Ret paladin DPS.

90 Dwarf Paladin
OP in all honesty it is too early to tell, to get an idea of how balanced our DPS is you need a large sample size with all the specs in equivalent gear. At the moment there is far too large a range of gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I honestly think ret is very balanced right now. Our dps is very solid in pve and pve.

The only reason we seem to do lack of dps is because some classes are Overpowered right now, ( eg Warriors/Mages/Deathknights ) Once those classes are brought back to our playing field we shall feel very equal and in a good position.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Doing good so far in PVE top 10 in my 25 man, top 5 a good chunk of that
Edited by Paladinchaz on 10/8/2012 11:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
The only reason we seem to do lack of dps is because some classes are Overpowered right now, ( eg Warriors/Mages/Deathknights ) Once those classes are brought back to our playing field we shall feel very equal and in a good position.

Wait... Did I read that right? You think that Warriors, Mages, and DK's are next in line for the nurf bat? You have more faith in Blizzard than I do. DK's and Mages have been OP since Cata. Warriors just now joined their ranks. I don't see a nurf bat heading their way any time soon.
Edited by Thadium on 10/8/2012 4:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I honestly think ret is very balanced right now. Our dps is very solid in pve and pve.

Faith is for children and nuns. They are never going to nerf them back to us. Wishing we had good DPS doesnt make it so
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've played a Ret paladin for a long, long time, and I must say that I'm pretty happy with how rets are. Last BG I topped the Damage Done (in not that great gear either, mind you), so our damage in pvp isn't really an issue, though I can't speak for everyone.

In PvE, only thing that bothers me is the ramp up for AoEing. Switch to Seal of Righteousness -> Hammer of the Righteous -> Judgement -> Exo -> 3HP Inquisition -> Hammer of the Righteous -> Judgement -> Exo -> FINALLY Divine Storm. Other than being 'ok' with AoE, I feel our single target DPS is fantastic.

In PvP, the only thing that bothers me is that you must keep Inquisition up at all times, that's a pretty bad disadvantage considering other classes can start destroying you from the beginning, we have a mandatory ramp up time every 30 seconds because of this, if you're trying to do damage without Inquisition then you're playing the class wrong.

It's not hard, you all need to research what is the best spec, gear, rotations, etc. Also note that we are more of a 'utility', if you want to do "omg insane burst" without worrying about healing your teammates, roll a warrior or DK.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
The DPS definitely feels a bit low compared to other classes. Like said above, if you dont have inquisition up, you're not doing damage, and that shafts us quite a bit because other classes are melting face out of the box. Compared to everyone else right now, our damage is significantly lower, although I do believe we are more balanced than those other classes. I hope Blizzard comes to their senses and does some heavy duty Healer nerfs and nerfs to the classes that need it. PvP is ridiculously stupid in its current state.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Although I would prefer having more sustained DPS than just burst that heavily relies on CDs, im content with our DPS so far especially with T14 4p bonus.
Reply Quote
So we went in today to do some Feng attempts and I am seeing a bit of a weakness with ret. Burst is still great and I am hitting around 90k on the initial pull with CD's popped, but sustained is seriously suffering.
IF you want more sustained, you could try DP over HA. This will cost you controlled burst, of course.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
After playing ret for a while, single DPS isn't too bad right now, but what is really pissing me off is AOE. I literally have no AOE attacks right off the bat? Come on now. Divine storm has been messed up for the last two xpacs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I went offspec to dps on Spirit Kings and let our Monk solo tank it, our pve damage is fine. We had Qiang first so it was a pretty decent one to base it on.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
My only complaint is our AoE situation. I wish Blizzard would up the damage of HotR or at least make it so we don't need holy power to use divine storm. Makes no sense to me that we have to wait to use our best aoe attack.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/08/2012 11:52 PMPosted by Retsu
I went offspec to dps on Spirit Kings and let our Monk solo tank it, our pve damage is fine. We had Qiang first so it was a pretty decent one to base it on.

So far, all I have seen on WoL is one ret pally in LFR doing 51K DPS in MV. What suprises me is Prot Pallys are out DPSing our DPS class.

Check this out.. http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Mogu'shan_Vaults/dps/
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
For people complaining about AoE, for the love of the Light, spec Light's Hammer and glyph Mass Exorcism. It really is that easy.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Can someone please assist me? I have done much reading and have differing opinions as to what is right and what is wrong for dps. Currently with the skill Holy Avenger in raid tonight I was only pulling an average of 39-41k dps, well below the other dps classes and barely above the tanks. I use askmrrobot, and have done research which is telling me to go for sanctified wrath over Holy Avenger. Thoughts on this?
As you can see my gear and my gems/reforge/enchants should be pushing out more dps. I also have clcret to help with FCFS rotation. I recently tried to always aim to have TV5 as a priority, but the question there I have is lets say in a scenario I have 5 HP and use a tv, do I just do another HP building move and TV at 3, or do I rebuild till I have 5 and redo the cycle. Or even further should I apply the FCFS mentality to this and fill till HP is 5 and then only TV3 when the HP building moves are on cd.
I am very interested in fixing whatever the issue is with this since Its holding me back. Please get back to me.

Much Appreciated,
Demon
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I feel that it is lower than it should be. I was destroying people at the end of Cata. I believe we just need 1 more attack, and everything will be fine... I'm pretty much always lower than everyone when I do NOT use me cd's, which should not happen. When cd go up, yea, get bumped up to 50k dps overall.

And no, our talents are not what I'm talking about.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
im loving ret atm we are not the best i will say for sure

but once the bm and mage nerf bat comes through

we will be very very good contenders
Reply Quote
Been doing a lot of ret pvp were a solid class overall but really its just other classes doing way too much burst/dmg. I still feel we deserve better utility a shorter rebuke cd we don't get another interrupt. Blinding light should be a 1 minute cd the spell is basically a worse intimidating shout, no reason for it to be 2 minutes. Some sort of change to inquisition I think is in order. I would still like to just see it removed from the global cd. I don't see how that breaks anything, I think it would just be a much stronger way to fix our sustained damage problem then people realize. I'm pretty sure now that I have my 4 piece that extra holy power has been falling into limbo, I think I just need a way to spend it faster. My opinions on how weak we are have changed but I still don't feel like were in the top 4 or anything. To be honest I'm new to ret pvp, didn't play it any other season so I have no sense of how strong we were in wrath. I've been getting top 3 on bg's very consistently for a while now. So I'm feeling confident with myself and look forward to nerfs for others classes to hit and will be waiting to crush.
Edited by Shinyman on 10/10/2012 7:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]