Ret paladin DPS.

90 Human Death Knight
I want to know your guys opinions , so far from what i have seen is that its really lacking in both aspects of PvE and PvP the damage just seems so low compared , so i am wondering how they fair at 90 being a very gear reliant spec and the stats being all out of wack during leveling how do you 90 retadins feel about your DPS?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Feelin good. No complaints.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
seems a bit low. I cant tell if thats because others are too high, but I think its a combination of the 2.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I haven't PvP'd yet but in PvE damage is very nice. I'm ALWAYS at the top to of the DPS meter and when I pop my burst on a boss I've reached 125-150+k dps. I played Frost DK for most of Cata and this feels alot better than that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
im loving ret atm .... it feels so fluid ... feels like an entirely different class altogether
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
The burst damage, particularly aoe, is somewhat spotty and heavily reliant on cooldowns. Damage overall seems decent.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I like how much we can heal ourselves with word of glory but I feel like that just draws out any pvp fight, dueled a death knight and we were both just healing the crap out of our selves, he was blood and I was ret, I even said screw it after 5 minutes and turned on seal of insight and wasn't losing any hp, we called it at like 15 minutes a draw.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't melee blood DK's.

Our sustained overall is a little low and our burst potential still somewhat high, but the flow of play is really good.
Edited by Cayse on 10/7/2012 11:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Lower than I'd like, but not "bad," per se. Combat flows pretty well for us, but our sustained could still be higher compared to most other classes.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I'm having good results for pve when I have cooldowns up (around 50-60k dps overall), but pvp has not been good so far, probably due to the lack of gear. Fun class though, I enjoy it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/07/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Sonlir
I like how much we can heal ourselves with word of glory but I feel like that just draws out any pvp fight, dueled a death knight and we were both just healing the crap out of our selves, he was blood and I was ret, I even said screw it after 5 minutes and turned on seal of insight and wasn't losing any hp, we called it at like 15 minutes a draw.

This thread is about DPS, not healing. If you want to know how ret compairs at level 90, go do a dungeon with a equally geared DK tank, and equally geared hunters and or mages. The pally will be the lowest DPS of them all, Much lower than the DK tank even.. So... How is ret at 90? Feels like we are using rubber hoses as weapons. (or spaghetti noodles. take your pick)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
blizz screwed over ret pallies this x pac thats for sure
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
but what else is new
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/07/2012 06:09 PMPosted by Valesti
blizz screwed over ret pallies this x pac thats for sure

Either they screwed over ret pallies, or the left us alone and buffed the other classes. I am not sure which one it is. All I know is.. our ONLY DPS spec is meh at best compaired with other classes with comperable gear.
Reply Quote
I seem to be doing alright, though my DPS varies wildly one fight to the next, or even from one iteration of a fight to the next. I'm sure that this is because of the very cooldown dependant nature of our DPS - a few more seconds off or on the target whilst CDs are popped makes a huge difference.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
So we went in today to do some Feng attempts and I am seeing a bit of a weakness with ret. Burst is still great and I am hitting around 90k on the initial pull with CD's popped, but sustained is seriously suffering. I think when gear starts to come in more and we are able to reforge some into haste, it will get much better, but as of right now both our ret paladins are the lowest overall DPS.

I'm sure they will scale us up a bit but I think we are very dependant on haste for fluidity in rotation and that is what's killing our DPS.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I like the people still rocking greens that are complaining about low DPS numbers lol.

Honestly, I haven't jumped into any PvP yet, but from a PvE standpoint I absolutely love it. I'm topping the meters in all my groups and my class plays pretty damn fine. I expect in a few more weeks to fall behind our mage and rogue in damage once they start getting better gear, but really I don't care about being 3rd if my class is this much fun to play.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
10/07/2012 11:49 PMPosted by Lobster
You can't properly gauge melee DPS on a fight like Feng, where melee has to run out every other earthquake or run out for firebombs.

I agree that Feng is a tough fight to gauge melee DPS.

10/07/2012 11:49 PMPosted by Lobster
I don't know what your rets are doing but unless they're wearing mostly greens, they should be a lot higher than last place.

Its myself and one other with the same ilvl and not greens. Its not incompetancy its probably just a mix of fight mechanics and how bursty we are. In heroics I top meters, always. It's just raids with how long the fights are. Our sustained is just a bit weak. It should get better though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]