Jade is green, Jasper is [Stone Guard]

90 Night Elf Druid
Speaking as a JCer, and the fact that just last expanion you already classified Jasper as being green. It would make this tank very happy if you would rename the Jasper stone guardian into Ruby.

Having 2 "Ja" mobs both of which are green in my mind, doesnt go to well for this tank.

Jade
Ruby
Amethyst.

Please.
Edited by Eillesa on 10/6/2012 12:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
"Jasper, a form of chalcedony, is an opaque, impure variety of silica, usually red, yellow, brown or green in color; and rarely blue."

I agree that it makes little sense to have Jasper as a green gem and then make a boss named Jasper Stone Guardian and make it red, but I don't think it's very gamebreaking.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
"Jasper, a form of chalcedony, is an opaque, impure variety of silica, usually red, yellow, brown or green in color; and rarely blue."

I agree that it makes little sense to have Jasper as a green gem and then make a boss named Jasper Stone Guardian and make it red, but I don't think it's very gamebreaking.

If my guild called out to taunt jasper, my first thought is to taunt green. Since Ja and Ja are the first things I see, I cant rely on using names only. I need to think in colors, rather than names.

Even jade is a tad ambiguous, if you ask me. Emerald, Ruby, Amethist would be ideal. -- I cant even imagine how the colorblind people feel. Even writing this I had to really think hard about what color I wanted to say.

I had the same problem with Ragnaros. In some places I'd kill add 5 or 3 depending on if the hammer landed on the left or the right. I don't know. Mixing words with numbers or mixing words with colors that I've already assigned in my head takes tons of effort.

It just feels like an unnecessary hassle for certain people. If I see green, I dont ever think jade, I think jasper or emerald.
Edited by Eillesa on 10/6/2012 2:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
You can always get them to mark them. Then you can just taunt Diamond/X/Triangle/Square and you can still think in colors because they'll all match up.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
10/06/2012 02:44 AMPosted by Eillesa
If my guild called out to taunt jasper, my first thought is to taunt green.

That's entirely your fault, and your guilds for not marking them. Seriously.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I have taunt macro's where the icon for each is just a color. Green, Red, Blue, Purple. Hard to fail with that.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
That really messed me up as well, then i just marked each one witht he raid marker and used that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
They should name them Mileena, Kitana, Jade, and.... Ermac?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Even jade is a tad ambiguous, if you ask me. Emerald, Ruby, Amethist would be ideal. -- I cant even imagine how the colorblind people feel. Even writing this I had to really think hard about what color I wanted to say.

Well, they have names, rather than colors, you see.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/06/2012 11:28 AMPosted by Boolander
Ermac?

I always suspected..
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Is it so hard to associate a word to something new??? Get over it
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]