and over a game that lost 99% of its e-sport coverage years ago. Anyone still actively citing streamers and high-end players are really the ones living in cocoons.

What argument? This guy is babbling about purple dragons and I am just facing palming.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

The guy above you just provided concrete examples to support his argument and all you basically said was "false you're wrong I am right but I am not gonna tell you why, just know you're wrong." Also, I have no idea why you are getting worked and over a game that lost 99% of its e-sport coverage years ago. Anyone still actively citing streamers and high-end players are really the ones living in cocoons.

What argument? This guy is babbling about purple dragons and I am just facing palming.

Directly from him: "Until 3.3, Sub was untouched, except by some Korean dude with an Arcane mage as a partner, while 2s still got Glad. You don't remember Wrath at all. Even when Reckful was using it in the last season, the OVERWHELMING majority of the playerbase was still playing Mut-Prep. Word spreads slowly.

Even if Combat is good, word will spread slowly."
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

Prior to the Hemo buff (amongst other buffs), no one played it. No one. Reckful made a name for himself among other high end rogues because he was Shadowdance. And only after 3.3. And only for it's control and mobility. Sub's damage on mail or plate was garbage.

Sub was popular because of how popular caster cleaves were in the last season of Wrath, and how squishy and kitable Mut-Prep was going against them. I have absolutely no idea what angle you are coming from with your "statement". Sub was dead for almost all of Wrath. I touched on PvP. It's only shining moment in PvE was in Naxx, and only because of the HaT bug giving a group full of Sub rogues constant finishers.

For someone who takes this game so seriously, you don't seem to have any idea what you are talking about. You need to calm down at like, go outside maybe.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

Directly from him: "Until 3.3, Sub was untouched, except by some Korean dude with an Arcane mage as a partner, while 2s still got Glad. You don't remember Wrath at all. Even when Reckful was using it in the last season, the OVERWHELMING majority of the playerbase was still playing Mut-Prep. Word spreads slowly.

Even if Combat is good, word will spread slowly."

That is babbling about purple dragon. Non of that is even remotely true at all. Boat loads of players were playing Sub. PLenty of player never even played mut at all and stayed sub from BC all the way through wrath.

Once again this guy is saying pure nonsense.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

Also, I have no idea why you are getting worked and over a game that lost 99% of its e-sport coverage years ago and competitive arena scene years ago.. Anyone still actively citing streamers/top arena players, idolizing them, are really the ones living in cocoons.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

You are the one getting worked up butting you fat head into a posts that have nothing to do with you at all.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

You are the one getting worked up butting you fat head into a posts that have nothing to do with you at all.

Nothing to do with me? I forgot that upon achieving 2200 3s rating everything and anything under the sun PvP related instantly becomes your forte. I am posting because you're the epitome of the main problem with the entire community. Inb4 "NOOB I WOULD WRECK YOU SCRUB 3s or GTFO infidel"
Edited by Kalandrial on 10/6/2012 11:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

That is babbling about purple dragon. Non of that is even remotely true at all. Boat loads of players were playing Sub. PLenty of player never even played mut at all and stayed sub from BC all the way through wrath.

No, they didn't. Go over to AJ and post that. I would like to see how "well" you are remembering things.

99% of rogue glads from S5-S7 were Mut-Prep. I would bet at least 50% of rogue glads in S8 were Mut-Prep.

Subs damage on plate was garbage. There was no Find Weakness. Backstab hit for nothing. Everything was Hemo, and Hemo hit for nothing either. With how popular TSG was for most of Wrath, going against them as Sub was an autoloss.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

No, they didn't. Go over to AJ and post that. I would like to see how "well" you are remembering things.

99% of rogue glads from S5-S7 were Mut-Prep. I would bet at least 50% of rogue glads in S8 were Mut-Prep.

Subs damage on plate was garbage. There was no Find Weakness. Backstab hit for nothing. Everything was Hemo, and Hemo hit for nothing either. With how popular TSG was for most of Wrath, going against them as Sub was an autoloss.

Rival Lifsha just got lawyer-ed
Reply Quote
65 Orc Hunter
Hey mad level 85 rogue, don't see you doing any pvp at 90 and yes it's true, combat rogues are much nastier than the other specs right now... And bringing up Reckful, you do know he rerollled a warrior for MoP right? Refuse to read this thread any further due to the stupidity and I commend the OP for trying to give some kind of insight for the rogues who are downright hating life on WoW right now, all specs have their ups and downs but atm combat has less downs than the other, but of course not as much downs as you have, my friend.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/06/2012 11:18 AMPosted by Snipes
Hey mad level 85 rogue, don't see you doing any pvp at 90 and yes it's true, combat rogues are much nastier than the other specs right now... And bringing up Reckful, you do know he rerollled a warrior for MoP right? Refuse to read this thread any further due to the stupidity and I commend the OP for trying to give some kind of insight for the rogues who are downright hating life on WoW right now, all specs have their ups and downs but atm combat has less downs than the other, but of course not as much downs as you have, my friend.

Well said dude, but you're gonna make Rival Lifsha go apeshi* with that one. Inb4 Rival Lifsha gets so angry irl he beats his non-existent girlfriend. Rival Lifsha, I ain't even mad

NjRmYTQ4MDExNTc3Y2UwNTU2MTUwNmNkN2E4NGI4YjcyZmIzYjMxMA==
Edited by Kalandrial on 10/8/2012 10:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue

Grow out of using profanity to try to make a point. It's embarrassing to read your posts.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter

I bet you're fun at parties.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]