Ret paladin DPS.

90 Human Paladin
Since 5.04 I consistently do a bit less damage per second than our Warrior and Hunters and Warlock. Prior to 5.04 we really fought for that #1 spot (except the Warlock). Now to beat them I have to have lucky procs and play perfectly, especially to beat our Hunter.

In my opinion, Hunters are a bit op at the moment. I have to work really hard just to come in second now. That is my limited experience with the folks I play with. They are good and are geared similar to me at the time.

At the end of the day I feel like I went from just above them to just below them. So it's not a big difference but I feel kinda screwed.

unfortunately my Skada has recently decided it doesn't like raids so I've had to disable my dps meter. I'm not sure I really need it anyway. It was wrong compared to what others saw on Recount, sometimes significantly. With the higher system requirements for MoP on Ultra I've let some addons go due to choppy gameplay.
Edited by Sarvan on 10/10/2012 9:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Since 5.04 I consistently do a bit less damage per second than our Warrior and Hunters and Warlock. Prior to 5.04 we really fought for that #1 spot (except the Warlock). Now to beat them I have to have lucky procs and play perfectly, especially to beat our Hunter.

In my opinion, Hunters are a bit op at the moment. I have to work really hard just to come in second now. That is my limited experience with the folks I play with. They are good and are geared similar to me at the time.

At the end of the day I feel like I went from just above them to just below them. So it's not a big difference but I feel kinda screwed.

unfortunately my Skada has recently decided it doesn't like raids so I've had to disable my dps meter. I'm not sure I really need it anyway. It was wrong compared to what others saw on Recount, sometimes significantly. With the higher system requirements for MoP on Ultra I've let some addons go due to choppy gameplay.
A bit? Warriors, Hunters and Warlocks are doing double the damage of Rets now
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It the gear I'm in to the left, I consistantly top the DPS in Heroics, losing only to other AoE intensive classes such as specced mages and DK tanks and even then not by much. I've found Ret aoe to be insane now, and the more mobs you pile on the more damage and healing I can output which, in my opinion, is exactly where I want the class to be.

On single-target pulls, such as bosses and the like, my DPS does dip considerably depending on my proccs, but when I do get a good bursty proc I crit on TV for over 140k now, withOUT wings, and that's just fine with me. As long as my numbers, consistantly, are average, my bursts are high, and my heals give the healer in my group a nice cushiony safety net I've got no complaints about my classes DPS.

So far, most of the complaints I see about Ret DPS is how we are not retarded in Arena anymore and all the attention is shifting back to Warrior / DK for melee.
Reply Quote
It the gear I'm in to the left, I consistantly top the DPS in Heroics, losing only to other AoE intensive classes such as specced mages and DK tanks and even then not by much. .

Your in mostly full dungeon heroics pieces that are enchanted. That's much better then the majority of players still doing heroics. Nobody is saying ret pve dps is bad. I don't think our pvp dps is bad either I just think we don't quite have the right tools to do much outside of our 20 sec wings burst.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
though i do feel that dk's and mages are OP atm. I'm happy over all with this spec i switched mains from mage to ret pally and i like the play style there could be a better on demand aoe move maybe not link HoR w/ CS for cd. maybe they could buff holy prism or take it off gcd tbh i like holy prism more than the other teir 6 talents just more versatile and u get to use it 3 times more and its perfect to fill those dead areas of rotation where all things are on cd
Edited by Meatbawlz on 10/10/2012 11:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
A bit? Warriors, Hunters and Warlocks are doing double the damage of Rets now

You must be a REALLY REALLY bad Paladin for that to be the case, but then again looking at your PvE progress, I'm not surprised.
PVE LOL. It's not a representation of PVP. Go away troll
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Can someone please assist me? I have done much reading and have differing opinions as to what is right and what is wrong for dps. Currently with the skill Holy Avenger in raid tonight I was only pulling an average of 39-41k dps, well below the other dps classes and barely above the tanks. I use askmrrobot, and have done research which is telling me to go for sanctified wrath over Holy Avenger. Thoughts on this?
As you can see my gear and my gems/reforge/enchants should be pushing out more dps. I also have clcret to help with FCFS rotation. I recently tried to always aim to have TV5 as a priority, but the question there I have is lets say in a scenario I have 5 HP and use a tv, do I just do another HP building move and TV at 3, or do I rebuild till I have 5 and redo the cycle. Or even further should I apply the FCFS mentality to this and fill till HP is 5 and then only TV3 when the HP building moves are on cd.
I am very interested in fixing whatever the issue is with this since Its holding me back. Please get back to me.

Much Appreciated,
Demon

Trying this again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]