Pet battle help

90 Dwarf Death Knight
When loading into the world (PLAYER_LOGIN) it seems the pet battle information is not loaded until the Pet Journal is opened or a player enters a pet battle. Is there a way to force the Journal to update before the window is opened?

I even tried to programmatically open the journal and it doesn't appear to work (ShowUIPanel(PetJournalParent) does nothing and PetJournalParent:Show() fires an error with PetJournalParent being nil until it's been opened once with the button on screen). I am at a loss here. I want to have the information of the three pets that I have on my team available upon login but I can't access that information until the window is opened or I enter a battle.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
The Pet Journal is Load on Demand, meaning it doesn't get loaded until you try to open it from the micro menu. You can list it as a dependency in your AddOn's TOC if you want to make sure it's loaded before your AddOn.

## Title: My AddOn
## Interface: 50001
## Dependencies: Blizzard_PetJournal

foo.xml
bar.lua
Edited by Choonster on 10/6/2012 7:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]