Stone Guard is way too difficult

Been wiping on this for a while now, and we kinda gave up on it because our tanks can't see the energy bars of each individual boss to know who's going to overlord way before it does, so they know who to keep seperate and who to keep in a pair (10 man).

We've pretty much given up on it until we get some gear through LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
2/10
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
So have a dps/healer call out the switches so the tanks don't have to worry about it. Mark the three bosses with raid icons and they are easy to pick out from a distance and teh tank just has to taunt the right raid icon.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
The default UI has boss frames of each of those dogs on the side under your mini map. If tank UI is preventing your group from killing it (or blindness) then that is a group issue, not a boss issue.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/05/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Nery
And it begins!

I see what you did there...
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Nery
And it begins!

your surprised? really

Blizzard knew this was coming and even has the progressive nerf ready to go.

They announced the Feat to do it without nerfs.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/05/2012 08:06 PMPosted by Sarosha
And it begins!

your surprised? really

I doubt anyone's surprised at all.

i can't wait for these threads when LFR opens.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Kuruptionz

your surprised? really

I doubt anyone's surprised at all.

i can't wait for these threads when LFR opens.

I doubt it, LFR is tuned pretty low, mechanics are way tuned down. IM sure there will be one or two bosses out of balance, but I think as a whole it will be fine.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Tanks just need to get it down, the whole fight is pretty much all on them and they can make or break the raid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
babbies first raid after 35% ds
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
"Stone Guards are too hard, IM A SAVIOR DAMNIT"

your surprised? really

nobody is surprised, we called these normal qqs months ago.
Edited by Postonforums on 10/5/2012 9:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I think Stone Guard is a little too difficult just because he is the first boss. He would be fine if the boss was later in the instance.

Personally, I think it's okay if a guild has to farm the first boss for a couple of weeks to move on, but having the first boss harder than other bosses just never made sense, no matter what tier we are talking about.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
10/05/2012 08:06 PMPosted by Sarosha

End bosses ONLY.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Main thing I noticed is the fight can be incredibly demoralizing. Once the switch is learned it's much easier, but before that it can be painful -- the raid will straight wipe due to bad explosions within 10%.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
HC
I think Stone Guard is a little too difficult just because he is the first boss. He would be fine if the boss was later in the instance.

Personally, I think it's okay if a guild has to farm the first boss for a couple of weeks to move on, but having the first boss harder than other bosses just never made sense, no matter what tier we are talking about.

It's actually extremely easy, just need to understand the fight. But I guess anything with more than 2 mechanics is hard for most people lol.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter

It's actually extremely easy, just need to understand the fight. But I guess anything with more than 2 mechanics is hard for most people lol.

Doing almost anything the wrong way can lead to frustration. Try putting your socks on with your teeth. What matters is how you react. Do you try using your hands or beg for a buff to teeth?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I have two things to say here.1. you guys must have been the same ones back in Cata who couldn't hit your button on ultraxion.And 2. you obviously weren't playing pre Wrath when the first boss was actually a true raid check/gear check...The first boss is a check not only to see if your gear can put out the DPS/take the hits/Heal through the damage but also to test your Raid's heart and will.If you're going to give up because because you can't down the first boss in 5 pulls or less you probably shouldn't be raiding.I remember when walking around with Epic's on actually meant something.GG
Reply Quote
Tuesday will tell us alot so be patient a bit.

If LFR is similiar but easier, people will get a chance to practice the switch without the frustration.

IF LFR works out, it should make learning the mechanics for normal alot less painfull

Be patient a few days and see what happens.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Tuesday will tell us alot so be patient a bit.

If LFR is similiar but easier, people will get a chance to practice the switch without the frustration.

IF LFR works out, it should make learning the mechanics for normal alot less painfull

Be patient a few days and see what happens.

There are no mechanics in lfr. Now I know you're a troll.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]