Unholy 5.05 Lv 90 2H vs Dual weild? PvE? PvP?

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Whats the best? PvE 2h? PvP Dual? You tell me
Reply Quote
55 Troll Death Knight
Unholy is only 2h, they completely removed any effectiveness that DW Unholy ever had.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
i am currently dualwielding as unholy at 87 since the 2hs i have got arent that much greater then the 2 5.7k damage 1hs i have , top 2h i have is like 9k damage wish isnt that great compared and tested the damage from the strikes and its not actually that much more but at 90 there is probably a much more significant difference , but i dont see any reason why it wouldnt be viable
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/06/2012 06:25 AMPosted by Raivenmourne
i am currently dualwielding as unholy at 87 since the 2hs i have got arent that much greater then the 2 5.7k damage 1hs i have , top 2h i have is like 9k damage wish isnt that great compared and tested the damage from the strikes and its not actually that much more but at 90 there is probably a much more significant difference , but i dont see any reason why it wouldnt be viable

The only two issues being that Unholy's strikes are main-hand only. The weapon damage via strikes would only reflect the lesser damage of a 1H weapon, opposed to the greater damage of 2H weapon. Sudden Doom is also main-hand only, and normalized according to weapon speed (rather than a percentage) so dual-wielding will not increase the procs.

Perhaps if Sudden Doom worked off the weapons in each hand, the Death Coil damage might be enough to overlap the lacking weapon strikes, but as of today, it isn't.

Even with those facts, I'd still be interested in seeing the numerical differences between 1H and 2H, if anyone were to crunch the numbers.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info guys!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
10/06/2012 06:42 AMPosted by Kleykir
Sudden Doom worked off the weapons in each hand

I believe that's why it got changed to only main-hand.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/06/2012 06:20 AMPosted by Jäckßäuer
Unholy is only 2h, they completely removed any effectiveness that DW Unholy ever had.

WHY CAN'T WE DKS DO WHAT WE PLEASE!?!?!? Q_Q
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
whats some good 1hs for frost ?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/06/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Uzuko

Because DW Unholy was so far ahead of the other specs that it was ridiculous. DWing procced Sudden Doom like their was no tomorrow when you were in Unholy pres + haste stacking.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/06/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Uzuko

Why can't mages be a melee class? SO UNFAIR.

They killed DW unholy because they never intended it to be a DW spec and at that point 2h Frost didn't exist and it would be ridiculous to have both DPS specs DWing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
11/06/2012 03:57 AMPosted by Deathquoi

They killed DW unholy because they never intended it to be a DW spec and at that point 2h Frost didn't exist and it would be ridiculous to have both DPS specs DWing.

2h Frost was around during early Wrath and early Cata. I don't remember if DW Unholy was around during early Wrath but I know it was around for T11 which 2h Frost was also around for.
Reply Quote

2h Frost was around during early Wrath and early Cata. I don't remember if DW Unholy was around during early Wrath but I know it was around for T11 which 2h Frost was also around for.
dw unholy has made a couple appearences over the course of this game and every time it showed up it was nerfed so it would be ineffective. the most notable ones were...

in wrath a hybrid unholy frost spec made use of dw runeforges to buff shadow/frost damage and double dipping into frost and unholy trees. the trees were then fixed to put certain talents out of reach of the hybrid spec.

in cata dw unholy made another appearence in t11 which was only better when you were near BiS for that tier. it was quickly nerfed by normalizing sudden doom procs and making it main hand only.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

DW Unholy was T9 for a while. 2h Frost wasn't around.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]