Professions of healing priest

90 Pandaren Priest
I was talking to our monk healer about what he's picking up as professions. He mentioned BS and JC. After looking at the gem stats in MoP, I think BS+JC is probably a nice combo for healing priest who wants all Spirit in the world. (Note: this may change later in game if Spirit is of lesser concerns, if it ever happens.)

With the 2 extra sockets from BS and 2 JC-only Spirit gems, these 2 professions would give additional 320x2+160x2=960 Spirits. Future Epic gems may provide even more Spirit. I don't think other professions can provide that much Spirit boost.

What do others think? Is my calculation right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Jewelcrafting gives a maximum bonus of +640 Spirit.
Blacksmithing gives a maximum bonus of +640 Spirit.
Tailoring gives a proc-based Spirit bonus that averages out to about +750 Spirit.
Engineering/Leatherworking/Enchanting/Inscription does not allow you to boost Spirit, only Intellect.
I'm not quite sure of the value of Alchemy right now for the Spirit flask, if it differs from the others...

I would personally choose Tailoring and BS or JC at this point if I was starting fresh.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
JC is actually only 320 spirit because blizzard cannot do math and made the JC spirit gems 1.5x a normal gem instead of 2x.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Hmm, I'm only seeing +320 Spirit from JC, because the normal blue gem is +320 Spirit, and the JC ones are +480 Spirit.

I can't find more information on Tailoring because the wowhead only says the embroidery gets better after 550 skill points. If it is +750 Spirit, then that is certainly nice.

Engineering has a cogwheel gives 600 Spirit, so that's +280 Spirit better than the regular gem.

Enchanting, Leatherworking, Inscription give Intel boost.

For Alchemy, in the past, I just get longer flask (not stronger) and more mana on Mana potions with the alchemy trinket.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Hmm, I'm only seeing +320 Spirit from JC, because the normal blue gem is +320 Spirit, and the JC ones are +480 Spirit.

I can't find more information on Tailoring because the wowhead only says the embroidery gets better after 550 skill points. If it is +750 Spirit, then that is certainly nice.

Engineering has a cogwheel gives 600 Spirit, so that's +280 Spirit better than the regular gem.

Enchanting, Leatherworking, Inscription give Intel boost.

For Alchemy, in the past, I just get longer flask (not stronger) and more mana on Mana potions with the alchemy trinket.

You do get stronger flasks with Alchemy, I'm just not sure exactly what the boost is currently.

I didn't realize they had messed up the JC trinket. I think it's clear that the best Spirit bonus then would be BS and Tailoring.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I started this Priest fresh for MoP and am quite happy with Tailoring and Enchanting. One feeds the other so mats have never been an issue.

I am up to my ears in cloth and dusts... very profitable. I like the cloak and ring enchants as well.

160 int on the rings and Darkglow procs 3000 spirit which I am using over Lightweave to help with regen.
Edited by Tihra on 10/6/2012 8:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
74 Human Priest
Definitely try Tailoring for the Darkglow. Don't forget you also get epic quality pant enchants for a measly 3 vendor bought threads.

As for some other profession... I would recommend anything that you would personally get more benefit from as a priest. With Tailoring, you get access to BoE epics you can make and possibly upgrade yourself with, cloak embroidery, and almost free leg enchants. With BS, you get an early stat advantage, but also a lot of items you can't do anything with.
Reply Quote
I'm not quite sure of the value of Alchemy right now for the Spirit flask, if it differs from the others...

It does, and it's worth noting that the buff icon names the correct amount of stat gained after mixology, which it never did before.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
10/06/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Jesmie

It's +3000 Spirit (or +2000 Int) for 15 sec every minute. However, you could have a +180 Intellect enchant on your cloak. So it ends up being +320 Int over the alternative (if your proc happens every minute like clockwork, which it won't). There isn't any enchant cloak for Spirit, so the Darkglow Embroidery works well if you think 1.5 Spirit > 1 Int.

Cogwheels are not gems - they go in special cogwheel slots that replace the normal stats on gear. The special item for Engineering is Synapse Springs - an activatable +1920 Int for 10 sec out of 60 sec. Note that the Synapse Springs stack with your enchant gloves, so that +1920 is actually +320 over time no matter how you enchant your gloves.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]