Which Race would win in a solo fight?

100 Draenei Death Knight
Just trying to think of a ladder tournament. Which race would win? Let's assume each race member is a Sword mage type class so that it's 50/50 racial strength with racial magic talent.

Who would end up on top?
Reply Quote
Whoever has the best gear would win

Probably the Blood Elves, since as a race, virtually all of them can use magic on some level
Edited by Spellestra on 10/7/2012 6:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Draenei.

No, really. They are taller and broader than other races in general, so I'll give them 2nd place on raw physical strength, just under Tauren. Then we have magical talent on par with, if not above, all the Elves. And hten there's the connection to the light and racial heal.

So yeah, Draenei.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Gnomes! Sneaky little bastards....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Draenei.

No, really. They are taller and broader than other races in general, so I'll give them 2nd place on raw physical strength, just under Tauren. Then we have magical talent on par with, if not above, all the Elves. And hten there's the connection to the light and racial heal.

So yeah, Draenei.

Even with that they got curb stomped by Orcs then Blood Elves.
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 12:42 PMPosted by Desidarius
Even with that they got curb stomped by Orcs then Blood Elves.

Orcs - Sneaky, underhanded tactics. Read Rise of the Horde.

Blood Elves - Kael'thas stole the Tempest Keep while no one was looking, Voren'thal submitted to A'dal after reaching Shattrath and some chumps managed to crash the Exodar before being beaten. Hardly "victories".

EDIT: Also, those were full-scale wars. Draenei are supposed to be very few. In a war, it makes the difference. One on one, not so much.
Edited by Heon on 10/7/2012 12:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
I'd say Forsaken. I mean think about it, if they're of an equal attacking strength and this match goes on indefinitely until one dies or becomes more dead, then all that needs to happen is that they fight, leave in order to gather supplies, the Forsaken hides and watches the other race as it tries to find it, keeps going until it finds somewhere to hide out and sleep, and then the Forsaken attacks. The other becomes restless, manages to fight off the Forsaken but is unable to sleep for fear that he would get attacked. Days pass, and eventually the other race's skills die down, then either when he falls asleep the Forsaken kills them, or else they still kill them when they're weakened. This is the advantage of them not needing sleep, food, water, or anything. They can exploit their opponents' weaknesses in them.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
The Titans. (I just love cheating!)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
I would also say Draenei, one on one. The Rise of the Horde situation is irrelivent, because Valen repeatedly hold the Draenei back as they try to help the Orcs, while the latter is systematically slaughtering them. Not once, in the entire book, did the Draenei ever actually commit their military power.

By and large, the Draenei are the biggest of the Alliance races. They are also one of the most physically strong. They have an advantage over Tauren, their only natural competition, because of their natural affinity for magic. They are also functionally Immortal, meaning most Draenei have centuries, if not millennia of experience (admitedly in running, but it's been an embattled retreat). Their technology and craftsmenship also out strips everyone but perhapse the Blood Elves.

Not to mention they have a natural healing ability which outstrips everyone but the Trolls.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
10/07/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Caeledor
Not to mention they have a natural healing ability which outstrips everyone but the Trolls.
Not to get off topic, but is Gift of the Naaru considered canon? I thought it more of a nice game mechanic that Draenei can use is they're in a bind.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
I'm going with (surprise, surprise) Night Elves.

Assuming that you go with Priestess of the Moon as their mage/sword type (though I suppose you could go with Warden), then your looking at the best of the best military wise, in addition to some substantial defensive/offensive powers.

Lets take a look at Shandris and Cho'gal. She isn't even half as powerful as Tyrande in the ways of maigc, and well.. She laid the smack down on the dude.

Then factor in the Night Elf combat prowess from Wolfheart, where they were by and large the martial superior to the Orcs by an amount that, if anything, was to much, coupled with Pained's portrayal in ToW, where she was substantially faster than an orc with two lighter weapons while at the same time wielding a much heavier weapon, and well.

I don't think, in one on one, the other races would be able to fight against Night Elves one on one.

Unless the purpose is to redshirt the Night Elves, and then it doesn't really matter what they can do.
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 02:24 PMPosted by Vynathlon
Not to get off topic, but is Gift of the Naaru considered canon? I thought it more of a nice game mechanic that Draenei can use is they're in a bind.

The peculiar rune that the Draenei get when they use it is feature in art and it's referred more than once in quests, so I believe it's canon, yeah.

One might note it can even be used as a weapon against Forsaken =)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
10/07/2012 02:24 PMPosted by Vynathlon

In Rise of of the Horde they were portrayed as quite proficient in healing arts, though i will admit there was nothing to indicate they are ALL thusly skilled.

I'm going with (surprise, surprise) Night Elves.

Assuming that you go with Priestess of the Moon as their mage/sword type (though I suppose you could go with Warden), then your looking at the best of the best military wise, in addition to some substantial defensive/offensive powers.

Lets take a look at Shandris and Cho'gal. She isn't even half as powerful as Tyrande in the ways of maigc, and well.. She laid the smack down on the dude.

Then factor in the Night Elf combat prowess from Wolfheart, where they were by and large the martial superior to the Orcs by an amount that, if anything, was to much, coupled with Pained's portrayal in ToW, where she was substantially faster than an orc with two lighter weapons while at the same time wielding a much heavier weapon, and well.

I don't think, in one on one, the other races would be able to fight against Night Elves one on one.

Unless the purpose is to redshirt the Night Elves, and then it doesn't really matter what they can do.

While i largely agree (and considering how well small raiding parties did against the Warsong Clan in the first Ashenvale mission in WC 3) I would definately put Night Elves up there. From a purely military standpoint, i would certianly go with them.

Still, they lack the size, natural weapons, magical tallent etc. of the Draenei. There has to be a reason why Sargeras picked the Eredar to be his shock troops and generals, after all.

One on one, i would say Draenei > Night Elf.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Forsaken. Easily.

They're already dead. What are you going to do? They don't fatigue. They don't sleep, breath, eat, or drink. They don't bleed. You could probably cut them in half and they would still come after you.

In Sylvannas's leader short story one of the Forsaken commanders gets shot in the jaw by a sniper only to get back up.
Reply Quote
Say, do we have any information if Draenei tails are prehensile? Or at least can be used for sweep and the like? It would be another member to watch out for in a fight, and that's a huge advantage.
Reply Quote
Forsaken. Easily.

They're already dead. What are you going to do? They don't fatigue. They don't sleep, breath, eat, or drink. They don't bleed. You could probably cut them in half and they would still come after you.

In Sylvannas's leader short story one of the Forsaken commanders gets shot in the jaw by a sniper only to get back up.

And then it's shown that they would lose anyway if not for Sylvannas and the Val'kyr.

A dismembered Forsaken can still be "alive" technically, but it ceases to be a threat.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
One on one, i would say Draenei > Night Elf.

Night Elves certainly wouldn't be lacking size. I don't know how large the Draenei are in canon, but if they are similar to Orcs, the average Night Elf is at least a foot bigger. Sure, in game models have this a bit off, but books tend to put Orcs at about 6 ft, with Night Elves at 7. I don't know if Draenei got an entry.

Night Elves are strong. That's something that gets overlooked a lot because people instinctively link elves with speed over strength. The fact is Night Elves and Orcs are close enough in strength that weapons snap before any makes any major ground (again, seen in wolfheart) which is further supported later on in the novel with it being implied that Night Elves have fairly dense muscle structure, with Worgen (who have a foot of height on Night Elves) only "maybe" weighing a few pounds more than Jarod.

The Eredar were simply the first sentient race to join up with Sargeras. He didn't search the universe for them, and while they are talented, they are far from the only one's in that regard.

And, I think fanon kind of infected Blizzard, because most recent artwork and models of Night Elves depict them with some fairly serious claws going on.

Like most races, I would say a lot would depend on the mentality of the person fighting more than just the physical aspects.
Edited by Ferlion on 10/7/2012 3:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Forsaken. Easily.

And yet, as undead they are easily put down by people weilding more than a mote of Holy magic. In fact, we know from previous Q&A that using the bloody stuff is outright painful for them (though they do it anyway... maybe all the leather straps on their faces is indicitive of something else...).

Any combatant, be it Night Elf priest (specificly cleric, given the criteria at the start of the thread) to Draenei to human/Dwarf/Blood Elf Paladin would put the smack down on any Forsaken.
Reply Quote
Look at the Battlecry mosaic. Even with perspective considerations, Velen has at least a full head over Tyrande, Varian and Thrall alike.

Also, 7' Night Elves? What the !@#$?
Edited by Heon on 10/7/2012 3:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Look at the Battlecry mosaic. Even with perspective considerations, Velen has at least a full head over Tyrande, Varian and Thrall alike.

Also, 7' Night Elves? What the !@#$?

Yes, Night Elves are much larger than Orcs and Humans height wise. Though Garrosh may be an exception. Using the very same mosaic, Tyrande is taller than Varian, and almost as tall as Thrall, who on more than one occasion has been described as a large Orc. Tyrande....is not a large Night Elf as far as we know (in fact, we do have a singularly large Night Elf in Darkshore who is quite a bit bigger than the rest)

I never liked the Mosaic much though, because it looks like Velen and Baine both are superimposed onto the lineup rather than actually being on the line up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]