Which Race would win in a solo fight?

90 Draenei Paladin
I think that would be hilarious if you could cast that as a damaging DoT.

Especially if it worked as a percentage of targets health still.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
10/07/2012 09:20 PMPosted by Arkturas
Aside from their weakness to the Light.
This is all assuming that they're the exact same. So in this case, I was assuming that a human warrior and a Forsaken warrior were to fight to the death and then we're supposed to predict the victor. In this case, the Forsaken also have a partial resistance to shadow magic but will that help them against the warrior? No. Likewise, do the warriors have some sort of light based attack to use against the Forsaken? So you see the irrelevance regarding light magic and the Forsaken. I mean sure if it were the Forsaken paladins versus the Human Paladins then it might have something to do with it, but Forsaken paladins don't exist so such a scenario would not work.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Depends on how you view the question. For example, the baseline warrior/fight of the Draenei appears to be the Vindicator, whereas for most others, it's a Warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
As for the Blood Elves, not only did they wreck the Draenei, they stole one of their gods in the process and took over one of the Naaru space stations.

I believe you missed patch 2.4.0, son.

You know, the one who stated that M'uru allowed himself to be captured. And that ended with Velen saving the Blood Elves asses from starvation.

No, I didn't. The Draenei got slaughtered, it says that in many quests. Regardless of whether he "allowed" himself to be captured or not. Also different blood elves. He helped the Silvermoon blood elves not Kael's.

Don't call me son, jackass. Even if you disagree with me, this is no place to stroke your ego.

I would also like to call... what did you call it? Fanwank? On this drivle. Rise of the Horde makes it pretty clear the Draenei barely fought back, because they (well, mostly because Valen said so) viewed the Orcs as innocent stooges of the Legion.

Being able to beat someone who won't fight is hardly proof that the Orcs are oh-so superior to the Draenei. Nice try at the revisionism though.

Read chapter 20 again, and why he did it. He knew the Draenie couldn't beat the orcs. So he tried to fool the legion into thinking the vast majority of them had been killed. Also if you read it again, you'd see that part was after the cities had been invaded and many had already been killed.

You accuse me of revision but you use one small instance to coat all of the story? C'mon now.
Edited by Desidarius on 10/8/2012 12:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

You know, the one who stated that M'uru allowed himself to be captured. And that ended with Velen saving the Blood Elves asses from starvation.

No, I didn't. The Draenei got slaughtered, it says that in many quests. Regardless of whether he "allowed" himself to be captured or not. Also different blood elves. He helped the Silvermoon blood elves not Kael's.

Don't call me son, jackass. Even if you disagree with me, this is no place to stroke your ego.

I would also like to call... what did you call it? Fanwank? On this drivle. Rise of the Horde makes it pretty clear the Draenei barely fought back, because they (well, mostly because Valen said so) viewed the Orcs as innocent stooges of the Legion.

Being able to beat someone who won't fight is hardly proof that the Orcs are oh-so superior to the Draenei. Nice try at the revisionism though.

Read chapter 20 again, and why he did it. He knew the Draenie couldn't beat the orcs. So he tried to fool the legion into thinking the vast majority of them had been killed. Also if you read it again, you'd see that part was after the cities had been invaded and many had already been killed.

You accuse me of revision but you use one small instance to coat all of the story? C'mon now.

I may be missing context but wasn't the Dreanei Hopelessly outnumbered?
Edited by Amathyst on 10/8/2012 1:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Looking at the Night Elf males in Warcraft 3, they are on par with Draenei and almost the Tauren I would think, some of the druids of the claw being quite hulk like.

Being 7-8 feet tall and powerfully built but lithe gives you immense strength as well as agility. This makes the Kaldorei one of the most physically dangerous races up there with Orcs, Tauren and Draenei.

The Worgen are freaking werewolves though, with razor sharp claws and teeth and can run as fast as a horse on all fours. Not something to be trifled with.

When it comes to using magic and weapons, situations change. It is dependant upon the situation there.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
...Desidarius, are you actually reading what you are typing before you hit post?

Because, well, your logic sucks.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
...Desidarius, are you actually reading what you are typing before you hit post?

Because, well, your logic sucks.

His logic makes sense to me. It only seems like you made this post because you can't think of a counter-argument.
Edited by Mormin on 10/8/2012 1:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 11:30 PMPosted by Desidarius
No, I didn't. The Draenei got slaughtered, it says that in many quests.

Becusse they were took by surprise and wouldn't fight back. Also, they were outnumbered. Know your lore.

Regardless of whether he "allowed" himself to be captured or not.

Not "regardless". It makes all the difference. If he allowed himself to be acptured it wasn't the blood elves' merit, at all, and so your point becomes moot.

He helped the Silvermoon blood elves not Kael's

Makes no difference, again. By the time the Draenei were attacked on Outland, up until patch 2.4.0, there was no difference between Silvermoon's Blood Elves and Kael'thas Blood Elves.

Lol. Okay, son.

Also if you read it again, you'd see that part was after the cities had been invaded and many had already been killed.

Yes.

Because the Orcs used stealth and trickery to take the Draenei by surprise. Even if they had the numbers on their side, they still took all measures to make sure the Draenei wouldn't be prepared. Now, why would they do that?

Looking at the Night Elf males in Warcraft 3, they are on par with Draenei and almost the Tauren I would think, some of the druids of the claw being quite hulk like. Being 7-8 feet tall and powerfully built but lithe gives you immense strength as well as agility. This makes the Kaldorei one of the most physically dangerous races up there with Orcs, Tauren and Draenei.

Every instance of official art and in-game models make Draenei and Tauren taller than Night Elves and Humans. Kaldorei can be whatever, but they aren't as tall and broad as the Draenei, just as Draenei aren't as broad as the Tauren.
Edited by Heon on 10/8/2012 2:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081002005808/wowwiki/images/c/ca/Druidoftheclaw.JPG

An official Blizzard art piece.

But yes, they are not as broad as Tauren in most art. Again though, their muscle density is probably greater, so while they are not as strong as a Tauren, it's not going to be as onesided strength wise as it could otherwise be.
Edited by Ferlion on 10/8/2012 2:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
10/08/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Mormin
His logic makes sense to me. It only seems like you made this post because you can't think of a counter-argument.

I've noted a lot of Horde posters seem quite ignorant of the 'reality' of Warcraft.

I keep trying to pin down if it's observer bias, or a fact of playing the faction with the most convoluted, hypocritical nature I've seen.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
10/08/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Arkturas

I've noted a lot of Horde posters seem quite ignorant of the 'reality' of Warcraft.

I keep trying to pin down if it's observer bias, or a fact of playing the faction with the most convoluted, hypocritical nature I've seen.

Should I post from this toon instead? Its Mormin btw. Don't bring faction bias into this to hide from actually talking about the subject please. The Draenei DID try to fight the Blood Elves. They lost. They fought against the Blood Elves to stop them to take Tempest Keep, but they lost and had to steal a ship to run.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
10/08/2012 03:51 PMPosted by Polkyna
Should I post from this toon instead? Its Mormin btw. Don't bring faction bias into this to hide from actually talking about the subject please. The Draenei DID try to fight the Blood Elves. They lost. They fought against the Blood Elves to stop them to take Tempest Keep, but they lost and had to steal a ship to run.

This is not about faction bias at all. I am perplexed that you think this.

As if proving my point above, you seem to have a great deal of outright false impressions about the lore.

The Draenei hijacked the Exodar from the Tempest Keep group, taking it from the Blood Elves. They did not try to take it all. They did not loose it to the Blood Elves. The Blood Elves took it over after the Naaru used it to get to Outland. I do not know if they just snuck aboard after all the Naaru left or not, but they fought no Draenei to capture it. On the contrary, they fought the Draenei to stop them from stealing the Exodar, and lost.

A helpful thing would be to bookmark Wowpedia, and stick it on your main bar. And then consult it often.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Draenei would lose because they dont fight dirty. Forsaken would win because they're really hard to kill and cheat.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

This is not about faction bias at all. I am perplexed that you think this.

As if proving my point above, you seem to have a great deal of outright false impressions about the lore.

The Draenei hijacked the Exodar from the Tempest Keep group, taking it from the Blood Elves. They did not try to take it all. They did not loose it to the Blood Elves. The Blood Elves took it over after the Naaru used it to get to Outland. I do not know if they just snuck aboard after all the Naaru left or not, but they fought no Draenei to capture it. On the contrary, they fought the Draenei to stop them from stealing the Exodar, and lost.

A helpful thing would be to bookmark Wowpedia, and stick it on your main bar. And then consult it often.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Blood_elf

Under Kael'thas' direction, the blood elves attacked the citadel of Tempest Keep. Slaughtering its defenders and causing the outmanned draenei to flee in their vessel, Kael'thas finally found himself dealing with an odd sight: a naaru, named M'uru, who proved to be the Keep's final defender. After some hassle, Kael'thas was able to overcome it, claiming Tempest Keep as his own, and sent the subdued naaru back to Quel'Thalas as a gift for his people to feed upon. This decision led to the creation of the Blood Knights, a powerful order of paladins wielding light stolen from the naaru's being. Back in Quel'Thalas, the coming to power of this order was met with mixed reactions - many citizens viewed them as staunch and iron defenders of Quel'Thalas, though others (such as the Farstriders) looked down upon their modus operandi.

And as for the child who's arguments are "nuh uh" and "lulziknowmoreson":

Draenor, would never be sated until death stiffened their corpses. Kil’jaeden's and Sargeras's Burning Legion of demonic forces owned them now. The Orcs had numbers, ogres, warlocks, and a fury that would take them physically and emotionally to places where no rational mind would dare travel. There was nothing Velen could do but let the city fall, for there was nothing he could do that could possibly save it.

As for using stealth and surprise, that's called war. Just like the Trojan horse or any other shock and awe style of fighting. The Orcs still won, and the Draenei did fight back accept for the few Velen told not to in order to escape. They lost. You can believe all the little super blue fannon you want. The Draenei got stomped on by the Orcs.
Edited by Desidarius on 10/8/2012 5:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I actually see a lot of things proving that the only way the Draenei lost was the fact that they were outnumbered.

Try again?

I will admit, I had never read anything suggesting the Draenei were on TK before the Blood Elves attacked, since at that time they were in hiding, and the TK system arrived long after Draenor blew up.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Ferlion
An official Blizzard art piece.

So? It shows a Druid of the Claw. I honestly don't see the point.

10/08/2012 03:51 PMPosted by Polkyna
The Draenei DID try to fight the Blood Elves. They lost. They fought against the Blood Elves to stop them to take Tempest Keep, but they lost and had to steal a ship to run.

Only M'uru was in the Tempest Keep, and he allowed himself to be taken. The Draenei were in Shattrath, or Telredor. The rest of the Naaru were in Shattrath.

What the Draenei did fight for was the Exodar, and looky looky, they got it.

ALso, there was nothign Velen could do, because, again:

- Heavily outnumbered.

- aken by surprise and took heavy hits before they could stage a defense

- Velen wouldn't allow the Draenei to shatter the Orcs when they were only the sword in Killy'J's hands.

10/08/2012 04:39 PMPosted by Desidarius
As for using stealth and surprise, that's called war.

Seems you don't understand the purpose of the topic.

It's to decide who would win in an one on one fight. One on one. When I pointed out that Draenei were stronger than Orcs, someone, maybe you, I won't bother to check, answered with a LOL, DRAENOR. Completely missing the fact that Orcs then were using dirty tactics, superior numbers and the Draenei didn't want to fight back.

Those things make a difference. If you want to believe that dirty tactics are okay in war, have your way. But you see - in an one on one, fair fight, you can't use that kind of tactics. Gnomes may be able to wipe out Tauren through dirty bombs and stealth. That doesn't mean a gnome would be able to match a Tauren in singular combat. See the difference? See the fundamental point you're missing?

10/08/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Arkturas
I will admit, I had never read anything suggesting the Draenei were on TK before the Blood Elves attacked, since at that time they were in hiding, and the TK system arrived long after Draenor blew up

That piece of Lore seem to be a holdout from the time Tempest Keep was the only Naaru vessel, since the Oshu'gun idea came later. Regardless, it has always been clear that M'uru was the only dense the ship had, perhaps along a handful of Draenei. But Tempest Keep was left purposefully defenseless exactly because both Velen and Naaru WANTED the Blood Elves to reach M'uru.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]