Transferring a Character too a -Full/Locked-R

90 Night Elf Priest
I wasn't quite sure where to put this, but I figured this was the safest bet since this is a account/in game question.

I've transferred characters before, however. I have not transferred them too anything other than Low to Medium population, and those characters have gone through the transfers flawlessly! :D Usually took less than an hour for them too finish. I know however that it will be different for other realms with a high/full/locked population. Thus bringing me too a few questions!

I will be transferring a Character from Fizzcrank-Us too Illidan-Us. From what I've seen, Illidan tends to be locked for the most of the day ( expected from the recent release of Mists of Pandaria ), but under normal circumstances it's usually full.
I'm just a tad bit worried that since it is usually locked, if that means I cannot transfer the character over too Illidan at this time? If so, when may I be able to send said character too Illidan? :-].
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My other question is, I am also going too be making this character a horde - My first ever faction change ( one of those few who just re-level a different faction! Not this time! ) -. I've read a little bit about this, not too worried about this, but still makes me ify! Will I need too faction change first? Or can I just go ahead and realm transfer, and then faction change?

That about sums up all that I wanted too ask! I don't normally spend so much money on pixels, so I am just wanting to make sure everything will be nice,dandy and okay before I do anything :-].

Thanks too anyone who replies with the answers I need!

((((hugs))) Happy Hunting!
Reply Quote
61 Worgen Priest
10/05/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Lifelight
I'm just a tad bit worried that since it is usually locked, if that means I cannot transfer the character over too Illidan at this time? If so, when may I be able to send said character too Illidan? :-].

I do believe that Illidan is currently locked for transfers on. They are offering free transfers off the realm so they would not be allowing others to transfer onto the realm currently.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
My other question is, I am also going too be making this character a horde - My first ever faction change ( one of those few who just re-level a different faction! Not this time! ) -. I've read a little bit about this, not too worried about this, but still makes me ify! Will I need too faction change first? Or can I just go ahead and realm transfer, and then faction change?

It is irrelevant which you chose to do first- BUT remember to log in to the character after the first transaction is complete and before you start the second- if you do not a bug may flag your character for a name change.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
10/05/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Kahlly

It is irrelevant which you chose to do first- BUT remember to log in to the character after the first transaction is complete and before you start the second- if you do not a bug may flag your character for a name change.

Oh my, thank you! :-D. Didn't know that :O.

10/05/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Tinkrbella

I do believe that Illidan is currently locked for transfers on. They are offering free transfers off the realm so they would not be allowing others to transfer onto the realm currently.

Yikes! Okay! Thank you ^.^
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Illidan is not currently locked for transfers on. I just transferred my rogue to Illidan on 10/6/2012.

Currently in the wait time of getting in.. waited about 2 hrs now and im on 477 out of the 4000 people trying to get in.
Edited by Kanplo on 10/6/2012 9:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]